The Temple Bar: Stuff and All That UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does that mean you can post from your bedroom now philly? I see this going all kinds of bad :tsk:

How do you make them? I've only ever had them made for me...:reject:

that's what they pay me for NSW :) oh wait...I haven't had a check in a while...I'm losing my touch I guess :(

Bloody Mary = tomato juice, vodka (preferable Peppar), horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, lemon/lime juice, pepper, hot sauce - tabasco is best...I think that's it. Mix well. Enjoy.

No pants o clock was a hit, but we had to move on. We rocked that party til the break of dawn.

Why would anyone, ever, that's not a Red Sox fan root for that franchise? If your answer is that you hate the Yankees, then I can accept that, what else is new...but other than that, I don't get it.

You'll probably get your wish later today, Snow.

Then you can move on to the Bills, and the Leafs missing the playoffs for the 3rd straight year, which has not happened in 80 years.

That's a side effect of the 45 second rule's demise, I guess.

If the Yankees lose outright, that is acceptable. However, it's more humiliating to them and theirs if the Red Sox can do it. And I'm all for that.

Why do you root for the Steelers?

No spoken words said:
You'll probably get your wish later today, Snow.

Then you can move on to the Bills, and the Leafs missing the playoffs for the 3rd straight year, which has not happened in 80 years.

I know - I'm quite excited about my lose lose lose trifecta :hyper:

:sad:

So Yankee haters root for the Yankees to win, then lose? Got it.

I root for the Steelers because when I was very young, they were on TV a lot because they were a dominant franchise, and I just latched on. Been a fan for over 30 years now, go to games there, etc. Root for the Giants, too.

^let me explain. If the Red Sox have to play the Indians, I have no care who wins...but the energy and tension that would be there with the Sox vs the Yankess would make me care to watch the playoffs.

I'll still watch...but it won't be the same as watching the Cubs or a rivalry. Does this make sense?

^I'm really not a huge Red Sox fan either. I'm not a huge American League fan really. I like the Cubs. The Brewers are cool b/c I grew up in Wisconsin. But then they had to move to the NL Central...that made things difficult. I find myself rooting for Baltimore, but they are a sad sight right now, so I can't forsee them in the playoffs any time soon.

I rooted for the Braves for a long time, they were my "NL" team. Then, when I moved to LA, the Dodgers became my NL team, because it was just better for my friends, the city and even my network if they won....and now, of course, I pull for the Cubs since I live n Chicago.

Yeah, I had a hard time in Iowa. They played Cardinals baseball on the Des Moines sports radio station all the time. I would listen at work(painting) or at night driving 30 minutes too and from my friends(and girlfriend's) house.

I knew I was supposed to dislike them, but it was the year McGwire and Sosa were in that HR race together. Well, and other years with Puljos, Edmonds, Renteria etc.
And when you hear the team all summer long, you kind of get attached to them a little bit. Ahem...BOO CARDINALS. :wink:

1/2 of my family lives in New England. My Grandma, Aunt, Unlce, cousins, etc, all are Sox fans. My cousin was the PA Announcer at Fenway for like 30 years. I spent a lot of time in Boston and the surrounding area as a kid, and love the city. I have lots of ties there, as you can see. I fucking hate the Red Sox anyway, so, you boo the Cardinals all the time, please, unless they hire you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom