The Temple Bar - Stripped & Dirrty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:

Thora - I've been paying more attention to OHL as I have season tix - what it your league that competes in the memorial cup - any idea?

That would be the WHL. The team in Vancouver is called the Giants. I've never been to a game of theirs, but apparently they're pretty good.

UberBeaver said:

Oh, that sounds kinda cool actually. I'm all for killing seliar too. Fucking seliar killed my dog and ate my pinky toe when I was kid.

that guy is such a bastard :hate:

His brother, Syler is stalking that cheerleader in Texas I hear - disgusting :tsk:

Yes, let's jump on my rare typos. Now, I'll be all over yours. :)

300, Snow, is a film based on a graphic novel by Frank Miller. It's a story that's been told in other books and films, concerning 300 Spartans holding off invading Persian hordes long enough for Hellenic forces to arrive and stop the onslaught, and keep Greece free. These 300, save 1, died, holding off many more than 300 Persians, at a place called Thermopylae, aka "The Hot Gates".

I've read two books on it, one non-ficiton, the other historical fiction, and both were great, and the graphic novel was amazing. The film, the look of the film, seems to be amazing. Shot and filmed to resemble a comic book.

No spoken words said:

300, Snow, is a film based on a graphic novel by Frank Miller. It's a story that's been told in other books and films, concerning 300 Spartans holding off invading Persian hordes long enough for Hellenic forces to arrive and stop the onslaught, and keep Greece free. These 300, save 1, died, holding off many more than 300 Persians, at a place called Thermopylae, aka "The Hot Gates".

I've read two books on it, one non-ficiton, the other historical fiction, and both were great, and the graphic novel was amazing. The film, the look of the film, seems to be amazing. Shot and filmed to resemble a comic book.

LOL - You'll have a field day with my typos - I'm okay with that though.

No spoken words said:

Why have I never heard of this?

Thora - you should try to make a game although the season is ending - I know OHL hockey is really great. We are trying for the Memorial in 2008 and we just had it in 2005. I hope we get it.

No spoken words said:

More than '300' Persians?!?!?!? :eyebrow: I thought it was more like thousands? Am I wrong here? :scratch:

I just meant to say that they were outnumbered. Historians do not agree on just how many Persians were there. The first count I ever read was 20,000, but, that could be wildly exaggerated.

No spoken words said:
I just meant to say that they were outnumbered. Historians do not agree on just how many Persians were there. The first count I ever read was 20,000, but, that could be wildly exaggerated.

Is it? It is widely believed the Persian army numbers in the 100 of thousands, correct? It could have been 5000 or even 10,000, but it was significantly more than the Spartans. The Spartans definitely had the home field advantage though.

I'd love to take my kid to see that movie, but I know my wife does not approve of my 10 year old seeing graphic violence...she's fine with the nudity though....:whistle:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Is it? It is widely believed the Persian army numbers in the 100 of thousands, correct? It could have been 5000 or even 10,000, but it was significantly more than the Spartans. The Spartans definitely had the home field advantage though.

I'd love to take my kid to see that movie, but I know my wife does not approve of my 10 year old seeing graphic violence...she's fine with the nudity though....:whistle:

The Persian amry being in the 100's of thousands is in doubt because the population of the known Persian empire at the time does not support the creation of such a vast army...but, there are others that think that # is valid. Either way, the Spartans were severely outmanned, and betrayed and so they were flanked, but still held firm. Spartan culture, the taking of kids at age 7 or so and training them for the remainder of their childhood and teen years for the military blows my mind. And, there's Athens, not far away, with their Navy but also with their quest for knowledge. Hellenic culture fascinates me.

Ok, shutting up.

No spoken words said:

The Persian amry being in the 100's of thousands is in doubt because the population of the Persian empire at the time does not support the creation of such a vast army...but, there are others that think that # is valid. Either way, the Spartans were severely outmanned, and betrayed and so they were flanked, but still held firm. Spartan culture, the taking of kids at age 7 or so and training them for the remainder of their childhood and teen years for the military blows my mind. And, there's Athens, not far away, with their Navy but also with their quest for knowledge. Hellenic culture fascinates me.

Ok, shutting up.

I think the girls are gone, so you're free to speak. This is fascinating stuff. :up: Total guy shit...like a blindside hit on a linebacker, or riding a Harley, or listening to some Air Supply :hi5:

Was Snow posting from work...:eyebrow:

:giggle:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

I think the girls are gone, so you're free to speak. This is fascinating stuff. :up: Total guy shit...like a blindside hit on a linebacker, or riding a Harley, or listening to some Air Supply :hi5:

Was Snow posting from work...:eyebrow:

:giggle:

FUCKIN A, On the Air Supply. I am ALL out of love, bitches.

No, I think she was home seducing a gay man or something.

She was trying to get a gay man to change sides. Glad she was home.

I'll fight someone if they disrespect "Lost In Love". Why? Cos I'm back on my feet, and eager to be what you wanted.

Back
Top Bottom