The Temple Bar - Stripped & Dirrty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

I'm wondering exactly whose genes are involved in this non-drinking thing though. Her dad has been known to tip back a few, too (understatement of the year). Maybe it's like in Slaughterhourse Five, where there are 7 people involved in each conception? :yikes:

OKay dude ( I only bring out the dude for big occasions) 7 people per conception? I need to read that next :yes:

snowbunny00774 said:

What's the wedge - I never watch MM. anymore.

It's like an hour of weekly heaven, amidst a pile of crap. Indie/rock/alt videos that wouldn't make the mainstream cut. It's a weekly show Friday nights midnight till 1 am - the only time we ever watch MM.

snowbunny00774 said:

OKay dude ( I only bring out the dude for big occasions) 7 people per conception? I need to read that next :yes:

I just read that part earlier today - a male, a female, a homosexual male and female, and a male and female over 65, and i can't remember the 7th. :huh:

VintagePunk said:

I just read that part earlier today - a male, a female, a homosexual male and female, and a male and female over 65, and i can't remember the 7th. :huh:

The 7th, oddly enough, is Reggie. Very Nostradamus-like, that Vonnegut.

No spoken words said:

The 7th, oddly enough, is Reggie. Very Nostradamus-like, that Vonnegut.

Yes, that was probably it.

Okay, maybe I'm uninformed, but the Mute Math song I just heard sort of reminded me of Incubus?? Sarah recognized it, I didn't, which is weird, cause I tend to listen to way more radio that she does.

Me loves music. And, so glad there was a bit of book talk in here. Nice! :) If someone brings up movies and then sports, I'm content. Speaking of movies, NSW, are you going to see Zodiac soon? Yes, I am, thank you for asking.

how bout them basketball teams eh? EH??

I know it's not football or baseball - although I did see a spring training post - and headache is on about the basketball stuff and it's march and that's a madness thing for basketball - i guessed right eh?

Close enough, Snow. You left hockey out, which saddens Thora and Beav. Spring Training did indeed start this week, I've been active in the thread about baseball. Headache loves his hoops, to watch it and to coach it. Yes.

Thanks for indulging me. :)

Back to liquor or sex or sephora. Your call.

I know a little about those sports, but I must admit that my expertise lies in hockey. Okay, maybe not expertise, but I certainly know a hell of a lot more about it than any other sport. I used to be a huge baseball fan in the early 90's, but then got into hockey.

snowbunny00774 said:

Yeah - it's pretty sweet - you would think I'd have an easier time luring a guy into the whole you stay home and I'll work scenario - but - give you guys an inch you'd take a mile :tsk:

When my wife was in advertising, before teaching, and she was poised to make some nice money, I was all ready to stay at home with the kids....or without would've been fine too. Then she wanted to be "happy" and get a job she "enjoyed" or some crazy talk. So now, I have to work. Pfft. nonsense.

Failure to specify preferred wine results in you getting a bottle of Boone's Farm. :drool:

NSW - Is Zodiac supposed to be any good? I like Fincher, but Serial Killer movies don't really do it for me. Maybe a Fincher Serial Killer would though. I haven't heard much about it though. I'm stoked for 300. SPARTAAAAA!

No spoken words said:

She better now? Everything ok?

I have a limit, man. I gave her off to the wife. She can calm her down, and I have no friggin idea how. We both do the same shit, but the kid stops crying for her. I think the kid is still scared of me or something.

No spoken words said:
Close enough, Snow. You left hockey out, which saddens Thora and Beav. Spring Training did indeed start this week, I've been active in the thread about baseball. Headache loves his hoops, to watch it and to coach it. Yes.

Thanks for indulging me. :)

Back to liquor or sex or sephora. Your call.

I just sensed you wouldn't be all hot about hockey!!

UberBeaver said:

When my wife was in advertising, before teaching, and she was poised to make some nice money, I was all ready to stay at home with the kids....or without would've been fine too. Then she wanted to be "happy" and get a job she "enjoyed" or some crazy talk. So now, I have to work. Pfft. nonsense.

Failure to specify preferred wine results in you getting a bottle of Boone's Farm. :drool:

NSW - Is Zodiac supposed to be any good? I like Fincher, but Serial Killer movies don't really do it for me. Maybe a Fincher Serial Killer would though. I haven't heard much about it though. I'm stoked for 300. SPARTAAAAA!

I'm looking forward to 300 as well, but, even more so to Zodiac. It's less about a seliar killer and more about obsession...how the chase for this guy consumed the lives of at least 2 people, and freaked an entire city out. It's also about how information can innundate us and overwhelm us, so it can serve as allegory for today's information age. It has gotten great reviews, and, it is Fincher.

snowbunny00774 said:

I just sensed you wouldn't be all hot about hockey!!

I like hockey well enough, just not as much as baseball or american football. I used to go to a lot of Islander games as a kid/teen, and go to a few Kings and Ducks games a year now. But, yeah, hockey would not have gotten me all hot, good call. :)

No spoken words said:

I'm looking forward to 300 as well, but, even more so to Zodiac. It's less about a seliar killer and more about obsession...how the chase for this guy consumed the lives of at least 2 people, and freaked an entire city out. It's also about how information can innundate us and overwhelm us, so it can serve as allegory for today's information age. It has gotten great reviews, and, it is Fincher.

Oh, that sounds kinda cool actually. I'm all for killing seliar too. Fucking seliar killed my dog and ate my pinky toe when I was kid.

UberBeaver said:

I have a limit, man. I gave her off to the wife. She can calm her down, and I have no friggin idea how. We both do the same shit, but the kid stops crying for her. I think the kid is still scared of me or something.

You need more days off!! I'm sooo lucky I have the job that could facilitate (<----I want to kill this word) a stay at home dad and I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy to do it - most of the time. :bow:

Thora - I've been paying more attention to OHL as I have season tix - what it your league that competes in the memorial cup - any idea?
I like an unoaked white :D

What is this 300 you all speak of :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom