The Temple Bar - Smokin' Hot and Doozerlicious!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think she's a mature kid for understanding. She's an all-star either way! :)

Wish her luck for me for tomorrow, and, hopefully, Saturday. Hope she feels better, soon. I bet she will.

No spoken words said:
I think she's a mature kid for understanding. She's an all-star either way! :)

Wish her luck for me for tomorrow, and, hopefully, Saturday. Hope she feels better, soon. I bet she will.

I think she realizes they all deserve to be an "all-star", and it had to be really tough for my husband to choose. Some of the other teams only get to pick 2 girls. Someone wanted to take one of our picks! Hell no! :mad: We have two 8th grade girls that are really tall - hubby calls them the twin towers :giggle: There's another one who's tall too, and just an all around good player, gets most of our rebounds, etc. And the 3 point guards are great and fast, so... Maybe someone won't be able to make the game, and Maddy can be called up :hyper:

And thanks for the well wishes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed
crossfingers.gif

Lila - not having met her, but having seen you both post, I'm pretty sure she knows that some things come like that unfotunately. You have given her a lot of opportunities this year, I'm sure she recognizes what's what. If not I'll tell her when I take the remote control away from her as I'm sleeping on your couch! :D

snowbunny00774 said:
Lila - not having met her, but having seen you both post, I'm pretty sure she knows that some things come like that unfotunately. You have given her a lot of opportunities this year, I'm sure she recognizes what's what. If not I'll tell her when I take the remote control away from her as I'm sleeping on your couch! :D

Yeah, she's a pretty smart kid, and has been very fortunate this past year, that's for sure (where's MY picture with Bono, huh?) :grumpy: :wink:

And you'll have to pry that remote from my dead hand woman!
tv.gif
armscrossed.gif

Make sure to bring the
wine.gif
& :corn:

:kiss:

And thanks NSW. Makes me feel like I'm doing something right :hug:

Lila64 said:

Yeah, she's a pretty smart kid, and has been very fortunate this past year, that's for sure (where's MY picture with Bono, huh?) :grumpy: :wink:

And you'll have to pry that remote from my dead hand woman!
tv.gif
armscrossed.gif

Make sure to bring the
wine.gif
& :corn:

:kiss:

And thanks NSW. Makes me feel like I'm doing something right :hug:

No thanks needed. If she were some snot nosed brat, I'd say nothing....I'm just being honest, nothing more. Lila, something hit me like a ton of bricks today, out of nowhere. I think I totally forgot to tell you a funny little story from Hawaii that occurred just before I met you guys for dinner. I thought you were waiting in front of the int'l market, not a few blocks away, as you might recall. Anyway, a woman, with a kid Maddy's age, was standing in front of the market with 2 guys and a woman. I was sure it was you and some other interlanders, so I walked up and said "Lila?" and got a very strange look, and then a not so necessary "ummmm, no". So, I was nervous enough before that went down, after that I was ready to dive into the Pacific. Amazing I called you and still met you guys. :)

No spoken words said:

I thought you were waiting in front of the int'l market, not a few blocks away, as you might recall. Anyway, a woman, with a kid Maddy's age, was standing in front of the market with 2 guys and a woman. I was sure it was you and some other interlanders, so I walked up and said "Lila?" and got a very strange look, and then a not so necessary "ummmm, no". So, I was nervous enough before that went down, after that I was ready to dive into the Pacific. Amazing I called you and still met you guys. :)

:cute:

Lila - You better believe I'll bring the wine :D

You guys remind me very much of my own mom and myself at that age. She is a VERY lucky girl :yes:

Although it's nice being able to talk about my lack of things when she's not here :shh: *this should be a footnote but I hit the wrong reply thing so it's not.

No spoken words said:

No thanks needed. If she were some snot nosed brat, I'd say nothing....I'm just being honest, nothing more. Lila, something hit me like a ton of bricks today, out of nowhere. I think I totally forgot to tell you a funny little story from Hawaii that occurred just before I met you guys for dinner. I thought you were waiting in front of the int'l market, not a few blocks away, as you might recall. Anyway, a woman, with a kid Maddy's age, was standing in front of the market with 2 guys and a woman. I was sure it was you and some other interlanders, so I walked up and said "Lila?" and got a very strange look, and then a not so necessary "ummmm, no". So, I was nervous enough before that went down, after that I was ready to dive into the Pacific. Amazing I called you and still met you guys. :)

You never told me that story, LOL. I think the international market was several blocks long, wasn't it? I don't think I ever made it that far. And we were all standing together looking all around and yakking. And it was hard to hear anything on the cell phone. And I have no idea why you'd be nervous, but then again... maybe I do. I'm REALLY glad you came to meet us. It was something on my list of things to do in Hawaii, and I'm glad we did :hug: Maybe it will make other Interference meetings easier for you. I'm just jealous of all of you going to NY!!! :(
Wish it were me. I'll just be here, posting away, waiting for the next medical test, etc. :sigh:

snowbunny00774 said:

You guys remind me very much of my own mom and myself at that age. She is a VERY lucky girl :yes:

Although it's nice being able to talk about my lack of things when she's not here :shh: *this should be a footnote but I hit the wrong reply thing so it's not.

ETA: we didn't have the internet, or cool bands in common (c'mon, Englebert Humperdink WTF), but otherwise, it's pretty similar!!

She took me to see Michael Jackson and lined up all night to get me George Michael tix - which the bastard cancelled because he needed vocal chord surgery!!

snowbunny00774 said:

Yeah, she understands it's an "adult" thread AND a bar, so...
bar.jpg
, and everyone just wants to be comfortable and talk, flirt, bullshit, whatever without worrying about a kid wandering it. No worries.

Maybe you'll need this for later
why.gif
:wink:

Lila64 said:

Maybe it will make other Interference meetings easier for you. I'm just jealous of all of you going to NY!!! :(

You should be :nahnahnanahnah:

:wink:

No spoken words said:
Time to split. Lila, Snow, enjoy the remainder of the evening and have a good day tomorrow.

:)

goodnight :wave:

Goodnight NSW, sleep well :hug:

Engelbert? :yikes:
Did I ever mention my dad had to take me to see Earth Wind & Fire at the Forum when I was 14? :lol: My friend from the record store was supposed to attend, but she hadn't gotten back from her trip down south. But other than that, the folks are not musically knowledgeable. Mom didn't recognize Bono from the pic of Maddy & Bono, but my Dad kinda did, as did my mother-in-law :giggle:

Lila64 said:
Goodnight NSW, sleep well :hug:

Engelbert? :yikes:
Did I ever mention my dad had to take me to see Earth Wind & Fire at the Forum when I was 14? :lol: My friend from the record store was supposed to attend, but she hadn't gotten back from her trip down south. But other than that, the folks are not musically knowledgeable. Mom didn't recognize Bono from the pic of Maddy & Bono, but my Dad kinda did, as did my mother-in-law :giggle:
LOL!!

I just heard a huge thump outside my window and now I can hear drops :sad:

At least I know it's not a whole tree worth like last time. I'm afraid to look :scared:

Yes, my mom said that girls liked either Tom Jones or Engelbert, and she was an Engelbert girl :crazy:

Funny though, I've grown up to be a Tom girl and have made her come with me twice to see him so it looks like I'm taking my mother and doing it out of the goodness of my heart!

That's funny about your mom & Bono :giggle:

Another loud thump outside - I'll be right back :yikes:

I'd prefer Tom Jones too. Seems like he's much cooler. And he can do things with current songs, like Prince,... to each his/her own.

What is the thump sounds? Rain? Snow?
Ack.gif

hurry back! And you have a PM! :shh:

Lila64 said:
I'd prefer Tom Jones too. Seems like he's much cooler. And he can do things with current songs, like Prince,... to each his/her own.

What is the thump sounds? Rain? Snow?
Ack.gif

hurry back! And you have a PM! :shh:

Yeah - Tom is preatty fabulous :guiltypleasure:

Great smiley!!

I'm not sure what it was - I think it was a tree limb hitting just below the window frame - a smaller limb than before :thankGod:

:pray:

I had a shitload of smilies saved up in a Word file on the other computer. Maddy's been using them lately, since she uses that computer. So I emailed myself the list so I can have access here.
3.gif

I had saved them up so I'd have them ready at will during the setlist party days, you know, back when U2 were on tour :happy:

Do you ever sleep?

Lila64 said:
:pray:

I had a shitload of smilies saved up in a Word file on the other computer. Maddy's been using them lately, since she uses that computer. So I emailed myself the list so I can have access here.
3.gif

I had saved them up so I'd have them ready at will during the setlist party days, you know, back when U2 were on tour :happy:

Do you ever sleep?

That rubbing hands one is cool!!

I remember the setlist parties :goodtimes:

I do sleep (in small doses) In fact I'm heading off to bed now. I'm in at 1pm tmw and just working from home in the AM :drool:

Goodnight!

Goodnight snowbunny - sweet dreams! (and you have a PM)

I need to find a snack or something so I can take the rest of my medicine tonight

:wave:

Beav - :cute: sig, absoultely love it

Snow - girl I hope you have furry bunny slippers you wear when you work from home. I don't know why that thought jumped into my mind when it did, but there you go

nsw - be gentle if you do have to fire someone, well unless you hate them, then go nuts :evil:

Reg must've missed me last night, so no sexytime last night :awww:

There was an alter running around here for a bit? :hmm:

Kat, hope the law library was fun :nerd:

Lila - my mom gets the U2 thing, but she doesn't, when they came to town I knew someone who had an extra ticket and she was *this* close to going, but didn't go :wtf: Later when I burned her a copy of the show she was kicking herself for not going. I told her I'd even sacrifice not doing GA (what am I thinking :yikes: ) next time so we can go together. She said she wants to see the big deal. I did take her to see Kiss and Aerrosmith a few summers ago cause she's always had a thing for Joe Perry :lol: Moms :rolleyes: :heart:

My stomach is eating itself. I'm thinking the fast is over.

I need to try and get back to sleep but my throat is killing me. :crack:

:yawn:

The bar is serving hot tea with rum if you need. Hope you can get back to sleep and feel better :hug:

There's no parental unit that would ever go to a concert. There was just no one else to take me when I was 14, so dad stepped up to the plate. This is (OMG) almost 30 years ago. Damn I feel old. Hold me :sad:

I ate dinner around 7:30 and then had medicine with it. Needed another dose before bed, with food, so I microwaved a frozen pretzel and downed the rest of the meds. Hope they help me sleep tonight. I have no problem falling asleep & staying asleep. It's just when you have a sore on your leg the size of a half-dollar, you want to :killintheface: This is the best I got tonite
cursing.gif

BedTired029.gif

Damn, yeah that would pretty much suck. :slant:

My dad took my best friend and I to our first U2 show back in 1992 - I was 14. He took us to our seats and then took off. :lol:

Hot tea and rum :drool: I should make myself some now. I've got twenty kinds of rum, but I'll go with the Captain.

If I don't get some sleep soon, though, I am going to be shit at work later. I wish I could take the day off, but I can't.

:wave: for now. Get some sleep!

Lila64 said:

Hubby had to pick 3 of his girls to be on the all-star team. Problem is that 6 of them deserve it, including Maddy of course. Some of the girls couldn't make the practices because they were on their school team, and practice times collided. So he ruled a couple of them out based on that. He wanted to include Maddy of course, but I think in the scheme of things, he had to put her as #4 on the list. :sad: She was on the team last year. She understood. I hope she doesn't feel too bad. She said she'll still go and watch, of course. I don't want to find out in 20 years that it scarred her for life! :|

My father used to coach my basketball team. I was a starter for a while, and then better kids came and I got pushed onto the bench. I chopped up my father and buried him in the yard. At times, when the wind blows just right, i swear I can his miserable cries and I laugh, oh how I laugh.

Actually, it was fine. It's not a life scarring thing at all. If she's bothered by it all she;ll be over it quick, but she doesn't seem like the type that would let it get to her.

Back
Top Bottom