The Temple Bar - Smokin' Hot and Doozerlicious!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:

We're corporate, but, we don't speak that way or even close. Nobody I deal with in my business does, either. However, my friends in NYC that work at Goldman Sachs or Solomon, etc, they talk like that. A lot. Sadly.

ETA - Worth noting that we're corporate, but it is the TV business and not Wall Street, and perhaps that contributes to it.

I think in my company there's a lot of dipshits and talking like a fuckwad makes them feel like they're not really the useless shitmonkeys that they know they truly are.

I probably don't sell what you'd normally be buying, but I could get all kinds of stuff. You can PM me requests if you'd like :shifty:

LOL @ Beav and Lila :cute:

Sig looks amazing :applaud:

Lila - I'd buy your seashells :flirt:

My company is a mix so lots of that talk but mostly at management level.

Yeah - I was actually getting made fun of at lunch about my :nerd:iness when it comes to entirely random stuff. My management team is having a small offsite and I suggested a pub quiz. The only people who agreed have just started :grumpy:
For some reason I get smarter random fact wise as I get more intoxicated. It must loosen up the knowledge filing cabinet drawers in my head or something :hmm:

UberBeaver said:

if you sell like CDs and stuff, send me the website or whatever you use. I'm looking to buy a couple of CDs. I'd rather send the money to you than to the big company's. I hate that there's no more record stores.

Me too - I'm pretty weird so I might be buying it :shrug:

snowbunny00774 said:
LOL @ Beav and Lila :cute:

Sig looks amazing :applaud:

Lila - I'd buy your seashells :flirt:

My company is a mix so lots of that talk but mostly at management level.

Yeah - I was actually getting made fun of at lunch about my :nerd:iness when it comes to entirely random stuff. My management team is having a small offsite and I suggested a pub quiz. The only people who agreed have just started :grumpy:
For some reason I get smarter random fact wise as I get more intoxicated. It must loosen up the knowledge filing cabinet drawers in my head or something :hmm:

Before the pub quiz you have to see the BBC Office episode with the pub quiz. "He's thrown a tea kettle over a building. What 'ave you ever done?"

I also get smarter as I drink. I think it just open up, like, uh, ventricles in the brain that free the synapses to relay the information better more good like.

:shifty: I can get Bowie of course. Just not something I'd normally sell.

Will the seashells snow selects sit stacked upon my sofa while she slums in So.Calif. in the sunshine?

Anyone wanting to contribute money to me, feel free to PM :flirt:

Oh and Beav, the bill for the signature will be in the mail.

UberBeaver said:

if you sell like CDs and stuff, send me the website or whatever you use. I'm looking to buy a couple of CDs. I'd rather send the money to you than to the big company's. I hate that there's no more record stores.

I miss record shopping.

I still shop for books in the store, though, as opposed to ordering online, unless there is just one title at that moment that I know I want.

Beav, some of the finance guys talk a little more like your stereotypical corporate type, but, that's to be expected. The business development guys, too, now that I think on it.

UberBeaver said:

Before the pub quiz you have to see the BBC Office episode with the pub quiz. "He's thrown a tea kettle over a building. What 'ave you ever done?"

I also get smarter as I drink. I think it just open up, like, uh, ventricles in the brain that free the synapses to relay the information better more good like.

G-d bless any BBC office episode that ventures to the pub. I told you this before, but the friggin look on Gareth's face as he is riding in the side car of the morotcycle was so brilliantly perfect. I'm cracking up now remembering it. I hope Kat and LMPA appreciated the show.

snowbunny00774 said:

Me too - I'm pretty weird so I might be buying it :shrug:

define "it". Did you leave out half the conversation? I do that a lot. I have a conversation in my head, but I'll speak the last part aloud. Which is good cause people don't think I'm strange enough as it is.

Beav, I noticed a new post from you in the limerick/haiku thread the other day, so I went in there and posted, too....but, I read back a bit and saw my reference to your sister. Is she happy to be an Aunt? Is she still stalking Reg? Is she still crazy after all these years?

No spoken words said:

G-d bless any BBC office episode that ventures to the pub. I told you this before, but the friggin look on Gareth's face as he is riding in the side car of the morotcycle was so brilliantly perfect. I'm cracking up now remembering it. I hope Kat and LMPA appreciated the show.

Yeah, and what's funny is I didn't realize who was driving until probably the 3rd time I watched it. I love that it gets funnier every time. I finished Extras Season1 today. Now I need to watch it again. I have a huge crush on Maggie. :cute:

I have yet to rewatch any office episode. I keep delaying the pleasure, but, need to watch soon. I love how when I rewatch Arrested Development, I notice or hear things I missed the first time....I'm sure the Office will be the same way.

Isn't the girl that wanted to have the threesome with Gareth driving? Her or her boyfriend?

No spoken words said:
Beav, I noticed a new post from you in the limerick/haiku thread the other day, so I went in there and posted, too....but, I read back a bit and saw my reference to your sister. Is she happy to be an Aunt? Is she still stalking Reg? Is she still crazy after all these years?

She enjoys being an aunt, yes. Her daughter is not too thrilled about being a cousin though. HAHA, owned! I'm sure everything will work out just fine though.

She's no longer stalking Reg. I think the airfare got to be too much. But she's still not right, that's for sure.

No spoken words said:
I have yet to rewatch any office episode. I keep delaying the pleasure, but, need to watch soon. I love how when I rewatch Arrested Development, I notice or hear things I missed the first time....I'm sure the Office will be the same way.

Isn't the girl that wanted to have the threesome with Gareth driving? Her or her boyfriend?

I think the boyfriend is driving and the girl is behind him. I always assumed Gareth was just leaving with a friend or something, then I think during the commentary version I realized it was that chick.

UberBeaver said:

I will make sure we watch it.

Rest of post :heart:

UberBeaver said:

define "it". Did you leave out half the conversation? I do that a lot. I have a conversation in my head, but I'll speak the last part aloud. Which is good cause people don't think I'm strange enough as it is.

I randomly select the outloud parts from the start, middle, and end!

I meant "it " as in whatever Lila might be selling :shifty:

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:

I think the boyfriend is driving and the girl is behind him. I always assumed Gareth was just leaving with a friend or something, then I think during the commentary version I realized it was that chick.

Well, I cheated with that the first time. The look on his face, and the way you cannot see his face until the last second just fucking cracked me up, so I rewatched that part a few times, back and forth....and then eventually noticed who was actually driving the cycle.

Sleep well Beav.

You were still here Thora :wink:

d010.gif

:wink:

Yes, her semi-final is tomorrow evening. If they win, they move to the finals on Saturday. She's been home with a cold today and yesterday. Hopefully she's feeling better tomorrow.

Hubby had to pick 3 of his girls to be on the all-star team. Problem is that 6 of them deserve it, including Maddy of course. Some of the girls couldn't make the practices because they were on their school team, and practice times collided. So he ruled a couple of them out based on that. He wanted to include Maddy of course, but I think in the scheme of things, he had to put her as #4 on the list. :sad: She was on the team last year. She understood. I hope she doesn't feel too bad. She said she'll still go and watch, of course. I don't want to find out in 20 years that it scarred her for life! :|

Back
Top Bottom