The Temple Bar - Smokin' Hot and Doozerlicious!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:

OMG - I think the emu should be retired for this :love: :heart:

It's an ostrich. :angry: and that's a really good idea. But the ostrich makes me laugh in a very different kind of way. Dammit, I need two. Kat - she doesn't have a profile pic, right? Maybe she can host the ostrich for me, that way I can still access both. :D <--- Genius.

snowbunny00774 said:

Not sure if actually quoting you will make you run but I'll leave again afterwards.

Welcome to the first two weeks of November for me. Between Nov 1 and Jan 15 = 7 peeps.

and people wonder why I implode every few weeks when I go out.

Nightmares.

I hate it. Have had to do it a few times and it really gets no easier. But, sometimes it's necessary, and this is one of those times, unless the person can tell what's up and quits first.

I'm not running.

UberBeaver said:

Thanks, I'm hoping the same.

Here's my favorite picture. She looks like an alien, but it makes me laugh everytime.

SienaProfound.jpg

:lol: :cute: That's such an awesome picture! Definitely worthy of being in your profile.

UberBeaver said:

It's an ostrich. :angry: and that's a really good idea. But the ostrich makes me laugh in a very different kind of way. Dammit, I need two. Kat - she doesn't have a profile pic, right? Maybe she can host the ostrich for me, that way I can still access both. :D <--- Genius.

I had actually typed ostrich, and then I thought "hmm, maybe ostriches have colour, I think emus are the all brown ones, I should change it so I don't look like an uneducated fool".

DENIED.

Good idea about the profile pic - if Kat doesn't do it I will :yes:

No spoken words said:
I might have to fire someone next week.

Does he deserve it? I think if someone deserved it, I'd somewhat enjoy it. I would dress up like Conan and say,
"Do you know why we fire people?" "Because you are greedy mongers of hate?"
"No, to crush my enemies, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

snowbunny00774 said:

I had actually typed ostrich, and then I thought "hmm, maybe ostriches have colour, I think emus are the all brown ones, I should change it so I don't look like an uneducated fool".

DENIED.

Good idea about the profile pic - if Kat doesn't do it I will :yes:

1 - you're not allowed to change your profile picture. :D

2 - Dammit, I thought an emu was like a llama. I do have an emu in my profile.

UberBeaver said:

Does he deserve it? I think if someone deserved it, I'd somewhat enjoy it. I would dress up like Conan and say,
"Do you know why we fire people?" "Because you are greedy mongers of hate?"
"No, to crush my enemies, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

He deserves it, but, this is not a bad person, just someone whose level of competency does not match the job requirements.

It's not really an enjoyable thing, this person has a family and I'm dreading doing this.

snowbunny00774 said:

What changed :angry:

I pmd you the rest of the post - not a lot but having been paranoid earlier in the day decided it was better to not post it.

You're angry that I'm staying in here while you're here? Now I really will avoid you!!!

:)

PM'd who?

No spoken words said:

He deserves it, but, this is not a bad person, just someone whose level of competency does not match the job requirements.

It's not really an enjoyable thing, this person has a family and I'm dreading doing this.

Well, then I guess there's no need to crush and hear his women lament. Sorry man, it must suck. Good luck. You think he knows it's coming?

No spoken words said:

Is this someone that can be relocated within the company, or is this all connected to the budget issue? :shrug:

The Beavette is adorable :cute: Why not resize her and make her pic your signature? Sleep on it.

Snow - you can stay, you just better be prepared to help me with my work and increase sales, ok? We have a sleeper sofa in the living room. And a couch. Take your pick.

UberBeaver said:

Well, then I guess there's no need to crush and hear his women lament. Sorry man, it must suck. Good luck. You think he knows it's coming?

He's not a total idiot, so, possibly. He's been warned, both verbally and on paper, so, this should not shock him, per se. My demeanor towards him has hopefully not changed. Eh. I'll shut up about it, just needed to vent it to people that I don't see or talk to regularly, not sure why. Sorry.

ETA - Lila, this is independent of the budget issue. Those issues will be resolved in other ways, the $$$ in play here is vast, but, the problems can be offset with other cuts, luckily, to things like programming and production. Blah blah blah.

UberBeaver said:

1 - you're not allowed to change your profile picture. :D

2 - Dammit, I thought an emu was like a llama. I do have an emu in my profile.

LOL seriously - do me out of a mouthful of wine like that again and you're dead!

Emus like Llamas : pffft:

regarding the pic - okay. *note to self

Lila64 said:

The Beavette is adorable :cute: Why not resize her and make her pic your signature? Sleep on it.

Snow - you can stay, you just better be prepared to help me with my work and increase sales, ok? We have a sleeper sofa in the living room. And a couch. Take your pick.

Uhhh, I don't know how to resize pictures. I can zoom! But I don't think that'll help any.

What do you sell?

Lila64 said:

Snow - you can stay, you just better be prepared to help me with my work and increase sales, ok? B]

I thought you told me to leave work more often:huh:

:wink:

I'm a couch person - v. low maintenance!! You'll be soooo sorry you said I could stay :evil:

Beav - really - is it an emu - I wasn't sure when I made the post about the emu/ostrich thing it's just something I had filed in my brain about the colour - I actually though I was wrong :shrug:

No spoken words said:

ETA - Lila, this is independent of the budget issue. Those issues will be resolved in other ways, the $$$ in play here is vast, but, the problems can be offset with other cuts, luckily, to things like programming and production. Blah blah blah.

Have you guys level set? You really need to have a deep dive before you put this into spin. Reduce churn, man. All that swirl is just gonna cause you guys to run ashore.

snowbunny00774 said:

I thought you told me to leave work more often:huh:

:wink:

I'm a couch person - v. low maintenance!! You'll be soooo sorry you said I could stay :evil:

Beav - really - is it an emu - I wasn't sure when I made the post about the emu/ostrich thing it's just something I had filed in my brain about the colour - I actually though I was wrong :shrug:

Well, I work from home, so... I wish I got out more often, LOL.
We are a batch of couch potatoes here, so you'll have to fight us for the remote control Snow!

Beav - I sell seashells by the seashore.

NOT.

I sell.... music by mail :shifty: :shh:

UberBeaver said:

Have you guys level set? You really need to have a deep dive before you put this into spin. Reduce churn, man. All that swirl is just gonna cause you guys to run ashore.

Believe it or not, nobody really talks like that at my job, not even at the Sr. management level. Thankfully.

snowbunny00774 said:

there's a link to it. Far right says "emu", so you're right. That sort of knowledge is freakish, by the way. :nerd:

http://www.kostuemverleih-bayreuth.de/ebay_h/emu.jpg

No spoken words said:

Believe it or not, nobody really talks like that at my job, not even at the Sr. management level. Thankfully.

Really? I thought all corporations had it ingrained in their culture. I have people the same level as me (low man on totem pole) that talk this shit all goddamn day. It's rather comical, but annoying.

UberBeaver said:

Really? I thought all corporations had it ingrained in their culture. I have people the same level as me (low man on totem pole) that talk this shit all goddamn day. It's rather comical, but annoying.

We're corporate, but, we don't speak that way or even close. Nobody I deal with in my business does, either. However, my friends in NYC that work at Goldman Sachs or Solomon, etc, they talk like that. A lot. Sadly.

ETA - Worth noting that we're corporate, but it is the TV business and not Wall Street, and perhaps that contributes to it.

Last edited:
Beav - the size was for your SIGNATURE, not your avatar. You want Siena as the signature or av? Make up your mind!

Men :der:

:kiss:

you need to use the link with the image tages "

Back
Top Bottom