The Temple Bar - SF Here We Come...UYFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've always wanted those ones they have at Sears that's a combo of a radio cd player turntable and tape deck

Zoot, I saw one on Radio Shack for $69.

I remember what the problem is with mine. My home theatre system had the dvd and receiver in one. That dvd player crapped out, so I got a DVR. Still using the receiver, though. So, in order to have them both plugged in, there aren't enough inputs for the turntable, too. And it's SO inconvenient to get back there and switch things around. :(

Ugh, all this talk of records reminds me that sitting in my high school band room is a record for The Who's Tommy, just sitting there, and I begged my band director to let me have it, and he wouldn't :sad:

bono_212 said:
Ugh, all this talk of records reminds me that sitting in my high school band room is a record for The Who's Tommy, just sitting there, and I begged my band director to let me have it, and he wouldn't :sad:

:lol: Sarah was close to her music teacher/band leader, so he let her take Pink Floyd's Relics home from the band room. She hasn't returned it yet. :shh:

VintagePunk said:
I remember what the problem is with mine. My home theatre system had the dvd and receiver in one. That dvd player crapped out, so I got a DVR. Still using the receiver, though. So, in order to have them both plugged in, there aren't enough inputs for the turntable, too. And it's SO inconvenient to get back there and switch things around. :(

Ugh that sucks! See, that's why I would rather get a record player with it's own speaker than a turntable that has to be plugged in to one.

300 to 400? Holy crap! That's a lot of records! I don't think I even have that many CDs! I have about 3 to 4 records. :lol:

Ashley, why won't they give it to you?? I guess they're using it obviously. :hug:

Zootlesque said:

Ugh that sucks! See, that's why I would rather get a record player with it's own speaker than a turntable that has to be plugged in to one.

300 to 400? Holy crap! That's a lot of records! I don't think I even have that many CDs! I have about 3 to 4 records. :lol:

Ashley, why won't they give it to you?? I guess they're using it obviously. :hug:

My brother is 14 yrs older than me, and I inherited a bunch of his old albums, I have several Beatles original issues :drool: from him. Then, I got into music very young, and pretty much from the time I was 7 or 8, I was saving my allowance and buying albums almost weekly. Then when cassettes came out, I hated them, so I bought albums instead, wherever possible.

They're NOT using it, it's just sitting there getting dusty (literally)

And I was really close with my band director to, the guy who won't let me have it is the assistant band director who replaced the director I was close with, the director I was close with would've let me have it in a heartbeat

VintagePunk said:
Then when cassettes came out, I hated them, so I bought albums instead, wherever possible.

:lol: I grew up on cassettes. Started buying CDs only in 2000 when I got here to the States.

Cassettes have their problems but still good for nostalgia value. :drool:

bono_212 said:
They're NOT using it, it's just sitting there getting dusty (literally)

And I was really close with my band director to, the guy who won't let me have it is the assistant band director who replaced the director I was close with, the director I was close with would've let me have it in a heartbeat

That's weird, practically the same thing happened with Sarah. :lol: The head of the department, who everyone adored, left last summer to take a position at a different school, and while his replacement is okay, he's really young and inexperienced. Sarah spent the first semester of this past year as the head of the music committee, trying to help him learn how to run the department, and organizing things for him. Not sure what's going to happen this year, since she's not coming back. I hope it survives.

Same here. CD is my fav medium! I still don't have an Ipod partly cos I like CDs so much. As for scratching, isn't it easy to scratch up a record too? Maybe not as easy.

Zootlesque said:
Same here. CD is my fav medium! I still don't have an Ipod partly cos I like CDs so much. As for scratching, isn't it easy to scratch up a record too? Maybe not as easy.

Records are very easy to scratch, easier than cds, and cds are easier to repair. You have to treat them with kid gloves, but they sound so much richer than cds.

Yeah that whole band director scenario is pretty much the EXACT same thing that happened with us....I'm so glad I"m not in high school anymore

Okay, I'm just listening to The Flaming Lips doing (Just Like) Starting Over from Instant Karma, and it's pissing me off, and now I need to hear the original, which means hooking up my turntable. :scream:

bono_212 said:
Yeah that whole band director scenario is pretty much the EXACT same thing that happened with us....I'm so glad I"m not in high school anymore

She stayed in high school for an extra year because she was in a program for gifted students, and there were so many required courses with the program that there were a bunch of others she wanted that she could never fit into her schedule, so, she got to take those last year. She's off to university in Sept.

That's pretty cool. My high school was spiraling out of control, our superintendent is an idiot. I got out of there just in time

bono_212 said:
That's pretty cool. My high school was spiraling out of control, our superintendent is an idiot. I got out of there just in time

Holy shit, parallel existences? :crazy: There's this whole huge controversy attached to her school re: the condition of the building, rebuilding it on the current site (which the vast majority of the public, the politicians, and the students want), or building a totally new school on a different site (which the school board wants). It's been ongoing for a few years, but came to a head earlier this year, and the students held a massive walk-out for several days.

VintagePunk said:

Holy shit, parallel existences? :crazy: There's this whole huge controversy attached to her school re: the condition of the building, rebuilding it on the current site (which the vast majority of the public, the politicians, and the students want), or building a totally new school on a different site (which the school board wants). It's been ongoing for a few years, but came to a head earlier this year, and the students held a massive walk-out for several days.

:lmao: there was totally a walk-out, but it only lasted one day. The problem with our school is that the superintendent is wasting money on stupid projects, and he's firing a bunch of really good teachers. It's one big controversy after another, resulting in most of the school board being replaced. It's super headache inducing that's for sure

No I saw a different one that's more like a complete stereo boombox + record player. See link a few posts back.

But I'm looking for something like what you posted or something I posted in my last post. All I need is a record player and maybe cassette deck. Don't need 3 CD changer and all that fancy jazz with it.

fancy jazz :drool:

I've been asking for that record player for at least the last three birthday/Christmas'

OmG I just got an e-mail that went to my INBOX! from:

FIND A F***BUDDY!

except it wasn't censored, the word was most def. spelled out

Back
Top Bottom