The Temple Bar: Screw the Superbowl, We've Got All The Action In Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aww I'm sorry to hear your kids are sick, Reg. I hope they feel better soon. Seems likes there's a bad flu going around everywhere lately.

NSW, they passed me by unfortch. Lack of experiance likely. Oh well. The job search continues :wink:

No spoken words said:
RB, I'm pretty good, thanks for asking....hope you are, too. Did you ever hear back about the job you were going after?

Reg, both kids are sick???

Yeah, but son's fighting it...he wants to make it through the school year with perfect attendance...:lol:

If anyone can pull through it without having to miss a day, it'll be him. Dogged determination...one day NSW, we'll be sitting in box seats at Dodger Stadium watching him pitch for the Boys in Blue...:up:

RavenBlue said:
Aww I'm sorry to hear your kids are sick, Reg. I hope they feel better soon. Seems likes there's a bad flu going around everywhere lately.

NSW, they passed me by unfortch. Lack of experiance likely. Oh well. The job search continues :wink:

Sorry to hear that RB...:hug: What line of work are you looking for? :hmm:

RavenBlue said:

Sorry to hear that. Good luck as your search continues!

Reg, is your son a lefty???

Oh I only wish...he's a righty. He's only 10, but he throws as hard as most 12 y.o.'s and he's got impeccable control. In one game last year, in 2 innings, he struck out 5, threw 25 pitches, 21 strikes...4 called strike outs. Got the save like Gagne, and pumped his fist after he blew the last guy away!!!

He's moving up to majors this year, so it'll be interesting...:yes:

RavenBlue said:
I'll take just about anything Reg. Hopefully someone will give me a chance ;)

What Reg said. It's a nutty world. :) It is kind of funny how I associate people with their avatars....so, RB, you're a friggin squirrel in my head. Nice.

Reg, sounds like you've got a budding prodigy there...the impeccable control is what's probably most impressive to me at his age....don't let him toss too many curves!

NO curveballs...I'm old school...fastballs and changeups...and he hates to throw a changeup. Hell his heats so good it never matters anyhow...and to tell the truth I called a couple of changeups last year and they got hammered. He was so pissed at me, he refused to let me call anymore pitches for him...even though I was the designated pitching coach...:lol:

He's a tough hombre on the mound!

He sounds like it. My Dad taught me a change up before any other pitch....and, if you can manage to thorw a decent one, it's devastating. I still think those are the 2 best pitches to have, at any level, if you can locate them. Just ask Maddux or Johan Santana or Pedro. Trevor Hoffman too. A good change is devastating.

I love when I go back to NY in the spring and watch the children of my old friends play little league....really fun to watch. Fun out here, too, but since I actually played LL with the Dad's of these kids, it's more impactful when watching back home.

No spoken words said:
He sounds like it. My Dad taught me a change up before any other pitch....and, if you can manage to thorw a decent one, it's devastating. I still think those are the 2 best pitches to have, at any level, if you can locate them. Just ask Maddux or Johan Santana or Pedro. Trevor Hoffman too. A good change is devastating.

I love when I go back to NY in the spring and watch the children of my old friends play little league....really fun to watch. Fun out here, too, but since I actually played LL with the Dad's of these kids, it's more impactful when watching back home.

My son has huge hands and feet for his age and size, so when's physically mature enough to throw a curveball, it's going to be a killer. He can throw sweet one now...but we only throw 2 a session if we throw any. But he doesn't need to throw any breaking pitches, 'cos he throws a two-seamer, a four-seamer and a cut fastball. Now whether he really mixes his fastballs up in a game is debatable, but he can throw them all for strikes. However if he's cruising he'll go with what's working for him and throw nothing else. This year he moves up with the big boys, so it'll be interesting to see how he does.

Hey guys! :wave:

Was watching parts of Vertigo Chicago tonight after ages and realized that I never really paid too much attention before to the "classics" mid-section SBS, BTBS, RTSS, Pride, Streets, One. Pretty good although slow and dragging in parts.

:drool: :wink:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

My son has huge hands and feet for his age and size, so when's physically mature enough to throw a curveball, it's going to be a killer. He can throw sweet one now...but we only throw 2 a session if we throw any. But he doesn't need to throw any breaking pitches, 'cos he throws a two-seamer, a four-seamer and a cut fastball. Now whether he really mixes his fastballs up in a game is debatable, but he can throw them all for strikes. However if he's cruising he'll go with what's working for him and throw nothing else. This year he moves up with the big boys, so it'll be interesting to see how he does.

You need to keep me updated on how things go with him moving up a level. He sounds like Maddux, this kid, with the 3 fastballs and the change....that's really all Maddux ever used.

RB, good night, and, Reg, I'm out, too, so goodnight to you, too.

Zootlesque said:

Was watching parts of Vertigo Chicago tonight after ages and realized that I never really paid too much attention before to the "classics" mid-section SBS, BTBS, RTSS, Pride, Streets, One. Pretty good although slow and dragging in parts.

'Night NSW!!

Zoots, this DVD is beautifully filmed, but is not the best performance I've seen...the Slane DVD is the best so far. However the sound and picture are :drool:

RTSS sounded kinda odd during the last tour...I dunno why :shrug:

Zootlesque said:

I have not watched that for a while now. RTSS is probably my favorite of that bunch, or, at least, my favorite of that bunch from that show. SBS is a song that I dearly love, but, now, live, it's like glorified karaoke to me....I put Rattle & Hum on sometimes and watch that SBS and I'm like "Man, I wish they played the song with that power now", though, to be fair, they were extra emotional during that rendition due to the bombings and such.

Streets will never bore me, ever.

ETA - Reg, it's hard for me to leave the thread if actual U2 talk is gonna go down. :)

No spoken words said:
RTSS is probably my favorite of that bunch, or, at least, my favorite of that bunch from that show.

:yes: RTSS is my favorite of that bunch too! Beautiful rendition coming close to Zoo TV or any other good version. BTBS was pretty weak. Streets was not bad but the lights should've been brighter for God's sake! :tsk:

G'night to whoever's leaving. :wave:

Hi Thora if you're still here.

Back
Top Bottom