The Temple Bar - Remaster This UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:
Wow, I missed the part where we bitched about pretension and movies?

Movies are made in people's backyards with puppets and Sony video cameras. We talk about "film" which are made in the minds of artists and appreciate by those of us that can understand. Example: Anything staring your neice, Seth Rogan or an animal = movie. Anything staring an "actor" = "film". Movies are directed by people like you, your nephew or Johnny Knoxville. Films are directed by Kubrick, Anderson, the Coen Brothers. :tsk:

I'm tempted to go in and review high art films with really low ratings, and then praise any film that really, really sucks.

No Country For Old Men? Sucks balls.

Daddy Day Care? Battlefield Earth? Ernest Has a Hernia? The epitome of perfection in film.

UberBeaver said:

Movies are made in people's backyards with puppets and Sony video cameras. We talk about "film" which are made in the minds of artists and appreciate by those of us that can understand. Example: Anything staring your neice, Seth Rogan or an animal = movie. Anything staring an "actor" = "film". Movies are directed by people like you, your nephew or Johnny Knoxville. Films are directed by Kubrick, Anderson, the Coen Brothers. :tsk:

:sad: You're my hero Beav...

corianderstem said:
I'm tempted to go in and review high art films with really low ratings, and then praise any film that really, really sucks.

No Country For Old Men? Sucks balls.

Daddy Day Care? Battlefield Earth? Ernest Has a Hernia? The epitome of perfection in film.

I would pay good money to see that... :drool:

Say things like, "I didn't understand this movie. I think it's brilliant. I bet that plant in the corner is a metaphor for something. I think it's awesome. Genius. What language was it in? Did the actors just make it up? That's art. I cried a lot. It must be a good movie. I was even tempted to turn it off, probably because I was so moved. I'm not sure. That's how good this movie is. I got absolutley nothing from it. And I will never watch it again because I don't want to lose that vision. 10/10."

Ha ha haaaaaaaaaa!

One of the offenders, I used to think he was a decent sort. Now he just seems all humorless and easily irritable. What's up with that?

don't forget your handy dandy:

peak-flow-meter-picture.jpg

She'll likely want to know who the mother is. Then send you to sleep in the doghouse

/damn, had a pic of a doghouse, but it's invalid. And work. What's up with that anyway? Getting in the way of my fun

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom