The Temple Bar - RavenBlue's Classy Pub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually do too because they get stuck in the machine and I remember using pencils to try and wind them again.

It was still simpler. It unravels you get a new one. No searching for it on diff. pc's or having itunes somehow lose it :mad:

UberBeaver said:

I feel the same way. I hate anything that resembles a casette, audio or video. I don't think I even have a tape player anymore.

I think we might have one around here on an old boom box that we haven't used for a million years, but other than that, no.

Tape is just so...maddeningly delicate. And then there's the whole rewind - fast forward issue. HATE. :mad:

VP I don't even know what you just said :(

I luckily have a tape player in my car, didn't even notice it until recently but I like the tape ipod adapter :up:

redkat said:
VP I don't even know what you just said :(

I luckily have a tape player in my car, didn't even notice it until recently but I like the tape ipod adapter :up:

:lol:

Say you have a 120 gig hard drive, and it's c:/

You (or a tech) can partition it. What you would end up with, on the one physical drive, is in essence, two hard drives - say 40 gig would remain c: and the other 80 would now be called d:/

You install your programs, etc, to c, and save all your data/music to d. That way, when c inevitably crashes and needs to have windows reinstalled, all your music and data are safe. :happy:

The other option, external harddrives, are a great option for making backup copies of data/music, so that if they're lost from your internal hard drive, you always have a copy.

:nerd:

I hate tapes as well. :mad:

For my last position here I was asked to listen to a few seminars on something, but they only had them on bloody cassettes. I asked if they had them on CD's, because I don't own a tape player anymore, and would have rather uploaded it to my iPod or something. My supervisor then was all, "Oh - we don't have them on CD, you'll just have to find a tape player." WTF?!

Needless to say, I never listened to the seminar, because I don't know anyone who has a tape player, even in their cars.

/end mini-rant

VintagePunk said:

:lol:

Say you have a 120 gig hard drive, and it's c:/

You (or a tech) can partition it. What you would end up with, on the one physical drive, is in essence, two hard drives - say 40 gig would remain c: and the other 80 would now be called d:/

You install your programs, etc, to c, and save all your data/music to d. That way, when c inevitably crashes and needs to have windows reinstalled, all your music and data are safe. :happy:

The other option, external harddrives, are a great option for making backup copies of data/music, so that if they're lost from your internal hard drive, you always have a copy.

:nerd:

I'm def. partitioned then. All my music is on k my pics on j. I think i'm partitioned a lot in fact I've got something on z :huh: I didn't set it up but i've probably made a mess of it.

I would like one of those little external drives just for music :drool:

*mental note to self - make sure all my files are backed up.*

I did that several months ago, but there's still a lot that I need to back up. :yikes:

Hey Thora! I had some lectures on cassette I had to listen to, and I think I borrowed an old tape player from my mom. My school didn't switch to cds till like 2 years ago. And it's one of Canada's top universities. :huh:

Kat, externals have gotten really inexpensive. You should go for it. :up:

VintagePunk said:
Do any of you ever get an inexplicable urge to hear a specific song, and then you listen to it like 48,000 times in a row? No? Just me? Nevermind, then.

As you were. :shifty:

Yes. All the time. And lots of time I then get really sick of it and don't want to hear it for years.

UberBeaver said:

Yes. All the time. And lots of time I then get really sick of it and don't want to hear it for years.

The Mandy phenomenon. I think that's what I'll call it now.

I'm switching between two, both Bowie. Changes and Golden Years. Since last night, I've listened to them each about 30 times.

I went through a Golden Years phase after seeing A Knights Tale. Changes I've never been a huge fan of. I am, however, in a big Bowie phase. I've gotten 5 of his albums in the last month or so.

My current phase is the Pogues. Fairytale of NY, If I should Fall From Grace With God, and Turkish Song of the Damned. I just keep playing those 3.

I also feel there is no bad time for Mandy.

Weird how a song that you've heard thousands of times over the course of decades can suddenly become thebestsongeva.

I barely have any Bowie on cd. Only Ziggy Stardust. The rest is on vinyl. :(

I love vinyl. I love the way it sounds, all staticy and tinny. It's awesome.

I notice that too about songs. One day they just click. Maybe you pay attention to the lyrics, or can relate better? I dunno. But it's awesome.

Doozer61 said:
i just love getting under her skin. :D

banned.gif

That's totally it. I had no idea wtf he was saying for most of Golden Years till I looked it up last night.

We just got a new turntable a couple of years ago after my daughter was digging through my new albums. It was hooked up to my home theatre system, but since then I've gotten another dvd player/recorder, and I have no auxillery
spots left...and it's a bitch to get back there and switch them. It's a nightmare of cords and shit. :sad:

VintagePunk said:
Do any of you ever get an inexplicable urge to hear a specific song, and then you listen to it like 48,000 times in a row? No? Just me? Nevermind, then.

As you were. :shifty:

All the time. :yes: I'm hooked on a few John Mayer songs at the moment. The play count for those are extremely high. :shifty:

If you have Oh my goodness oh my guinness that would be great. Itunes doesn't have it anywhere :lol: I'm serious though

You have to listen a few times, it's an odd song at first then you can't stop listening to it. As with most it's best listened to loud.

I'm a control freak. I want to make people listen to music then control the way they listen :der:

Back
Top Bottom