The Temple Bar - Putting Staplers in Jello and Bringing Sexyback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, it's from A Clockwork Orange. That's Alex, played by Malcolm McDowell. One of my favorite movies. They would drink milk plus, or milk plus vellocet. The milk would "sharpen them up" for violence. Not a book or film for the faint of heart, though the book and film end differently.

U2Girl1978 said:
Sadly, I have to say I've never seen that movie. :reject:

Have you seen One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? That's an awesome movie. :up:

I have, yes, and it is a great film.

If you have time and are so inclined, see Clockwork. Again, very violent, but, so amazingly well done and it has decent food for thought.

snowbunny00774 said:
VP - You're so hit and miss on here!!

You know I miss you :hug:

Alright - I managed to find the myspace page - it's for a band - or couple of guys from here(London) ...They have future dates at the bar I was at on Friday, but it doesn't list past dates. I wonder if they played on Friday :hmm:

:kiss:

I'm just being all needy. ;)

Ooh, the intrigue! Was the note given in a personal or professional context, I wonder. :hmm:

My work flow was broken, guys, when I had to run to the store to get my ailing daughter some beverages for her sore throat. Damn her and her ill-timed cold. :madwife:

:forcesattentionawayfromthecrack:

HI U2G78 :wave:

Nice to see you in here.

OMG - my gf just called to say she just got back from the hospital. She dislocated her knee last night :barf:

We work together and we have to make up a story for how she did it. We're going with she slipped getting out of the shower. I made all the obligatory jokes to her about why missionary was the safest, and the most recommended by Dr's etc.etc. and she took it well, but that's gross. I feel so bad for her. I hope it heals properly. :(

VintagePunk said:

Ooh, the intrigue! Was the note given in a personal or professional context, I wonder. :hmm:

I wonder too :hmm: that's the annoying part. There were some interesting messages on my phone yesterday as well from 2.48am. People that were wondering where I was and why it was taking me so long to get there. I have no idea what they were talking about...:reject:

snowbunny00774 said:

I wonder too :hmm: that's the annoying part. There were some interesting messages on my phone yesterday as well from 2.48am. People that were wondering where I was and why it was taking me so long to get there. I have no idea what they were talking about...:reject:

That's fucking awesome. Seriously.

The haze of alcohol, and its resulting memory deficiencies. :drool:

I just realized. I haven't had a drink for a month. :ohmy: No reason, it wasn't planned. I just haven't.

:tsk: Must rectify that soon...

Though I no longer drink, I used to now and then....and once in a while it would to serious excess.....and I recall one or two situations I ended up in that I simply did not understand....could not recall how or why these things occurred. At the moment, it was a bit disconcerting...now, it just cracks me up. I miss those days a little...not a lot, but a little. :)

snowbunny00774 said:

I assume you were being sarcastic, and it's well deserved.

I had been so good till then too :(

Sarcasm? Me? :)

I am trying to look at it lightly, but, of course in reality it's not good to completely forget an evening of your life.

No spoken words said:

Sarcasm? Me? :)

I am trying to look at it lightly, but, of course in reality it's not good to completely forget an evening of your life.

I have large gaps in my memory. I have tickets stubs to shows I swear I've never been to, but people tell me I was there. They have pictures. I have no recollection. It's all very disconcerting. I really hope the part of me I can't recall is wicked awesomely cool, but being as how one of the shows I don't recall is Bon Jovi, I don't have much hope. How much does it suck to have multiple personalities and both are lame? That'd be my luck. Split personalities, both exactly the same.

Last edited:
snowbunny00774 said:
HI U2G78 :wave:

Nice to see you in here.

OMG - my gf just called to say she just got back from the hospital. She dislocated her knee last night :barf:

We work together and we have to make up a story for how she did it. We're going with she slipped getting out of the shower. I made all the obligatory jokes to her about why missionary was the safest, and the most recommended by Dr's etc.etc. and she took it well, but that's gross. I feel so bad for her. I hope it heals properly. :(

Helloooo. :wave:

Ouch on dislocated knee. :yikes:

snowbunny00774 said:

Yes Beav - technically the alcohol should be leading to more sex, but apparently I'm doing it wrong and just ending up with random notes instead.

This makes no sense to me. I cannot comprehend women unable to get sex. I hear it happens, I am told quite often it happens, but I can only wonder how it can be. It's all so foreign....Let us no go to Canada, tis a silly place.

Last edited:
daygloeyes2 said:
NSW isn't sarcastic at all....

See?!?!?

Never.

Yeah, my drinking days were fun....and sometimes not so fun....hence my stopping a long time ago. Drunk people make me laugh, though, so I still enjoy going to bars now and then.

No spoken words said:

See?!?!?

Never.

Yeah, my drinking days were fun....and sometimes not so fun....hence my stopping a long time ago. Drunk people make me laugh, though, so I still enjoy going to bars now and then.

I used to drink just to get drunk. One time I went overboard that I passed out and had to be rushed to the hospital. On my birthday. My friends were not pleased at all. :uhoh:

I'm not really into drinking that much. And I have to be careful about my alcohol intake due to my diabetes.

The night of my 21st b-day though, all bets are off. :drunk:

daygloeyes2 said:
I'm not really into drinking that much. And I have to be careful about my alcohol intake due to my diabetes.

The night of my 21st b-day though, all bets are off. :drunk:

Yeah....not drinking anymore was a choice....but not, it's not even an option for me due to health reasons.

Can't pretend like I miss it much....just a little now and then, like now. :)

UberBeaver said:

This makes no sense to me. I cannot comprehend women unable to get sex. I hear it happens, I am told quite often it happens, but I can only wonder how it can be. It's all so foreign....Let us no go to Canada, tis a silly place.

Yeah, I don't get it, either.

Heh, get it? :|

I should move away from the border, if this is the case.

U2Girl1978 said:
That happened a looong time ago thankfully. :D

I have to worry about getting gestational diabetes. Not fun at all!

My mom had to worry about that too when she was pregnant with me.

Before I get pregnant(which won't be anytime soon :lol: ), my blood sugar levels have to be damn near perfect, so as not to cause any damage to my baby.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Yeah, I don't get it, either.

Heh, get it? :|

I should move away from the border, if this is the case.

Actually, no. I don't get it.
Anymore...

I used to.....

.:|

.:(
:sad:

.This damn kid is killing me.

Back
Top Bottom