The Temple Bar - Putting Staplers in Jello and Bringing Sexyback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reggie Thee Dog said:

We'd be bestest buddies and we could've high fived that night during An Cat Dubh and shit like that!!!

:sad: Oh what could've been NSW....so close yet so far...:sigh:

They didn't play An Cat Dubh that night, they went with The Ocean. I'd have high fived you anyway. Oh, what I would not pay for footage of my face when I did hear An Cat Dubh for the first time, at San Diego 1. I was in shock....and this was on the heels of Electric Co, which was a big and pleasant surprise as well. Man, that feeling was awesome. An Cat fucking Dubh, after wanting to hear it for so long. :)

Reg, our time will come.

Thanks, DG!! It's brand new, it made its debut last night.....it was designed by Redhotswami...."Gangstas Need Love Too" is a mock song I wrote as a joke a few years ago. Cracks me up. But, DG, I often crack me up. :) How the hell are you???

No spoken words said:

They didn't play An Cat Dubh that night, they went with The Ocean. I'd have high fived you anyway. Oh, what I would not pay for footage of my face when I did hear An Cat Dubh for the first time, at San Diego 1. I was in shock....and this was on the heels of Electric Co, which was a big and pleasant surprise as well. Man, that feeling was awesome. An Cat fucking Dubh, after wanting to hear it for so long. :)

Reg, our time will come.

I'm getting my nights mixed up...it was Electric Co. and the Ocean the first night....sweet.

Did you make the Oakland shows in November '05? :hmm:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

We'd be bestest buddies and we could've high fived that night during An Cat Dubh and shit like that!!!

:sad: Oh what could've been NSW....so close yet so far...:sigh:

The didnt do An Cat Dubh the 9th. I was sad.

I almost made out with the person next to me when they finally did do it at a show I was at.

I kinda sorta really fucking love that song. :angel:

*pounces on Reg's lap*

Carry on people - I'm vulnerable tonight so ignore mme. :wink:

I wanna share this with you all...

Sometimes...when you cry...no one sees your tears :sad:

Sometimes...when your worried...no one sees your pain :(

Sometimes...when your happy...no one sees your smile :D

But fart just one time...:no:

No spoken words said:

Reg, our time will come.

I wanna watch some U2 now. :drool:

No spoken words said:
Thanks, DG!! It's brand new, it made its debut last night.....it was designed by Redhotswami...."Gangstas Need Love Too" is a mock song I wrote as a joke a few years ago. Cracks me up. But, DG, I often crack me up. :) How the hell are you???

I'm actually doing pretty well, thanks. The week started off sucky, due to the Patriots and other things but the past 48 hours have made up for that. I got my laptop back finally, and a guy I met last fall called me after we had lost touch over the past few months. He's a great guy and we really seem to click. Hopefully it'll lead to something more.

How are you doing? Looking forward to spring training?

Reggie Thee Dog said:

I'm getting my nights mixed up...it was Electric Co. and the Ocean the first night....sweet.

Did you make the Oakland shows in November '05? :hmm:

No, San Jose was my only Bay Area U2 shows, sadly.

I cannot stop thinking about hearing An Cat Dubh now, sorry. Just remember having bootleg U2 casettes way back in the early-mid 80's, bought from places down in the Village.....and just hearing that song again and again and really wanting to experience it live....JT tour seemed like maybe it'd get played, and every tour after that it never even crossed my mind that I could hear it....so, to finally hear it down in San Diego. What a moment for a dork like me. :) Electric Co and Zoo Station were the other 2 tunes that night that I was shocked and so very pleased to hear...everything else, was great to hear, of course, but was not a surprise.

I'll shut up now, sorry. :)

daygloeyes2 said:

I'm actually doing pretty well, thanks. The week started off sucky, due to the Patriots and other things but the past 48 hours have made up for that. I got my laptop back finally, and a guy I met last fall called me after we had lost touch over the past few months. He's a great guy and we really seem to click. Hopefully it'll lead to something more.

How are you doing? Looking forward to spring training?

Sorry about the Pats. They just seemed to run out of gas in the 2nd half.

Good luck with the guy, that's a cool thing, when you feel you click with another person....hope it goes well and blossoms into something more.

As for me, things are fine, no complaints. Very much looking forward to Spring Training, might head to Arizona or Florida for a few days to take some of it in. We'll see.

No spoken words said:

No, San Jose was my only Bay Area U2 shows, sadly.

I cannot stop thinking about hearing An Cat Dubh now, sorry. Just remember having bootleg U2 casettes way back in the early-mid 80's, bought from places down in the Village.....and just hearing that song again and again and really wanting to experience it live....JT tour seemed like maybe it'd get played, and every tour after that it never even crossed my mind that I could hear it....so, to finally hear it down in San Diego. What a moment for a dork like me. :) Electric Co and Zoo Station were the other 2 tunes that night that I was shocked and so very pleased to hear...everything else, was great to hear, of course, but was not a surprise.

I'll shut up now, sorry. :)

No it's cool...I remember hearing 11 O'clock Tick Tock back in March of '85. You know Lila was at that show...I think...or was it the Dodger Stadium show in '92....hell I can't remember now. Lila refresh my memory...please :flirt:

No spoken words said:

Sorry about the Pats. They just seemed to run out of gas in the 2nd half.

Good luck with the guy, that's a cool thing, when you feel you click with another person....hope it goes well and blossoms into something more.

As for me, things are fine, no complaints. Very much looking forward to Spring Training, might head to Arizona or Florida for a few days to take some of it in. We'll see.

Thank you.

I'd love to get out to Florida or Arizona to get out of this damn cold. :grumpy:

And you're sooo lucky to have seen An Cat Dubh and Electric Co. live. One song I really wanted to hear played when I saw them was Gloria. Just my luck, they play it the last night. :madspit:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I wanna share this with you all...

Sometimes...when you cry...no one sees your tears :sad:

Sometimes...when your worried...no one sees your pain :(

Sometimes...when your happy...no one sees your smile :D

But fart just one time...:no:

yeah, Caron noticed me real quick :lol:

daygloeyes2 said:

Thank you.

I'd love to get out to Florida or Arizona to get out of this damn cold. :grumpy:

And you're sooo lucky to have seen An Cat Dubh and Electric Co. live. One song I really wanted to hear played when I saw them was Gloria. Just my luck, they play it the last night. :madspit:

I heard Gloria a few times. The first was one of the 2 Anaheim shows, forget which one.

When I read that they played "One Tee Hill" I thought it would just be a NZ thing. They then played it in Australia...then 2 of the Japan shows....thought they might play it in Hawaii....no dice. :( That would have been sweet. But, the bottom line is, if you're a real fan of theirs, they could play a 50 song show and you'll be like "I wish they'd have played Scarlet or Another Time Another Place". :)

No spoken words said:

I heard Gloria a few times. The first was one of the 2 Anaheim shows, forget which one.

When I read that they played "One Tee Hill" I thought it would just be a NZ thing. They then played it in Australia...then 2 of the Japan shows....thought they might play it in Hawaii....no dice. :( That would have been sweet. But, the bottom line is, if you're a real fan of theirs, they could play a 50 song show and you'll be like "I wish they'd have played Scarlet or Another Time Another Place". :)

:lol:

I did get to hear Fast Cars though. :love:

I heard Fast Cars at MSG, that was cool. Of course, that night, I kept praying for them to play Crumbs. No sale. :( Even with seeing them as many times as I did, managed to never hear Crumbs, nor did I hear Until the End of the World. I think those are the only 2 that got some sporadic play, at least, that I never got to hear....and One Tree Hill, of course. I sure heard Bullet The Blue Sky a lot, though. :)

It was more than a snippet, but not quite a full song. I think the story is, is that it was dedicated to someone in the audience or whom the band knew. I can't quite remember. It was my best buddy's 40th B-day and I didn't have anything to eat for dinner and we drank a ton...so :drunk:

Some songs are just meant to be heard LIVE...some, because they are rockers and just get the crowd going....but, some, like One Tree Hill, need to get heard LIVE because of the power of the tune, the lyrics, the shared experience of hearing it together, singing it together, etc.

For fuck's sake, I really will shut up now, this is a thread for bringing the sexy back and for fucktard talk and for talking about the office!!! Not for my trying (and failing) to wax eloquent about U2. :)

Reggie Thee Dog said:
It was more than a snippet, but not quite a full song. I think the story is, is that it was dedicated to someone in the audience or whom the band knew. I can't quite remember. It was my best buddy's 40th B-day and I didn't have anything to eat for dinner and we drank a ton...so :drunk:

Drinking on an empty stomach=:drunk: verry fast :lol:

I know, this thead meanders all over the place. I just usually don't get all.....serious and earnest and passionate.....:) I keep it on the funny tip. I said tip, yes.

I hope LMPA is ok.

No spoken words said:
I know, this thead meanders all over the place. I just usually don't get all.....serious and earnest and passionate.....:) I keep it on the funny tip. I said tip, yes.

I hope LMPA is ok.

She's drunk and probably pretty pissed at the male species.

Hey I'm outta here...I got a bitchin' Def Leppard DVD, the Robert Plant Box Set, and the Rush 'Gold' CD today, so I'm gonna go play with those!!!

Peace out y'all!! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom