The Temple Bar- One Step Closer to New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:
It's not my sin - more my guilt.

So while I was in the tub one of my friends called.
He has been away all weekend up to his mom's and is jonesing to go out. At first I was like alright sounds good, but I don't have a lot of desire to leave my house. I'm in my pj's, watching nonsense, having some pizza and wine. He doesn't want to go out till 11, so I have lots of time to get ready but I don't want to. The problem is, he said he gave up smoking weed on Wednesday, and he was pretty heavy, so this is huge. He also does coke a lot when we go out. He wouldn't tonight if I go out with him to where he suggested, which is a place I like but it's an 80's dance night tonight as opposed to a pub type atmosphere wihich would be the max I'm up for. I'm afraid if I don't go he'll end up at a certain bar and do coke. I really don't want to go out though. While I was typing this he just texted to ask if I knew if this one pub was busy on Sundays. I haven't replied yet. Am I a bitch if I say I don't want to go? I don't want him to do anything stupid if I don't go though. This sucks!

If you're tired and you don't want to go, don't go. Doesn't make you a bitch. Nor is it you're fault if he has a coke problem, you shouldn't have to babysit him. No need to feel guilty, though I know where you're coming from. I have a friend that does it entirely too much, but there's nothing more you can do but express displeasure. They're grown men, they have to take responsibility for their own shit.

My $.02

I know...I have expressed the displeasure already. I think what's getting to me is that he's slowly taking steps, the weed thing for example, and then to think if I don't go he might indulge in something. I've had some very very tough times (completely different but still shitty), and never had the nerve to ask for help, so I suffered longer than if I had been able to ask for help. I know indirectly that is what this is, on a small scale. I just can't see me going out in 2 hrs.

I'm going to ask if he wants to come here...maybe that will help.

UberBeaver said:
That's a good plan.

Maybe you can get the poker guy over too and the three of you can play some Hold 'Em!

Poker guy. :madwife:

I need to play hold 'em. And not the poker related kind.

Ok, back to my popcorn, wine and Oscar snoozefest.

:wink:

(I've abandoned the research for tonight - to be revisited tomorrow night after my workout and before 24.)

UberBeaver said:

On a similar note: I had one of those bagel master egg sandwiches you were talking about = Win.

Is this something I can get when I go to NY?
More impotantly - is it good hangover food?

LMPA - I think you should get her number, then maybe we can entice more boys to Slutfest :yes:

snowbunny00774 said:

More impotantly - it is good hangover food?

LMPA - I think you should get her number, then maybe we can entice more boys to Slutfest :yes:

:hmm:

It's pretty sad that the lure of hot single chicks who aren't old enough to be their grandmother isn't enough. :wink:

Hangover food needs to be greasy and plentiful.

snowbunny00774 said:

More impotantly - it is good hangover food?

you can only get one if you plan on taking a half hour or so ride out to the island to pick one up... so, it's not likely.

and what is this slutfest of which you speak... is it the canadian clusterfuck-o-rama?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:hmm:

It's pretty sad that the lure of hot single chicks who aren't old enough to be their grandmother isn't enough. :wink:

No shit - although you just made me waste a mouthful of wine :madwife:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Hangover food needs to be greasy and plentiful.

Again - with the :love: for you...most women don't understand that :tsk:

Slustfest/canadian clusterfuck-o-rama...same deal.

Beav I'll trade you something for one of these Bagel things : prettyplease:

I wish I had known of them when I was on the island and hungover :(

snowbunny00774 said:

More impotantly - is it good hangover food?

If you want to come to Long Island, you sure can. Bagel Master is a bagel store near my house. I personally think egg sandwiches are excellent hangover food, though sometimes you just need some cereal.

snowbunny00774 said:

No shit - although you just made me waste a mouthful of wine :madwife:

Again - with the :love: for you...most women don't understand that :tsk:

Slustfest/canadian clusterfuck-o-rama...same deal.

Honestly - it's like, think of all the calories you consumed booze wise the night before (and otherwise :shifty: ). Some hash browns and bacon isn't going to inflict any more damage than has already been done. Pfft.

:kiss:

UberBeaver said:

If you want to come to Long Island, you sure can. Bagel Master is a bagel store near my house. I personally think egg sandwiches are excellent hangover food, though sometimes you just need some cereal.

I usually need grease :shrug:

Where on the island are you? My uncle lived in...hmmm...somewhere near a giant mall - I'll have to look it up.

fricking empty calories :shifty:
more wasted wine lol :shh:

snowbunny00774 said:
Beav I'll trade you something for one of these Bagel things : prettyplease:

I wish I had known of them when I was on the island and hungover :(

You've been to Long Island? Why?

I can bring you one, but I don't know how well an egg and cheese sandwich will travel. It's at least a 40 minute train ride, then I'd have to find you...it might get kinda funky. But if you really want one, let me know. It's right by the train station. :drool: And I'll probably get some bagels anyway, just to piss of NSW.

snowbunny00774 said:

I usually need grease :shrug:

Where on the island are you? My uncle lived in...hmmm...somewhere near a giant mall - I'll have to look it up.

Uhhh, there are about 27 giant malls. In fact, you could say Long Island, like New Jersey, is just a series of giant malls with housing.

I live in Syosset. NE Nassau county.

My uncle lived there before he moved back home. I used to visit him a lot. He lived in Brooklyn too, so I've been there a few times.

Where is Floral Park? that comes to mind.

I'll risk it - I'll be drunk and won't care.

Is something fields a mall....Roosevelt fields?

greasy food >after drinking>before bed :up:

snow ask him to come over and tell him you don't feel like going out, after that you're not responsible

love the curling pics :)

Back
Top Bottom