The Temple Bar- One Step Closer to New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:

I was playing on the Mac, and I'm not really MAC literate, and I ended up moving folders around, and than the OCD kicked in and I went to move it back, but the folder icon changed, and it irked me. For some reason I thought deleting it might reset it. That was stupid. Deleting, well, deleted it. Who knew? Luckily a lot of the music is on the other computer which I have networked, but not all of it. And I lost some purchased music, which sucks.

UberBeaver said:
This place was totally dominating shit last night. Wish I was here. Good job, people. You do me proud.

In three weeks from today I'll be nursing the hangover you people will have caused me. WTF is wrong you?

:whistle:

Three weeks from today I'll be on a train back home. :sad:

But, if you had posted that earlier I'd have said "three weeks from today I'll be in bed nursing a massive hangover but saying how worth it it all was" :drunk:

Losing purchased music sucks. :sad: Did you lose the Manilow?

UberBeaver said:

I as playing on the Mac, and I'm not really MAC literate, and I ended up moving folders around, and than the OCD kicked in and I went to move it back, but the folder icon changed, and it irked me. For some reason I thought deleting it might reset it. That was stupid. Deleting, well, deleted it. Who knew? Luckily a lot of the music is on the other computer which I have networked, but not all of it. And I lost some purchased music, which sucks.

How awful :hug:

If I have anything you lost I can send it to you---I just don't know how.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:whistle:

Three weeks from today I'll be on a train back home. :sad:

But, if you had posted that earlier I'd have said "three weeks from today I'll be in bed nursing a massive hangover but saying how worth it it all was" :drunk:

Losing purchased music sucks. :sad: Did you lose the Manilow?

I can never lose Manilow - he's in my soul.

Looks like I only totally lost about $30 worth of music, and it just so happens I burned a CD for my friend yesterday, so even some of that I can get back. And I have it all on my iPod, so not a huge deal. Meh, whatever. Life could be much worse.

I had to shove a glycerin sepository [sic] thing up a two week old baby's ass to make her poop today. :happy:

I've also started using words like "poop" and "pee". It just seems wrong to say, "The baby just shit." :(

UberBeaver said:
This place was totally dominating shit last night. Wish I was here. Good job, people. You do me proud.

In three weeks from today I'll be nursing the hangover you people will have caused me. WTF is wrong you?

So you're in for sure is what you're saying?

:hi5:

I'll confiscate your drinks and have them myself if it will help you avoid a hangover!!

Last edited:
snowbunny00774 said:

How awful :hug:

If I have anything you lost I can send it to you---I just don't know how.

Thanks very much. I only lost one album (the Stooges - Funhouse?) And a bunch of singles like Biggie, Naughty by Nature and "Scotty Doesn't Know from Eurotrip. And like I said, it's all on my iPod, so I'm cool.

UberBeaver said:

I can never lose Manilow - he's in my soul.

Looks like I only totally lost about $30 worth of music, and it just so happens I burned a CD for my friend yesterday, so even some of that I can get back. And I have it all on my iPod, so not a huge deal. Meh, whatever. Life could be much worse.

I had to shove a glycerin sepository [sic] thing up a two week old baby's ass to make her poop today. :happy:

I've also started using words like "poop" and "pee". It just seems wrong to say, "The baby just shit." :(

Whew, that's good. About the music and the uh, other stuff.

That poor kid.

UberBeaver said:

:lol: My buddy at work was regaling me with tales of having to give his 2 month old prune juice in an effort to avoid the above mentioned [sic]

snowbunny00774 said:

So you're in for sure is what you're saying?

:hi5:

I'll confisacate your drinks and have them myself if it will help you avoid a hangover!!

Yeah, I think so. I'm at 95%. The baby is fine and my wife is cool with me heading in. So long as everything is good on the morning of 3/17, I'm in. But I won't be going to the show, I'll just meet with you between the parade and show. I was considering going to the bar that Ewen was talking about to watch soccer, but the game is nixed. Rugby is on though, so maybe I'll check that out. I dunno though. I don't understand rugby, but I'd like to watch the Irish and Scottish get all into a game.

I'm also waiting to see what Numbles is up to. He'll probably pike out :angry:.

Dave - lastfm updates like once a week or something.

snowbunny00774 said:

:lol: My buddy at work was regaling me with tales of having to give his 2 month old prune juice in an effort to avoid the above mentioned [sic]

HAHA. I kept saying, "I'll get her prune juice...maybe prune juice?...should I go get some prune juice? I read it worked," but my wife was all "NO IT WILL KILL THE BABY!" so I didn't. I called the Dr this morning and she was like, "Supository, dude." And I was like, "How about prune juice? ...maybe prune juice?...should I go get some prune juice? I read it worked," and she was like, "Dude, no. Glycerine in the rectum."

:shh: I made my mother in law do it. :happy:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
:hyper:

I hope I get to meet/see everyone who's coming. It's always a disappointment not to get together with everyone during these things.

Oh, I just assumed everyone traveled in a pack. The bad thing is that on St. Patty's the bars are PACKED. It might be hard to find a place with room for 20+...unless we can find a dive or something. Whatever. I'll send my phone number to a few of you as we get closer. Then you can call me and tell me where to go. :happy: <--- I am rockin this smiley today.

I was thinking of trying to make the game before the parade - I think the game is at 8am. We'll have to see how the Friday goes.

I wish I was a napper 'cos I think I'll need one at some point in the day, but I don't know how that will work.

snowbunny00774 said:
I was thinking of trying to make the game before the parade - I think the game is at 8am. We'll have to see how the Friday goes.

I wish I was a napper 'cos I think I'll need one at some point in the day, but I don't know how that will work.

8am??? Oh, I doubt that's gonna happen then....then again, the damn kid wakes me up at 6 everyday.

I can't nap either. My naps always end up lasting 8 hours.

UberBeaver said:

:shh: I made my mother in law do it. :happy:

lol - I'm sure you'll have another chance!

I'll tell you where to go alright :happy:

I haven't checked the parade info thing you left for me yet but how long does it usually last?

^:lol:

It says the parade doesn't end till 4.30 - That is crazy!!!

What is the deal for Friday anyway? You guys will be at ewby's? (sp?) right?

I need to hit Sephora on the Firday night.

Beav - is the route fairly straight? It mentions a turn on 80something.

4:30pm??? Whoa. That's crazy long.

The funny thing is you get to watch reruns of it all year on Public Access TV here. Everyone brings a video camera, and everyone has an uncle, father, brother, or son that plays the pipes in one of the pipe bands. And they all figure that the rest of NYC wants to see said pipe player throughout the year on TV. :happy:

I thought it went up 5th Ave. I don't know about any turns. I've never watched a parade.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there will be some bar breaks in there :drool:

It does go up 5th but then it mentioned a good spot to watch was where it turns east on 86th :shrug:

This NYC gathering sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to visit the city some time.

I think I finally figured out how to set up last.fm. :lol: [/random]

I think Interference is having a tough time connecting with the Last.fm server, or something. It's only on pages that need to load Last.fm things that my internet goes wonky.

Back
Top Bottom