The Temple Bar: NYC Get Ready For Those Buybacks - UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you ever have one of those days were work just keeps piling up and there are new assignments coming in from everywhere and you have this nagging feeling you are forgetting some of them (probably the most important ones) and you can't figure out which ones to do first and you just want to go all "Cuckoo's Nest" and throw your chair through the nearest window so you can escape and run off over the horizon???

:|

That's me this whole week :down:

elevated_u2_fan said:
Do you ever have one of those days were work just keeps piling up and there are new assignments coming in from everywhere and you have this nagging feeling you are forgetting some of them (probably the most important ones) and you can't figure out which ones to do first and you just want to go all "Cuckoo's Nest" and throw your chair through the nearest window so you can escape and run off over the horizon???

Now and then. When I smoked it was easier to deal with. Since quitting it sucks.

What's up, Pfan? :hi5:

elevated_u2_fan said:

Yes.

This week has been somewhat like that. :crack:

elevated_u2_fan said:

:hug:

This here's a tale for all the fellas
Try to do what those ladies tell us

"Preface your statement with a line from Ice Ice Baby Day" has been preempted by "Preface your statement with a line from Bust a Move Day". lol. owned.

My grades for the first three weeks are absolute shit. This coming from someone who's in the top 10% of his class.

You want it, you got it. Just bust a move.

ETA - LMPA - I don't recall that line at all. :scratch:

Why are you slacking, son. Get off the interland and study. Or is "bad" like "A-"? Is Michael Bluth your father or something?

"Well, I did get an A."
"Minus."
"Right. A minus."

UberBeaver said:
Why are you slacking, son. Get off the interland and study. Or is "bad" like "A-"? Is Michael Bluth your father or something?

"Well, I did get an A."
"Minus."
"Right. A minus."

It's a couple of cases of there only being one grade in and that grade being poor. I failed my first math quiz on a couple of bullshit technicalities (I agree they were wrong, but the whole answer shouldn't be wrong based on a small work error), C'd my first Spanish quiz, and have a low B in English so far.

It's going to improve, but it's a poor start.

And I do spend too much time here. :wink:

Anyways, off to basketball pre-seasons. Peace.

I'm trying to figure out how much vacation time I have left for the rest of the year. I think HR has made it impossibly confusing to figure out, just to piss us off. :angry: Why can't I just get a straight answer - "you have X amount of days"?!

Noooo... they have to give you this weird figure and you have to do all sorts of stupid math to figure it all out. :crack: :sigh:

I guess that's what I'll be doing tonight after my guitar lesson.

Yeah, my dad's company always tells him up front how many he has. He usually uses only about a third of them, though he used a few this past spring when my brother was in the hospital after his diagnosis with diabetes. The rest come on family vacations and the occasional golf tournament.

Since my "new" computer is really an old one, I had to download an old iTunes, about 6. It's completely blank, so I have to upload my CDs (terribly slow on this one) all over again, and then I'm probably gonna have to burn CDs from the regular iTunes downstairs to get the music I bought on iTunes. Then I have to figure out how to get my live U2 stuff on my iPod on here. I'll probably look into that site Mia recommended earlier, whatever it was.

Anyway, homework and Phils tonight.

Why would you put really fucking hot hot sauce near your eye?

How did you heal your eye?

UberBeaver said:
What sort of formula do they use?

Since I'm on salary, I need to figure out what my hourly rate is, then based on that, I divide that by the amount of dollars of vacation I've accrued. Something along those lines. Then eventually I'll figure out how many days vacation I have left.

Even simple math is extremely difficult for me, so it sounds hard, but it probably isn't. I'll just have to read the instructions really closely, and I should be able to figure it out eventually. :)

phillyfan26 said:
Yeah, my dad's company always tells him up front how many he has. He usually uses only about a third of them, though he used a few this past spring when my brother was in the hospital after his diagnosis with diabetes. The rest come on family vacations and the occasional golf tournament.

Since my "new" computer is really an old one, I had to download an old iTunes, about 6. It's completely blank, so I have to upload my CDs (terribly slow on this one) all over again, and then I'm probably gonna have to burn CDs from the regular iTunes downstairs to get the music I bought on iTunes. Then I have to figure out how to get my live U2 stuff on my iPod on here. I'll probably look into that site Mia recommended earlier, whatever it was.

Anyway, homework and Phils tonight.

Your brother. Type I or Type II?

Back
Top Bottom