The Temple Bar - Not Like Everybody Says ... Like Dumb ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I came up with some more good BS. Well, I wouldn't say good. It's decent. I've been a bit distracted these last few days so I would imagine future papers will be better (this is a writing intensive class).

All I have to do is come up with a good concluding paragraph then I'm going to be done with this piece of crap.

I had basketball practice, so I'm just getting to the three page paper now. I'll probably finish it in the morning.

:lol:

Thanks.

I sent an email to the dean last night (who conveniently is on vacation this week) and I got this response from his assisstant:

Hi Laura,

Thank you for your email. We can understand your concern for your academics
and most importantly, your health and appreciate your insight. Please be
sure that you are in contact with your professors to alert them to the fact
that you are still recovering from your illness and let our office know if
you reach resistance.

As you stated, closing an institution is a difficult decision. While
cancelling classes may seem like a viable option, doing so would create
angst for individuals who are healthy and unaffected by the virus.

Additionally, there would have to be further provisions to account for the
lost time in the classroom which could generate additional concerns for both
well and unwell individuals.

Right now we believe the best option is to encourage affected students to
take time to rest and remove themselves from contact with others to prevent
spreading the infection, remain in contact with their professors, and as I
said before - contact our office should there be any challenges.

Yeeeeeeah right! Angst? More like elation!

Not to mention the angst for the large portion of us who are falling behind because we've been sick.

So, I just had an exciting revelation.

When I see Clinton and Obama Saturday night it's going to be a media circus, which means NBC's Obama campaign embed Lee Cowan will in all likelihood be there...I love that guy! He's so awesome. I am making it my goal to find him and meet him :shifty:

This is why my friends were joking last night that MSNBC probably has a file on me because I love all their anchors and correspondents :lol:

Nothing you can do from where you are.

I remember being in labor and talking to my mom around 11:00pm, and having contractions. I just told her I really couldn't (and didn't) want to be on the phone. She wanted to come down to the hospital, but there would not have been anything she could have done except sit in a waiting room and... wait. We called her first thing in the morning when Maddy finally popped (just not at 3:25am)

Well, Tyler came into the world mad and hungry, much like I did.

They ended up having to do a c-section with my sister, and she lost a lot of blood so they're having to do transfusions. We haven't had an update since 4 am so I take that as a good thing that people are probably resting.

Please keep my new nephew and sister in your prayers.

I got this e-mail from my brother in law that he sent at 4:30 this morning:
He was born at 2:45 this morning by C-section at Clarian North. Mom is doing well. He is 7 pounds 12 oz. and 21 inches long. He has a little hair, but not as much as his sister did. He cried a deep manly cry when he was born. Right now he is sucking on his wrist and seems completely unphased that it is offering no nourishment whatsoever. Everyone is doing well. Pass the word along. I will write a better email with better pictures soon.

tylerbf0.png

I'm shocked he was able to write such a coherent email after being up for 24 stressful hours :lol:

My mom said all day yesterday she was cleaning parts of the house she didn't even know we had. I expect to see sparkles when I go home tomorrow.

No spoken words said:
Which way?

To the left y'all. To the left y'all.

Why?

Because I rock upon the mic real deft y'all.

Laura, congrats.

And to the right y'all
to the right y'all
cos I rock up on the mike all night y'all

that's the only part of the song that i remember

My parents will go up some time next week.

I'm hoping I'll go up for my spring break but the last time I talked about it they were hesitant b/c plane tickets are so expensive.

Back
Top Bottom