The Temple Bar....New Album News Right Here!! Let's overanalyze!!........UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading all the "Best Album of 2009" entries in B&C has inspired me to "find" several albums I have never really given a try yet. This week I have listened to:

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
Fleet Foxes - Sun Giant EP
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Okkervil River - The Stand Ins
The National - Boxer

I have to say, I really like just about all of it :up:

They're worth a listen, huh? Last night I was reading the Random Music thread, and because of that, I listened to Real Emotional Trash by Stephen Malkmus, and I really liked it. I also downloaded Girl Talk's Feed the Animals.

no not that.

Im talkin tree, dear, tree!

Hey REGGIE, where the f*8cik is that guy Im gonna slam my wrist over his head so that it gets crushed and he pretty soon is stooping down to my level, physically!

Elfa, do you go to gigs with the type of unheard/unseen bands? you know obviously the starter-outers!

They're worth a listen, huh? Last night I was reading the Random Music thread, and because of that, I listened to Real Emotional Trash by Stephen Malkmus, and I really liked it. I also downloaded Girl Talk's Feed the Animals.

I wasn't a big fan of Pavement so I'm kind of shying away from Malkmus, I have yet to try Girl Talk...

All the stuff I listed is decidedly low fi, so I'm not sure if it's everyone's cup of tea...

I wasn't a big fan of Pavement so I'm kind of shying away from Malkmus, I have yet to try Girl Talk...

All the stuff I listed is decidedly low fi, so I'm not sure if it's everyone's cup of tea...

The vocals are better. And this one is quite guitar-heavy. It's streamed on his My Space page.

and then I went on a White Stripes listening binge. I keep forgetting how much I love that band.

It's insane. Last year when she lived in residence, she wrote on the last day, too (at Christmas, they had to be out of their rooms within 24 hrs of their last exam). The night before, there were very few food facilities left open on campus, and the ones that were open, the pickings were very slim. And then the next morning she went to have a shower, and they'd turned off the hot water! For you Americans, this isn't some little backwater school, it's a major university!

Horrid chicken. :(

are you kidding? the water was turned off?? that's unreal. I had never heard any of that stuff...eyeopening.

The vocals are better. And this one is quite guitar-heavy. It's streamed on his My Space page.

and then I went on a White Stripes listening binge. I keep forgetting how much I love that band.

yeah, I never really liked the WS the first time around, started getting into them this summer though.

I've heard the new raconteur thing is good - true or false?

yeah, I never really liked the WS the first time around, started getting into them this summer though.

I've heard the new raconteur thing is good - true or false?

In general, or their new album? I like the band a lot, and although I haven't heard all of the new album, what I have heard is good. :up: I think Jack White is brilliant. He should get much more acclaim than he does.

One of my favourites from 2008 was from this Montreal band called Plants & Animals. I encourage anyone to check it out.

Also, I listened to Fleet Foxes last week and it was very good.

ETA: Snow, yes. :up:

the band in general VP. Agreed on the jack white thoughts.

I think i've heard of both those bands bomac - I'll try and get a listen.

I just walked over to get a (nother) turtle and it's like a wall of white outside. I need a playmate :(

also, I love that anything I could think of about U2 has been discusssed at least months ago on the board :drool:

Also, I'm glad that U2 waited so long to release a new album. It allowed me to discover new music that I otherwise might not even have given a second thought to. Once NLOTH is released, I fear that the U2 fanatic in me will re-awaken, and I won't be able to listen to anything else for a few months.

I can't believe Christmas is less than a week away...:ohmy:

How did this happen...:scratch:

I have no idea. :huh:

yeah, I only found that out yesterday myself. do I even bother putting up any decorations at this point? the blizzard is also going to interfere with me starting some shopping.

I"ve picked up a few things, but my list is going to be diminished this year, I'm afraid, and people will be lucky if they even get things wrapped. :happy: No decorations here either, my cats would destroy a tree. Meh.

Im away, everyone be good and have a wicked weekend!

:wave:

:kiss:

Have a good weekend, maddie! :wave:

Also, I'm glad that U2 waited so long to release a new album. It allowed me to discover new music that I otherwise might not even have given a second thought to. Once NLOTH is released, I fear that the U2 fanatic in me will re-awaken, and I won't be able to listen to anything else for a few months.

:up:

When Bomb was released, I literally listened to nothing else but U2 for over a year. :reject: That's why I was all U2-ed out for a while. I'm ready for the new album, though.

Im away, everyone be good and have a wicked weekend!

:wave:

:kiss:

Bye luv'r...:kiss:

I'm feeling the push to go there too...:rockon:...probably after the single leaks/drops...:hyper:

:up:

When Bomb was released, I literally listened to nothing else but U2 for over a year. :reject: That's why I was all U2-ed out for a while. I'm ready for the new album, though.

That's how I felt after 2005...I was burnt...:depressed:...my batteries are all charged again...:rockon:

bye mad, have a good one :wave:

I just got cold all of sudden. if I was being productive that probably wouldn't have happened.

Just put on a coat...:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom