The Temple Bar - Need a little time to wake up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RavenBlue said:
I have a silly touristy question about England.

I'm a big watcher of Coronation Street. Where is Weatherfield supposed to be anyway? And is Blackpool sort of like a Las Vegas?

/dork :reject:

Corrie! :rockon:

It's supposed to be a fictional district of Manchester in the North-west of England...at least that's what I've always thought.
Blackpool is about as Las Vegas as the UK gets, but isn't really anything like it IMHO.

Whereabouts are you up to in Canada with Corrie anyway?

And :wave: Hi Zoots! Sorry for the delayed response!

Ah thanks Tilli :) We're nine months behind here in Canada with Coronation Street. Everytime I talk with my mom she tells me what's going on over there, since i won't see the episodes she gets for a long 'ol time.

See you Zoot! Take care

See you Zoots!:wave:

Yeah, do you get alot of the English soaps then? Like Eastenders, Emmerdale....? I didn't realise they were watched in other parts of the world!

TheQuiet1 said:

Whereabouts are you up to in Canada with Corrie anyway?
!

We're at the point now, right after New Years '06 where Sally's daughter has been sleeping with uhm.. that goth fellow. Name slips my mind right now. And Mike is really starting to lose his marbles.

The thing I love about Corrie is I can not watch it for a month, then start watching again and get right back into it.

I think the only other one we get on CBC is Emmerdale, and I haven't watched that one much at all. It's on at a weird time 3pm whereas Corrie is on in the evenings.

There is a BBC Canada specialty channel, but we haven't it at the moment :wink:

ha! Cadbury's chocolate :drool:

I think the lad's name is Craig on Corrie. Ah - the Mike storyline was very well handled...though I haven't watched it for a while...

Sally (along with Gail) are THE most annoying characters in that show :mad: I love to hate them!:wink:

RavenBlue said:

We're at the point now, right after New Years '06 where Sally's daughter has been sleeping with uhm.. that goth fellow. Name slips my mind right now. And Mike is really starting to lose his marbles.

The thing I love about Corrie is I can not watch it for a month, then start watching again and get right back into it.

I've not been watching Corrie properly for ages (keep catching the occasional episode) but I did see the last few episodes of Mike's storyline. They were really, really brilliant-spoiled only by the fact that Ken Barlow is more wooden than the Amazon rainforest.

Tilli said:

Sally (along with Gail) are THE most annoying characters in that show :mad: I love to hate them!:wink:

Ditto! My brother keeps asking me if they've been written out yet because they annoy he and I to no end. I think Gail nickname could be "Crowbar" because she prys so damn much. But I guess they all do that... and that's why we watch.

Oh one of the gross storylines is of Jack (the old guy) posing nude for a painting class :barf:

Ugh! Almost as gross as watching Audrey make out with Craigs dad!

TheQuiet1 said:

I've not been watching Corrie properly for ages (keep catching the occasional episode) but I did see the last few episodes of Mike's storyline. They were really, really brilliant-spoiled only by the fact that Ken Barlow is more wooden than the Amazon rainforest.

Ken is so dull. They need to do something, anything to try to infuse some 'interesting' into that character. Turn him into a male prostitute or a mob boss or something :giggle:

RavenBlue said:

Ken is so dull. They need to do something, anything to try to infuse some 'interesting' into that character. Turn him into a male prostitute or a mob boss or something :giggle:

:lmao:

Anyway, I'm gonna go now everyone. :wave: See ya!

I would never be able to have a freezer full of chocolate - I really have no self control at all. I'd be like the fat kid in Charlie and the chocolate factory:drool:

You should go to The Cadbury World factory in Birmingham, tre :drool:

See you The Quiet1 - don't forget David at 9pm, BBC1!:drool:

There's a chocolate factory not too far from here as well. They have a Chocolate Fest in the summer. I've never been to it. I think I may have to one of these days. (and start a fitness program right after :giggle: )

Oh heavens, a chocolate fest! :combust:

Birmingham is actually quite a great place (well, the city centre bit is - well worth a visit :up: )

Hmm, I don't know Butler's chocolate actually. I shall have to investigate this... perhaps when i am in Ireland:drool:

Back
Top Bottom