The TEMPLE BAR: Martinis, Margaritas ,Manilow and Memories...UP YOUR FUCKING ASS!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lurk away, Reg. You just might get lucky tonight. :sexywink:

Morning, snow!

It is almost time for me to buy tickets from Ticketbastard. They'd better not charge us too much! :rant:

I guess it is still morning for you isn't it?

I may be drunk posting tonight - I have to go to something that's part fascinating and part horrifying. I will cope by drinking. Fact.

Tix for the playoffs??? good luck :up:

snowbunny00774 said:
I guess it is still morning for you isn't it?

I may be drunk posting tonight - I have to go to something that's part fascinating and part horrifying. I will cope by drinking. Fact.

Tix for the playoffs??? good luck :up:

Yeah, it's 10am.

Coping by drinking. Excellent. I'll join you.

And no, not playoff tix, unfortunately. Tix for a concert. :shifty: My computer was acting up, but my friend did manage to snag us a pair! :up:

Very stat-y. I've got a shitload of work to get done before Monday. :happy: And, I found a few errors I need to go back and decide how I'm going to address/correct. But at least it feels like I'm making progress. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :drool: We were actually pondering going to Western today, but neither of us seems overly motivated to get going.

What's your horrifying event?

I'll have to PM you - it's embarrassing

It's miserable today - not a day for making a good impression - I'd hold off if I were you. That's great about the progress though :up:

Congrats Thora - what concert?

Someone :killintheface: Lotus Notes for me :mad:

ETA: you know I mean western making a good impression on your right? I just reread that and it sounded bad!

:lol:

a friend saw him and said it was great - she also said she appreciated how he looked into the crowd and winked at her - so I'm not sure how reliable that review was lol!!

UberBeaver said:
http://www.amazon.com/Born-Blue-Day...7614354?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1176481926&sr=8-1

I'm reading that book now. It's about this autistic guy in England, he wrote a book. It's friggin fascinating how he thinks.

:continuesprotestingmisplacedcomma:

I think we had "talked" about this guy a few threads back, Beav. There was a one hour documentary done on him on Discovery, I believe....and then 60 minutes did a piece on him. He's helping researchers gain some added insight into Autism, since he's the rare person who has signs of Autism but can communicate how his mind works.

That might be where I first heard of him, yeah. I watched the 60 minutes thing. Did you read the book? It's brilliant how he thinks. It's all very visual, but he describes everything so vividly.

No spoken words said:

I think we had "talked" about this guy a few threads back, Beav. There was a one hour documentary done on him on Discovery, I believe....and then 60 minutes did a piece on him. He's helping researchers gain some added insight into Autism, since he's the rare person who has signs of Autism but can communicate how his mind works.

Sounds fascinating, I'll have to pick it up.

I saw this program a while back where this woman with the classic symptoms of autism was attending university. She had this typing device she would use that would then vocalize what she had typed. She was very intelligent, articulate and insightful. It's a very mysterious disorder. :up:

How are the preparations for the move going, NSW? :)

I'll have to read about this guy. I can't even imagine the way he understands things - I remember you guys talking about him before.

In other news - I could eat my friggin arm I'm so hungry and Lotus is making me wish we still did cave drawings or that I could carve messages on rocks and throw them at people :angry:

snowbunny00774 said:
or that I could carve messages on rocks and throw them at people :angry:

I think autsim rates are now 1 in 3. In the children I know that seems about right.

I had the opportunity to work on an autism study at the Mayo clinic over summer break. "That band" was playing and I went home instead :der:

redkat said:

I think autsim rates are now 1 in 3. In the children I know that seems about right.

Wait - one in 3 kids is autistic? Really? I think it's an evolutionary step, actually. We need to evolve or else the machines will take us over someday. Autistic savants seem to be able to use more of their brain in some regards, but they also lose some abilities we take for granted. I think eventually the majority of people will be able to think like savants.

An interesting hypothesis I've read about the increase in Autism cases in recent years is this: there are many people who have milder forms of autism (Asperger's syndrome), many undiagnosed. Many of these people end up in sciencey or technological fields. Due to current technology over the past few decades, people with similar interests tend to congregate and work together. Also, more females now enter these fields. So, they're more prone to meet, marry, and have children...and the resulting children have higher rates of Autism.

I believe that they found much greater rates in Silicon Valley than in other areas of the country.

:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom