The Temple Bar: Legit Home of the RECESSION ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elfa, we've been feeling some heat for a while. The stock has sucked - lots of reasons why that might be, not just the economy sucking (although it rose over $1 yesterday to bring us back to over $20, which was great).

Recently our CEO was given the boot, and good ol' Howard Schultz ( :heart: ) came back to be the CEO. Things are getting a good shakeup, and we're all super excited to have Howard back in charge. It's his company, after all. Uncle Howie will save us all!

As for the $1 coffee thing, I didn't hear anything about it until you all did. I'm in HR - we don't get the scoop on that sort of thing in advance, usually. I think that's a direct response to McDonald's stepping up their game in the specialty coffee business.

corianderstem said:
Elfa, we've been feeling some heat for a while. The stock has sucked - lots of reasons why that might be, not just the economy sucking (although it rose over $1 yesterday to bring us back to over $20, which was great).

Recently our CEO was given the boot, and good ol' Howard Schultz ( :heart: ) came back to be the CEO. Things are getting a good shakeup, and we're all super excited to have Howard back in charge. It's his company, after all. Uncle Howie will save us all!

As for the $1 coffee thing, I didn't hear anything about it until you all did. I'm in HR - we don't get the scoop on that sort of thing in advance, usually. I think that's a direct response to McDonald's stepping up their game in the specialty coffee business.

I used to work for a dotcom company so I know the pain of watching your stock disappear before your eyes...

You should go in and tell the suits how things are done in "flavor country"... nock some skulls together if you have to :up:

VintagePunk said:

Speaking of which, Sarah called a bit ago to specifically tell me that they're having a dvd sale at her school, and for only $30, she could take the political insightfulness of The 4400 with her wherever she goes!

I'll give her $30 to send a copy to stephen harper.

Well that was interesting.

Usually in the first week of classes professors will have us go around and say something interesting about ourselves. There's the usual stuff, meeting someone famous, been skydiving, fear of *insert something random here*.

Well today was a first.

This one girl's interesting bit about herself is that her ex-boyfriend is a convicted murderer serving 23 years in prison for shooting someone in the back and running from authorities for 9 months................................:ohmy:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
my taxes are done :hi5:

I wish I could do mine and get them done. I'm using my tax return to pay off a credit card. But noooo, I have to wait for our savings/stock vendor to send out the stock info. Le sigh.

Hurry up, Fidelity! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom