The Temple Bar - It's Christmas, Elfa, please come home - UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May just be an Ontario thing :shrug: I think it depends on the couple rather than ethnic background, but then again I've been to a total of 3 in my lifetime so I'm not one to go by :lol:

It's a party - usually at a hall - to raise money for the bride and groom. Depending on the type there can just be food, music and a bar, some have raffles, my one cousin had backjack tables and a wheel (the standing ones like at a fair, not roulette), etc. I can give you the Ontario names (or at least the ones I've heard) but not sure what they're called in the rest of the country :lol: It's usually open to the public (there's usually a sign in front of the hall saying the couple's name) as well.

They're called 'socials' in Manitoba, that I remember.

Yeah, I had to do a double-check when I read that shag part - especially after having lived in England!!

What's everyone getting up to tonight?

There's always tomorrow.

:hug:

Yep :wink:

Good thing there's about a million shag explanations in this thread :lol:

Do you really want the avatar of a team that can't win the big games when they count? That lost the Stanley Cup to a team named after a freaking Disney movie? No, you want a team with history, a team that's raised the Cup several times - you want the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS *g*

Go Sens Go :ohsnap:

(just kidding Drea, you know I :heart: ya regardless of your poor taste in hockey teams :sexywink:)

Actually, that's true - my friend is coming over to watch the game first :yes:
Had I know Drea, we could have bought you another ticket!! Oh well, I'm sure you'll have fun :hug:

So there's a guy at work I kind of fancy but he doesn't know it and he often flirts with this other girl which drives me #*@*$ing bonkers and she just invited me to her house for a drink. This should be interesting :hmm:

From what I saw on Facebook from Mia he did *g*

That Canada/USA game tonight was WAY too fucking stressful! :lol: Canada comes from behind to tie, there's close calls in the OT and then it went to a shootout - just glad it only went 3 shooters :wink: Not sure if it was worse only being able to hear it (FAN590 did the radio broadcast) or if it would've been worse to actually watch it...

I'm assuming Magnificent survived the week without food?

From what I saw on Facebook from Mia he did *g*

Aww thanks for asking. Maggie Moo is doing great! He was pissed at me the night I arrived, and wanted absolutely nothing to do with me--even got defensive! The next morning I was awoken by all his rustling. He was trying to get my attention. Then he did some dancing to show me he was happy again. I played Undisclosed Desires and he really cut it loose. He was playing around so much yesterday that by the time I left for NYC, he was exhausted and passed out.

Happy new year, bar! :)

Thanks, Kristen! That was way cool!! Last night was all sorts of fun. I'm not sure if our segment aired, but I don't care. I'm not a Carson fan, but I got a wave, so that was cool.

How was your night?

Thanks, Kristen! That was way cool!! Last night was all sorts of fun. I'm not sure if our segment aired, but I don't care. I'm not a Carson fan, but I got a wave, so that was cool.

How was your night?

Glad you had a great time!

My night was quiet. I'm still sick so I just stayed in and relaxed. I starting watching Braveheart and I gotta finish it today :D

Aww thanks for asking. Maggie Moo is doing great! He was pissed at me the night I arrived, and wanted absolutely nothing to do with me--even got defensive! The next morning I was awoken by all his rustling. He was trying to get my attention. Then he did some dancing to show me he was happy again. I played Undisclosed Desires and he really cut it loose. He was playing around so much yesterday that by the time I left for NYC, he was exhausted and passed out.

Happy new year, bar! :)

hahaha, that' so cute! Generally, I detest snakes but I'm starting to like yours but um, what does a 'defensive' snake do?

Glad you had a good time in NYC!

Kristen - sorry to hear you're still sick! :hug:

Anyone have any New Year's resolutions?
Mine is to quit assuming things - it gets me into all kinds of trouble :no:

hahaha, that' so cute! Generally, I detest snakes but I'm starting to like yours but um, what does a 'defensive' snake do?

Thanks Julie :hug:

My resolution is to not care so much about what others think of me. I'm guilty of that all the time :reject:

I didn't care much for snakes either before I met him. He's definitely different. It's funny how we've grown closer, too. Who knew snakes could be so affectionate?

I'm focusing on my health this year. As soon as this snow melts away, I'm getting back into running. I say I will do that every few weeks, but this time I mean it! I'm also going vegan. :yikes:

That's a good one Kristen - trust me, life gets sooo much better when you stop caring about that, it really, really does :)

I hope so :cute:

Hope you start feeling better soon! You've got a new year to celebrate.

Aww thanks :hug:
Kinda celebrated last night. I watched a great movie and had chinese food :drool:

Back
Top Bottom