The Temple Bar - Invade Canada? Then you get the snow, too...UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it isn't, unless I missed something last night while freaking out a bit about my mom being in the hospital (very mild heart attack, she's going to be okay) :wink:

Drea said:
No it isn't, unless I missed something last night while freaking out a bit about my mom being in the hospital (very mild heart attack, she's going to be okay) :wink:

sorry to hear about your mom, Drea :hug: i'm glad she's going to be okay. that must've been a crap night. were you able to rest at all?

:lol: No, she's not much of a hockey fan :tongue: However, her days of shovelling the driveway are now over, and Dad's going to be investing in a snowblower :wink: (My parents live 3 hrs away from here)

How bad is Montreal getting snow, or is the storm not that far east?

I'm not sure. I live in a basement apartment and my window is completely covered with snow, so I can't see the street. And I'm too lazy to poke my head outside.

Ah, what the heck. I'll go look. :wink:

unico said:
sorry to hear about your mom, Drea :hug: i'm glad she's going to be okay. that must've been a crap night. were you able to rest at all?

I was, thanks :hug: I didn't find out until almost 9pm last night, and she'd been in hospital since about 5:30am... They'd done all sorts of tests and stuff by that point so they knew there was no damage - the doctor called it "a blip" - and Mom being Mom didn't want to worry my sister and I until they knew what was going on :tsk: She's having an angioplasty done in London on Tues, and if she needs a shunt or something they'll do it right then :)

I called her about 2 hrs ago and she sounded good, just like normal :) Kept repeating she was going to be fine and joking about having to give Dad a list of stuff to bring from home for her *g*

Last edited:
Ok, first, it's not recommended to step outside in joggers and a t-shirt. :crazy:

The snow is accumulating, but it looks like the storm hasn't fully hit us yet. I imagine the snow will really start piling on by mid-afternoon. :angry:

Drea said:

I was, thanks :hug: I didn't find out until almost 9pm last night, and she'd been in hospital since about 5:30am... They'd done all sorts of tests and stuff by that point so they knew there was no damage - the doctor called it "a blip" - and Mom being Mom didn't want to worry my sister and I until they knew what was going on :tsk: She's having an angioplasty done in London on Tues, and if she needs a shunt or something they'll do it right then :)

I called her about 2 hrs ago and she sounded good, just like normal :) Kept repeating she was going to be fine and joking about having to give Dad a list of stuff to bring from home for her *g*

your mom is awesome :) maybe when the weather subsides you can go visit her.

When Interference meets real life:

My Facebook status reads: I am so-ooooooo fed up of winter.

Someone sent me a message asking what was up with the hyphenated so-oooo. :lol:

Last edited:
BoMac: you live in a place that gets a hell of a lot more of a winter than TO, you should know better :shame: :lol:

It was snowing harder here when I got up this morning - and windier - than when I went to bed last night... wouldn't be surprised if we end up with more snow than predicted.

Drea said:
BoMac: you live in a place that gets a hell of a lot more of a winter than TO, you should know better :shame: :lol:

It was snowing harder here when I got up this morning - and windier - than when I went to bed last night... wouldn't be surprised if we end up with more snow than predicted.

:shifty: Sorry. :wink:

You definitely should. I've loved every game in there.

1. The Palestra (Penn/St. Joe's/Big 5 Tourney)
2. Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse (St. Joe's)
3. Wachovia Center (Villanova Alt.)
4. Gole Arena (La Salle)
5. Liacorous Center (Temple)
6. The Pavillion (Villanova)

We've had an absurd amount of rain this winter. It's obtuse. Our total snow accumulation has been like 3 inches.

:bump: Getting this back on the first page, where it belongs.

This morning at our run, instead of running in the neighborhoods like we normally do, we ran at a park. It was a good change of pace, but wasn't so fun running thru the mud and muck. :lol: I was covered in dirt when I got home.

Drea, I'm sorry to hear about your mom, but glad that she's doing better. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom