The Temple Bar - I got nothin' UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So had they let subscriptions slide, and they're just now weeding out those who didn't resubscribe?

Dem, hope the weather's okay for your drive! After our relatively balmy temps the past few weeks, we're just now heading back into the deep freeze. :( :shiver:

I guess so. My cc had expired in Nov, so I guess they must have just gotten to mine today, as I had been sending PM's yesterday. Oh well, no big deal. I've paid up again, so all should be fine again soon.

ETA - wow, that was fast! I'm back in business again. :up:

ack- no more moving this fast :angry:

synopsis please, I don't have time to do a comprehensive catch up.

Guess who got a new job :hyper: I had my interview last Monday and have been on tenterhooks all week. I didn't know what kind of chance I had so I told no one. I still can't believe it :drool:

Thank you guys so much - I can't tell anyone here yet until it's announced so I'm dying. Thanks again :beaming:

drive safe tmw Laura - how is the snow right now?

Well thankfully it's been pushed back, the snow isn't supposed to start until tomorrow afternoon and I'll hopefully be back at school by then. (It's about an hour and a half drive on the interstate from here to my university).

snowbunny00774 said:
ack- no more moving this fast :angry:

synopsis please, I don't have time to do a comprehensive catch up.

Guess who got a new job :hyper: I had my interview last Monday and have been on tenterhooks all week. I didn't know what kind of chance I had so I told no one. I still can't believe it :drool:

Congratulations. Well deserved was never more aptly used than here..well done.

I never had a doubt, for the record.

VintagePunk said:

So what will you be doing now? :)

Same company, analyst role. I can continue up the ladder now, and there were a few postings that were suggested to me, but I have seen that happen when people don't have a very very well rounded background, and while they can do the job, it's not neccessarily the best experience for people around them or reporting up to them. This is a 12 month contract (my current job will be held for me, which they had to get approved and it was awesome they did), which will give me more experience with the operations side of things, which will position me well for wherever I end up. I just feel that as I go up I want to have as much understanding of all our business as possible so that I can make decisions that are better informed. Sometimes we don't see that now and it drives me nuts so I don't want to be a contributor to that and have people thinking that of me.

Sorry for the ramble, but I just feel passionately about being the best most well rounded employee you can be, and I'm very excited I get to add something else. I got some amazing feedback from some people I respect enormously today and I'm still on a high from it. :verygrateful:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom