The Temple Bar - HEY LOOK AT ME!!!! I'M AN ATTENTION WHORE!! UYMFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. The weather this week will be phenomenal, sunny with temps in the 15 to 20 degree range. It's about friggin' time. :angry:

The atmosphere in Montreal right now is crazy, with the Canadiens playoff run on everyone's mind. But while I think that their success thus far is a great unifying force for the "two solitudes" in Quebec, I'm starting to get sick of it already.

I guess it's the same everywhere, but there's a lot of bandwagon jumpers here and it's getting on my nerves. Yeah your car is adorned with Habs flags and your face is painted bleu-blanc-rouge, but where were you in October? Where were you last year? I think Red Sox fans have the same issue, as now that the so-called curse is over, everyone seems to be a Sox fan.

The thing is that everyone is going ga-ga over the team, and they haven't won anything yet. I dunno. I think as I get older I'm getting more annoyed with people that are uber-obsessed with a person or thing, as many people are right now with Les Glorieux.

Wow, ok, rant over. Haha!

How are you?

:lol: I totally understand. It can be frustrating to see all that happening when you've been a consistant fan.

I'm doing pretty good, thanks. I have my big 10k race coming up on Sunday, so I'm trying to stay focused for that. It's so crazy that it's almost here. I've been preparing for this for months. I'm really excited, though. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Hey Reg!

I ran competitively when I was younger. I used to love running, but got bored of the races, running on boring tracks, etc. so I quit.

I started running again (but not seriously) in the fall, because I was wanting to do something different to exercise.

This run is one that's held every spring in Vancouver, and it's always been something I've wanted to do. I decided in the fall (after realizing again how much I loved running) that this would be the year for me to do it. I'm not going to be fantastic or anything - my goal is just to complete it. Next year I'll work to improve my time.

ThoraSEB said:
I ran competitively when I was younger. I used to love running, but got bored of the races, running on boring tracks, etc. so I quit.

I started running again (but not seriously) in the fall, because I was wanting to do something different to exercise.

This run is one that's held every spring in Vancouver, and it's always been something I've wanted to do. I decided in the fall (after realizing again how much I loved running) that this would be the year for me to do it. I'm not going to be fantastic or anything - my goal is just to complete it. Next year I'll work to improve my time.

Ok, cool. Well, I wish you the best of luck on Sunday! :hi5:

Hey Laura - Went to see Eddie Vedder last night. At some point, someone asked who he was voting for. He said something to the effect that he doesn't get political, LOL. And then two people with a giant banner walked across the stage behind him with an Obama banner. I have a bad video clip of it, since I was using my cellphone.

Mondays... :yawn:

Lila64 said:
Hey Laura - Went to see Eddie Vedder last night. At some point, someone asked who he was voting for. He said something to the effect that he doesn't get political, LOL. And then two people with a giant banner walked across the stage behind him with an Obama banner. I have a bad video clip of it, since I was using my cellphone.

Mondays... :yawn:

:lol:

That's awesome :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom