The Temple Bar - Going POWERJUICE...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phillyfan26 said:
Michael Irvin would say he was holding the crack pipe for a friend.

roflbotkfmrfz0.jpg

Dang, my day was busier than expected. I think the last 90 minutes will be good, though. And by good, I mean "more time to dink around online."

I recently started to love sushi, but to be honest, I really only eat the sushi roll things. If it's in roll form, I'll eat it and find it totally awesomely delicious. If it's some raw fish on rice, I'll eat that too and find it better than expected. If it's just raw fish .... I might try it.

I don't know if that makes me a faux sushi lover or what, but I don't care.

corianderstem said:
I recently started to love sushi, but to be honest, I really only eat the sushi roll things. If it's in roll form, I'll eat it and find it totally awesomely delicious. If it's some raw fish on rice, I'll eat that too and find it better than expected. If it's just raw fish .... I might try it.

There are other kinds of sushi? :hmm:

I love rolls, love the fish on rice, and will eat the raw fish, too. :drool:

I just have to make sure to avoid the shrimp.

I don't know what exactly "sushi" accompanies. I like the rolls, and I think the raw fish on a ball of rice is sashimi, and raw fish itself is sushi. Or vice versa.

Or something.

I loooooooooooooooooooooooove the shrimp. :drool:

I'm not a big salmon fan. I've had a few kinds of rolls with salmon in them, and they're delicious, but I don't care for salmon by itself.

... and yet I live in a city that's pretty much all-salmon, all the time.

Seafood :drool:

I love going down to the docks near where my parents live, and buying fresh salmon and other seafood right off the boats. :drool: Small fishing towns ftw!

I really don't like fish, but love other seafood: crab, shrimp, lobster, scallops ...

But not the chewy gross stuff like oysters, clams (other than clam chowder), mussels. :yuck:

Thora, do you ever go to Fisherman's Terminal when you're in Seattle?

corianderstem said:

But not the chewy gross stuff like oysters, clams (other than clam chowder), mussels. :yuck:

:up: Agreed. I love clam chowder broth, but not the clams themselves. I just hate having to do that much chewing.

Speaking of food, I think I've become a total sugar addict lately. Ever since the holidays, which involved one of the largest periods of consistent sugar consumption in my life, I've been craving sugar constantly, and my whole appetite has been screwed up for weeks. It's not so bad that I'm shaking without it or anything, but I need to break this before it gets any worse. Thankfully, holidays and birthdays are all out of the way, so the temptation should be lessened. :hmm: Need to drink more water, utilize honey, eat more fruits, and things like that to neutralize it. Wish me luck. :slant:

Afternoon all.

I really dislike all seafood and fish. It's not like I haven't given it a shot—I've tried everything, including shrimp, sushi,lobster.

It's kind of sad really, because there's many dishes that look so good and I wished I would be able to have them.

Good luck! I've been making a concerted effort to eat better lately, too, after months of snacking and gaining a little bulge around the middle.

I realized I ate a LOT of dairy in one day. I knew I didn't want to cut that out completely because a) I love it; and b) the truth has to be somewhere in between the "it's great for you!/it's bad for you" argument.

Anyway. I've already noticed a difference - yay for pants that aren't too tight! But now my brain says "Hey, time to eat like crap again for a little while ... come on ... just for the weekend!"

Bad brain. No cookie!

I love oysters. A little over an hour north of here is a place called Tomales Bay - and there's an oyster and mussel hatchery that you can buy bags of freshly picked oysters and shuck em and eat em right there. Cook a little bit on the grill, and OMG :drool: - best oysters and mussels I've ever had, and that was just with a simple butter & garlic sauce.

Since I found my allergy to shrimp as a kid, I've never tasted lobster. I've had crab occasionally and like it, but I'm not crazy about it. Just the smell of shrimp makes me start to feel a little queasy.

Last edited:
Good sea food restaurants usually have good prime rib or steak, and so that's how I make due when I find myself in one. I just do not like any type of sea food.

Last year I went pretty nuts with the diet and excercise thing. It didn't really work. This year I'm training for a 10k run in April, and I haven't changed my eating yet. I've started to run at least 3x a week, and have been losing weight pretty regularly, which is cool. Hopefully I'll be able to keep this up beyond April. :up:

Yeah, given the choice between seafood and meat, I go with meat probably 9 out of 11 times.

Yeah, eleven. I'm a rebel like that. :wink:

either that or I'm a Guiliani man

I went through a phase in the last few years where eating red meat really upset my stomach. I think a lot of it was due to the fact that my then-boyfriend liked to eat later at night, which was usually when my stomach had closed for business.

But now I seem to be back on track. I don't eat a lot of red meat, but every once in a while a steak or a burger sounds reaaaaally good.

Back
Top Bottom