The Temple Bar - Going POWERJUICE...UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
unico said:

well, i'd know for sure next month. can you hold out for that long? if not no big deal. i'm sure i can hit up a scalper anyway.

Yeah, I won't have them for another few weeks anyway. It would be wrong to sell them off when I don't even have them, wouldn't it?

I'd much rather you have them than some random person on ebay anyway. :yes:

Beav: I saw a scene from Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny last night at my buddy's house. It was where he's training Jack Black by having him play a concert in his apartment with a helmet on. Now I want to see the whole thing.

unico said:
sweet! i've never seen them live. so it'll be great

Me neither. :drool: My mom will happy someone worthy of the tickets is getting them. Ebay scares the shit out of her for some reason. :slant:

phillyfan26 said:
Beav: I saw a scene from Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny last night at my buddy's house. It was where he's training Jack Black by having him play a concert in his apartment with a helmet on. Now I want to see the whole thing.

Yeah, definitely check it out. I think those of us that appreciate ROCK will find it funny. The first 10 minutes kill me.

Oh the dragons balls were blazin'
As I stepped into his cave.
Then I sliced his f**kin' cockles,
With a long and shiney blade!
'Twas I who f**ked the dragon,
F**ka lie sing f**k a loo!
And if you try to f**k with me,
Then I shall f**k you too!
Gotta get it on in the party zone!
I gots to shoot a load in the party zone!
Gotta lick a toad in the party zone!
Gotta suck a chode in the party zone!

UberBeaver said:

Yeah, definitely check it out. I think those of us that appreciate ROCK will find it funny. The first 10 minutes kill me.

Oh the dragons balls were blazin'
As I stepped into his cave.
Then I sliced his f**kin' cockles,
With a long and shiney blade!
'Twas I who f**ked the dragon,
F**ka lie sing f**k a loo!
And if you try to f**k with me,
Then I shall f**k you too!
Gotta get it on in the party zone!
I gots to shoot a load in the party zone!
Gotta lick a toad in the party zone!
Gotta suck a chode in the party zone!

Is it out on cable/satellite yet, or did you rent it?

I want to see it at some point.

I'll never forget watching Mr. Show and seeing a Tenacious D clip in the middle...had never heard of them, at that point.....Jack Black was singing something similar to the above, about Dragons and how some hero rode in from the North on a mighty steed....at one point Black was running through a forest either with just underwear on, or nothing on....it was fucking hilarious. I do not watch much MTV, but they did an MTV diary on Black, and that too was hilarious.

Were Radiohead on Powerjuice when they recorded In Rainbows? It's the only way to explain their current greatness.

Radiohead has been on pure meh for their entire career.

That's right, I went there.

I'm with you, Pfan.

It's not that I don't like Radiohead, I just could never get into them. I don't think they're amazing, and I don't think they suck...I just don't get what the big deal is :shrug:

I never liked the Who, but clearly they sipped powerjuice. And weren't they beofre Zeppelin? I'm not sure. I think the Stones experimented with powerjuice. And rumour has it Robert Johnson used to travel with a flask of powerjuice in his pocket at all times. In fact, one telling of his death says that the bullet that killed him actually went threw the flask. The Powerjuice was so enraged at being disturbed that it killed Johnson AND the shooter. I'm not sure, but many people say "Crossroads" is actually about that incident.

U2democrat said:
I'm with you, Pfan.

It's not that I don't like Radiohead, I just could never get into them. I don't think they're amazing, and I don't think they suck...I just don't get what the big deal is :shrug:

I think they've got a few good songs, but seem overly repetitive to me: odd chords arpeggioed with the lead singer smacking us over the head with his falsetto.

John Frusciante supposedly went off of substances in 1997, but has actually been on Powerjuice since that time.

I love the Who, and if ever a band drank Powerjuice, it was them....and they were first, yes. But Zeppelin took Powerjuice and made use of it in ways previously undreamed of.

There are hidden clues within Oeconomicus that would lead one to believe that Socrates drank some early form of Powerjuice.

Picture1.jpg

Well powerjuice has been around since the dawn of consciousness. One telling is that Genesis 1:20-22: " and thus the serpent in the Garden told Eve to drink the Powerjuice of Knowledge so her eyes would be opened. Eve drank deeply, pushed Adam to the ground and so ready to kick ass she slammed down the [bottle] and said to the Lord, 'make that babies head bigger - I want to feel that shit when I give birth. THAT IS HOW YOU FUCKING GO POWERJUICE!' "

Back
Top Bottom