The Temple Bar - :fuckyeah: ... MUYFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol:

In the first half of 2006, robbery of businesses increased 52.5%, robbery of individuals increased 28.5%, and homicide increased 18% over the same period of 2005. The Memphis Police Department has responded with the initiation of Operation Blue C.R.U.S.H. (Crime Reduction Using Statistical History), which targets crime hotspots and repeat offenders. Memphis ended 2005 with 154 murders, and 2006 ended with 160 murders. In 2006, the Memphis metropolitan area ranked second most dangerous in the nation, it also ranked first most dangerous in 2002 and second most dangerous the year before in 2001. Recently, Memphis ranked second most dangerous among cities over 500,000 in 2007, as well as the second most dangerous metropolitan area once again.
In 2006, the Memphis metropolitan area ranked number one in violent crimes for major cities around the U.S according to the FBI's annual crime rankings, where it had ranked 2nd in 2005.
and our mayor thinks we don't have a crime problem.

:nevergoingtomemphis:
the closest i've come to witnessing a crime was shoplifting, no big deal. and that was in one of the nicer suburbs. i've never had any issues, even when i lived in the bad part of downtown :knockswood:

but yeah, i don't want to live in another city with the problems we have here. that and public transportation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom