The Temple Bar: Everywhere You Go You Shout It, You Don't Have To Be Shy About It

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I love all things sociological, but two things pull me back from pursuing a career in it: 1) the money stinks and b) I'd get way too attached

I guess it depends on what your standard for money is. Some of the positions I've been looking at have had rates of pay around $25 - $30 per hour, with just a BA and a few years experience.

Kat, that would be a tough job. :( Usually, in that context, they would have someone in the social work field provide the care/counselling (and hence, the caring and empathy), but have a psychologist supervise, and advise treatment options/areas of focus.

Speaking of which, I just finished the book Lolita, and I looked it up on wikipedia. All these years, I never realized the line in Don't Stand So Close to Me is: just like the old man in that book by Nabakov :ohmy:

For 25-ish years, I guess I've been mumbling that line whenever I sing it. :lol:

Didn't Sting used to be a high school teacher - english, I believe - or am I thinking of someone else?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Sting in that video was pretty hot.

Smart guys :drool:

Closer in age, huh? Wait, are you calling me old? :angry:

If for some unforeseen reason I were to be single again, my cutoff is 28...don't ask me why, I can't tell you how I came up with that number, but I did.

:shrug:

And women don't get old they mature...guys on the other hand...:whistle:

April you've made me want mini eggs :madwife:

I'm going to get some and curse you while I'm eating them :drool:

I'm on hold with Toshiba again they didn't do what they said they were gonna do and the repair place wants $250 in addition to the $90 I already paid them :mad:

RedrocksU2 said:
Why do I get the feeling that all the girls are ganging up on poor Regg? :hmm:

Are you calling me a girl? Because I just criticized Reg, and the others jumped in after. You just called me a girl. And, NOW, I will disappear from this thread for another 3 days.

No spoken words said:

Are you calling me a girl? Because I just criticized Reg, and the others jumped in after. You just called me a girl. And, NOW, I will disappear from this thread for another 3 days.

NSW is not a girl...just a wussy...:yes:

So I see they unchained you from your desk...good to have you back cadet!

redkat said:
Lila check this out they need extras and you're not too far from dodger stadium

http://www.beinamovie.com/?gclid=CK6F6qf_wooCFSNQYwodc2qalA

Thanks for the link. Don't really have the time to spare. I got things to do, like work, visit doctors, etc.

Nice to see you NSW. Hope you make it back before the weekend.

Reg - you trying to redeem yourself with the 28 and up remark? :hmm:

RR -you text me at the weirdest times! A few weeks ago I was sitting in an examining room waiting to see the doctor! :lol:

Creed? :tsk: :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom