The Temple Bar - Doozer is in control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was an old thread somewhere about how I was going to reclaim my ancestal throne in Scotland. But I think I changd my mind for some reason and opted to take parts of Canada. Or something. I forget why. However, being as how I can't get 12 rooms, I might have to just resort to Plan A and take the whole goddamn country.

12 rooms is a lot because most B&B's arent that big. Damn 12 rooms is a lot to find in vegas at times. We only need 3 though separating my parents would probably be a good idea.

I've only been to England and Ire. I'd love to see more someday. Hard to pull myself out of Ireland though I could stay forever I think.:drool:

I'd definitely love to explore more of the UK! :up: I lived in Ireland for a while, and have been to a few parts of England, but I would love to see more.

Scotland's borders will probably be closed for a while after I reclaim the throne. Figure from late July through....March 1st. Gonna clean the place up a bit, do some usurping and whatnot. Big party on 3/2 though. Try to plan your trip around that time.

Wow beav the flight to Edinburgh in March is only aroung $600 :hmm:

I'm losing it. I'm looking for health insurance, used text books and trying to book this flight :crazy:

We're going in July and it was ... $1000 each? A bit less I think. And we bought the tix in Sept I think. Peak season travel = lose. March is probably a slow time.

Have you looked flying into Shannon or even London and getting cheaper transport from there?

ETA - I'm trying to get Numb to come to NYC on St. Pat's. He's currently somewhat enjoying "retirement." It'd probably be awesome if he didn't need money.

I really hope he comes :hyper:

We are going to Shannon but you have to fly into Dublin to take the 20 minute flight(most of it taxiing) to Shannon :der:

No way my family would mess with going from London. Too many bad memories and they're grumpy travelers.

March is a slow time, last trip to Ire. was April I think :up:

I was in Dublin in April a few years ago. I used to work for the airlines so we flew first class. :happy: And we had the layover in Shannon (with a rollup bar :happy:). It was like 7am. People went to the bar. :happy:

Awesome city though. I enjoyed it. Tobad I didn't like Guinness then. Idiot.

Kat, you do like your family, right? :)

Beav, if you need any help with the usurping and whatnot, you know you can call on me to assist.

As I said earlier, was in England the one time, a week in London....I loved it. I very much want to see Ireland and Scotland, though....even Wales. Few things move or impact me like travel.

I love my family just forgot how difficult they are when traveling. It's all coming back to me now. The threats to leave my dad there. My dad threatening to leave early.

My brother and I became drinking buddies on that trip :familybonding:

Beav you missed out on some great Guinness :drool:

7 am people drinking :lol: Think though with the time changes for most of them it was appropriate.

I was teasing....I am sure you love your family. I love mine, too, but like any family, they are sometimes not so easy to deal with. But, they let me stay with them for free when I visit NYC, so who can complain? :)

I can't even drink OJ at 7am, let alone alcohol.

I like LMPA's drive bys.

redkat said:
I love my family just forgot how difficult they are when traveling. It's all coming back to me now. The threats to leave my dad there. My dad threatening to leave early.

My brother and I became drinking buddies on that trip :familybonding:

Beav you missed out on some great Guinness :drool:

7 am people drinking :lol: Think though with the time changes for most of them it was appropriate.

I did actually have a guiness at the factory, but it took me forever to drink it and I believe my wife(gf at the time) actually ended up finishing it for me.

Now that I am older and wiser I will be drinking Guiness while tossing a baby around a bar this summer! Growing up rocks.

UberBeaver said:

Now that I am older and wiser I will be drinking Guiness while tossing a baby around a bar this summer! Growing up rocks.

No one will even look twice. Europe rocks :up:

my family is driving me insane though and i've got a 6 page health quesionairre to fill out. Insurance does not rock :down:

UberBeaver said:

I did actually have a guiness at the factory, but it took me forever to drink it and I believe my wife(gf at the time) actually ended up finishing it for me.

:cute:

Family bonding with the little beaver.

I wonder what happens when you get the Crue, and you toss in a little Chester Bennington?

What? Reggie knows what happens???

:)

Europe does rock. I don't really drink but was thinking about this country and prohibition. WTF? How could that have been a good idea? This country is insane, much as I love it. And, I know we were not the only country to have prohibition laws (I think a few Nordic countries and Russia had similar laws around the same time the US did), but still. 13 years or so of prohibition in the US. Wow. Way to go Protestant Right.

Anyway, I know this was not a particularly deep or well written out thought, but, reading about Beav's dream of tossing hi kid around while hoisting a Guinness just got me thinking.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I know, even my non-dirty posts can be misconstrewed.

Uber-baby is much better. :cute:

Working hard today, Reg?

NSW, thanks btw, re: drivebys. :lol:

And the best thing is you caught before I could even post...:up:

And I'm working much harder than I care to :grumpy:

NSW, I know what happens when you take the Crüe and mix it with the LP 'singer' :yes:

No problem, LMPA. :)

I'm working from home today, and in the time between this post, and my last one, I took out my clippers and put that shit on 4 and shaved my head. I cannot wait to have people tell me that I missed a few spots in the back. :up:

ETA - Have fun, LMPA.

Oh, ever since just before Thanksgiving (when I let 2 drunken female friends inflict this on me), I've been going with the #4 cut. My hair has stopped growing on top, but it grows on the sides, so I was looking like Krusty the fucking Klown....something had to be done...so at this bar we hang out at, I mentioned that I was sick of my hair...next thing you know, it's 12:30am and we're at a friend's house and 5 people are watching me get my head shaved using the 4 setting. So, anyway, it was getting long, and I had to cut it....I usually cut it once, then the next time it needs cutting, I go to supercuts or something. I always end up missing like one spot in the back. :) If you look at my profile, that photo is of me with about one week's growth after getting it cut.

Fuck, that was a long reply, sorry.

Nice pic in your profile NSW :up:
I actually watched some of the DVD from Hawaii last night :drool:

Beav - maybe see if you can find susanp on the forum. I believe she lives in Scotland, not to mention the Lemonade Stand. Maybe she has some hotel/inn advice :shrug:

and redkat, thanks for leaving me out of the gathering as well :grumpy: Not that I would go, but you know, it's always nice to be included. If you have 16 and the dealer has a 2-6 showing, stand & don't hit. Chances are the dealer might bust. And that's your blackjack tip for the day.

Last edited:
prett much whenever the dealer has anything under a 6 you stay and let them bust.

I always get myself with a 16 and the dealer with a face card. You're supposed to hit and it never works out :angry:

I think Carlos is the one who went shouting off names. Why do I get in trouble. I of course invite everyone to everything :i'mpushy:

Back
Top Bottom