The Temple Bar: Booze & action... UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom told me a couple of weeks ago to keep next Thursday night open as she needed me to go to Toronto with her. She wouldn't tell me why, just kept saying I'd like it, and it would be fun. She also said I had to wear something yellow. I had no idea what she was on about and it was driving me mental. I've searched on and off to see if I could find anything out. I've been killing time the last hour at work, and surfed again to see if I could find anything. I stumbled on a chat board for shoeaholics, and it mentioned a contest that had closed, but there was a picture of someone in a yellow dress. Alarm bells started going off so I called a local store of the chat board and got talking to one of the girls there who is going to find out when the grand prize draw is for this contest, but she is pretty sure it's next Thursday night :sad:

I suspect my mom entered me in this contest and I think I might be a finalist (200 out of many many thousands is what the girl said). :reject:

I feel sick.

snowbunny00774 said:
My mom told me a couple of weeks ago to keep next Thursday night open as she needed me to go to Toronto with her. She wouldn't tell me why, just kept saying I'd like it, and it would be fun. She also said I had to wear something yellow. I had no idea what she was on about and it was driving me mental. I've searched on and off to see if I could find anything out. I've been killing time the last hour at work, and surfed again to see if I could find anything. I stumbled on a chat board for shoeaholics, and it mentioned a contest that had closed, but there was a picture of someone in a yellow dress. Alarm bells started going off so I called a local store of the chat board and got talking to one of the girls there who is going to find out when the grand prize draw is for this contest, but she is pretty sure it's next Thursday night :sad:

I suspect my mom entered me in this contest and I think I might be a finalist (200 out of many many thousands is what the girl said). :reject:

I feel sick.

Hey, good luck with the contest, that sounds GREAT.

ETA - Beav, I find that song addictive.

UberBeaver said:
That sounds like good news, no? Do they send you to shoe rehab? Will you say "No No No?"

It's good news except you don't get in the final based on chance :reject:

I finally tracked my mom down, (who is having my perfect Saturday btw, Jays game, meltingly hot, has had some drinks and was wandering to a patio somewhere :mad:) and she started laughing hysterically and handed the phone to her friend who was doing the same thing :(

Apparently the entry involved pictures of my shoe collection and a poem she wrote but somehow (this is the woman who has kept newspapers from the year we left Ireland) forgot to make a copy of :madwife:

It also explains why when I called the shoe store someone in the background kept saying "OMG I think someone from London is in the finals...is it the girl with all the shoe cubby holes?" and the other girl kept shushing her.

So yeah...I think Amy wrote that song for me for more than drinking :heart: There will be no rehab :standsfirm:

I don't even remember what keywords I searched to find the board, Zoots, I wasn't really paying attention. I am amazed I never thought to look for one before though :hmm:

Shoes? Who cares if you have to wear a yellow dress, I'd wear a fucking green and puke orange dress if it meant free shoes. :drool:

I think I'm not leaving the house again for the rest of the evening. Yeaaah.

I woke up from a nap to a voicemail informing me that a friend of one of my friends (who I've never met before, just saw a picture of a while back and commented in passing that he was cute) is newly single and youknowthedirectionthisisheadedin. :whygodwhy::crack:

I think it may be time to join a convent. Beav, I know you've been researching them, which ones pass your high quality standards?

Btw, speaking of "rehab", I need to burn that cd for my mom. I think she'd dig Ms. Winehouse. :wink:

I think the prize is worth $30k or something...:drool:
I'll go fucking naked if I have to (wait - they might take the money back, nevermind)

I'm just mortified that who knows how many people knew about this and have seen the pictures :grr:

Yeah, my mom love it so yours might too. She really likes Mr Jones or whatever it is.

Go out - check out the new guy :up: :selfishinterestshereimalreadyinforthenightidontneedtobevicariouslyinforthenighttoo:

snowbunny00774 said:
I think the prize is worth $30k or something...:drool:
I'll go fucking naked if I have to (wait - they might take the money back, nevermind)

I'm just mortified that who knows how many people knew about this and have seen the pictures :grr:

Yeah, my mom love it so yours might too. She really likes Mr Jones or whatever it is.

Go out - check out the new guy :up: :selfishinterestshereimalreadyinforthenightidontneedtobevicariouslyinforthenighttoo:

I listened to the entire cd for the first time in a few weeks last night on the way to my friend's house and was all :drool: - I think my mom would love Mr Jones, too. :up:

They may give you more money/shoes if you go naked. :sexywink:

I'm totally in for the night - I told my friend who's meeting a new guy tonight for the first time to text me as soon as she knows what's up (she met him through myspace). I feel bad for bailing but I a) don't feel like going b) my throat is really hurting and also c) I don't feel like going.

I will call the friend with the newly single friend later tonight, see what's up. This will just further prove what a glutton for punishment I truly am.

:margaritatime:

So you win 30k worth of...shoes? :scratch: I bought a pair of shoes yesterday, I did nothing for me. My old ones had a big hole in the bottom. My wife was more excited than I was. I don't get the shoe thing. Well, good luck anyway. I wonder if they'll call you up on stage, and have someone read the poem while you stand there giving your mom the death stare. Pics Nao. :drool:

April - I haven't checked the detroit area for convents, but there's a few good ones in Alaska, Glapagos and some country that doesn't allow men, I forget what it's called, but I'm leaning towards that one right now. I can send you all pertinent info if you choose to go forward. If you start now, maybe you can be Siena's Mother Superior. That'd be cool.

NSW - yeah, I like that too. The F Me shoe song gets stuck in there too, but I don't know the words, so just the melody really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihFzr8QPfOg

Here's a funny clip of Amy Winehouse on Nevermind the Buzzocks or something. She's pretty lit the host keeps ragging on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom