The Temple Bar - Bon Voyage Beav and NSW! - UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

I think Cori said in the book thread that she read it, and it was really good.

I just started Rushdie's Ground Beneath Her Feet.

I really wish I had more patience for books. :slant:

It's probably the need to listen to music all the time that is taking away from my reading time though. lol.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I saw a purse the day we left with the same exact pic in my avatar, but by the end of the trip I was too broke (and had no more room in my suitcase) to buy it. :sad: :lol:

You are such a material girl! :tsk: :p

Zootlesque said:

It's probably the need to listen to music all the time that is taking away from my reading time though. lol.

I know he's your fellow countryman and all, but you need patience for Rushdie, his books always start off really slow. :crack: :lol: They're ultimately worth it though. But I've heard that Ground is actually one of his weaker novels.

I haven't been listening to enough music lately, all my music is on my other computer and I haven't transferred it yet.

Thanks VP! :love: It's funny... I was wondering if you'd seen my list... especially since I had included Gilmour. :sexywink:

Take A Breath = :combust:

Zootlesque said:
Thanks VP! :love: It's funny... I was wondering if you'd seen my list... especially since I had included Gilmour. :sexywink:

Take A Breath = :combust:

That was the first time I'd actually looked at *any* of the lists. I was really impressed. People obviously put a lot of work into them. Good job, you guys!

Zootlesque said:

This book (Love is a Mix Tape) piqued my curiosity so I just read an excerpt online. Here's a paragraph that I think you'd appreciate, Zoots:

In her car, we listened to Marshall Crenshaw’s first album, and when we got to her place, we sat on the couch under that big painting. She was not comfortable any more; she was really scared. She got up and put on my Big Star mix, then took it off. She put on Marshall Crenshaw again. I went through her shoeboxes of tapes. This girl was definitely an eighties girl. She had one tape with REM's Murmur on one side and U2's War on the other, another with The Velvet Underground And Nico backed with Moondance. Uh oh, she also had a lot of XTC tapes. We'd have to work that out later.

Last edited:
Yikes! My boss walked in all of a sudden! It's good I didn't have the blue crack window open.

That excerpt does look interesting, BoMac! Books about music :drool:

Zootlesque said:
It looks soooooo realistic! Fantastic photoshop job!

Thank you. Some of them really come out real looking, depending on the angles and such :drool:

902.gif

Back
Top Bottom