The Teaches of Peaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Have any of you heard of Peaches? She's pretty big in the electroclash movement,.. and has been getting several mentions by popular pop stars who gravitate to her explicit sexuality in song and on stage..

I'm kinda embarrassed to post about her, because if any of you have seen her song titles, they are a bit wacky in a pervy way - but it's fun and humorous music, so I'm enjoying it so far.

B00006L3HS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I personally cannot STAND her. :uhoh: I've only heard that obnoxious "Rock Show" song, but it was enough to make me want to puncture my eardrums and never hear any music ever again. In fact, I would go so far as to say it is my least favourite song in the history of the world.

:|

As far as electroclash goes, I like Fischerspooner.

meegannie said:
I personally cannot STAND her. :uhoh: I've only heard that obnoxious "Rock Show" song, but it was enough to make me want to puncture my eardrums and never hear any music ever again. In fact, I would go so far as to say it is my least favourite song in the history of the world.

:|

As far as electroclash goes, I like Fischerspooner.

FWIW, "Rock Show" is unlike the rest of the record. I didn't care for the song, but it's not indicative of her record AT ALL.

meegannie said:
Good. That song is the root of all evil. All the world's wrongs can be traced back to that song.

:lol:

in all seriousness, it's a fun and dancey record.. i don't know what's up with that one song. :shrug:

I've heard of her and a friend of mine showed me her website once. She encourages people at shows to take photos of her crotch and send them in to the crotch gallery. It's a bit shocking.

Calluna said:
I've heard of her and a friend of mine showed me her website once. She encourages people at shows to take photos of her crotch and send them in to the crotch gallery. It's a bit shocking.

I'm totally not into explicit sexuality - but I thought that "gallery" was hilarious. She's so out there! I don't know why I'm not bothered by this.. it's so not like me.. I guess I figure it's her perogative, and she isnt being victimized, so..

if this was a mainstream star, it wouldn't be acceptable at all. Since she's so underground.. :shrug:

Yeah, I'm not bothered by it either. Whatever floats her boat, really. She's no victim, that's for sure. The gallery is pretty funny but not for the faint of heart.

all I know know about her music is the "Fuck the pain away"-bit on the 2 Many DJ's album

Salome said:
all I know know about her music is the "Fuck the pain away"-bit on the 2 Many DJ's album

I just realized that was her last night.

I like it better than "Rock Show," thankfully, but I still don't like it very much. And she kinda makes me want to :barf: :reject:

i think that cd came into the radio station and our music director tossed it straight into the garbage based on album cover...

i'm not big on electroclash.

HelloAngel said:
:lol: Oh? Do tell! Did you get "Father fucker?"

No, but I was talking to someone tonight and realized that I've grown to like The Teaches of Peaches....it's grown on me like a furry green mold.

Back
Top Bottom