The Teachers Faculty Lounge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zoney! said:
^ I thought you were on strike? :lol:

Technically yes I am. If I didn't have a new baby, I would be.

Anywho...

I'm a secondary (6-12) certified math teacher.

I've taught for 7 years. All of those were 7th grade except for one year I taught an 8th grade class [don't want to do that again!]. Basically, I've seen, the good, the bad and the ugly.

I have been teaching for 5 years. English in High SChool and it is the best thing I have done. I love my job and I cannot see myself doing anything else. Why I teach? It is a mystery that came upon me because I originally did not plan on it. I had to go back to school to get the credentials for it. We teachers, will not know why we chose this profession. For many that is. It is a phenomenon and a calling. I am just glad that I heard it, felt it and did something about it.

Well i'm just two days away from completing my rounds and im a qualified primary school teacher. I'm hoping i can do relief teaching, practice for when i move to the uk!

I don't think i could teach high school, i went with my class to a local high school for an excursion *shudder* nasty kids. just growing up too fast today!

I've been an English teacher for 2 years and a half now and I'm loving it, especially when I teach in the grandes ecoles and uni :up: although teachers here rarely have a very positive image :shrug: It can be a hard job sometimes, not very rewarding, not very well-paid, but I like to feel that I'm kinda useful and I enjoy sharing the things I love with young people. I try to be an original teacher lol dunno if I'm one yet, but that's part of my objectives. I try to use theater and arts a lot, I'm so eager to take students to shows (when headmasters and colleagues are not too reluctant to modernity lol), I want to disconcert them, I sometimes want them to be puzzled by my lessons. I don't only want to teach them things, I want them to teach me things too and I hope they feel concerned by their own learning. I think a good teacher should try to keep himself/herself in the background as much as possible.

I think I have a good rapport with teens and young grown-ups although I still consider myself as a young grown-up lol (I'm 27 and some of my students are around 23-24 years old).

I worked in very difficult schools however the students always respected me even if they got from the first sight that I wasn't very experienced. Very smart attitude :up:

Last edited:
High school math here. :wave:
Currently, I'm teaching mostly seniors. Trig and Algebra III and also a class of low-level Algebra I kids. :yawn:

Our teacher's lounge has no "lounge" about it. Its just a very cold, boring work room with a mouse infested snack machine and copiers that break down frequently. Woe. :(

Year 6 teacher in Sydney here - Seriously procrastinating ... meant to be writing Year 6 reports and marking final assignments - :yawn: - only 15 school days till my summer holidays!!

On the plus side, been doing a mini-unit on the United Nations, Rights of the Child, Human Rights etc, so been able to infiltrate some U2 music into the classroom! :giggle:

Awe and props to you with the amazing patience to teach the younger kids (under 18).

I teach first year writing (aka Freshman Comp) at a public university and have been working in this field since 1998, when I had my first class as a TA.

I don't know about the rest of you in this forum, but this is the time of year when things get crunchy! Post-thanksgiving pre-break blues are reason to run away to posting messages in forums like this!

Every one who knows me say the same thing about teaching High School. I have to admit it is not easy to do, but I love it. I teach the Freshman kids which are about 13-14 or so. They are handful, but cannot complain. I chose to teach this grade.

Back
Top Bottom