The Swell Season...is hitting the US Shores..!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I watched Once last night and loved it. I purchased my ticket this morning for their May performance in Atlanta :) .

Isn't that just the most wonderful little movie.. I just loved it! It felt almost like a documentary in a way. So real in many ways. I need to watch it again.. I didn't get to see it in the theaters but bought the dvd.

Congrats on getting a ticket for Atlanta.. You should post here with your review after the show.:D

Do you have a good seat for the show?

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Do you have a good seat for the show?

I hope it is a good seat. The venue is brand new so I can't say if is bad or good since I had to rely on virtual seating charts. I think the seat should be fine since it is center orchestra level. I will make sure to post my review.

here is a link to the seating arrangement for the venue:

http://cobbenergycentre.com/seating_charts.aspx

I've decided that I will drive to the show in Cleveland if they don't make it to Pittsburgh. Think they will add more dates soon? Maybe I should just buy the Cleveland tix now? Also, if anyone wants to check out The Frames, itunes has one of their "essentials" downloads for $14.85 (15 songs). Be sure to add the studio version of Lay Me Down from For the Birds to that as well since the version on the "essentials" download is live (but also very good). Were any of the other members of The Frames in Once? Maybe during the recording scenes?

dmalezi said:
I've decided that I will drive to the show in Cleveland if they don't make it to Pittsburgh. Think they will add more dates soon? Maybe I should just buy the Cleveland tix now? Also, if anyone wants to check out The Frames, itunes has one of their "essentials" downloads for $14.85 (15 songs). Be sure to add the studio version of Lay Me Down from For the Birds to that as well since the version on the "essentials" download is live (but also very good). Were any of the other members of The Frames in Once? Maybe during the recording scenes?

They are playing Upper Darby/Tower Theater/Philly. Did you try for those tix? That's as close as they are gonna get to Pittsburgh. Go see them where ever you can cuz they are not to be missed!:D

As far as Frames member in the film I know John Carney (former member and director of the film) was in it. Other members I need to go check, can't remember.. I have only seen the film Once.. LOL

Thanks for the reply! Cleveland would actually be only a 2 hour drive from Pittsburgh. It's about a 4-5 hour drive to Philly. We are way on the other end of PA and always seem to get skipped over for Cleveland. :angry: A real shame cause there are lots of great theatres around here. I think I will take your advice and get tix for the show there now. :wink:

Kind of neat how they are actually a real couple now too! :heart:

dmalezi said:
Thanks for the reply! Cleveland would actually be only a 2 hour drive from Pittsburgh. It's about a 4-5 hour drive to Philly. We are way on the other end of PA and always seem to get skipped over for Cleveland. :angry: A real shame cause there are lots of great theatres around here. I think I will take your advice and get tix for the show there now. :wink:

Kind of neat how they are actually a real couple now too! :heart:

I know... they are so cute... :cute:

rumors are flying around about them getting married and even pregnancy.. Of course, not buying that till I see the official news.. But the frames message board is floating those around it seems.. :huh:

It really is a shame they aren't playing in your area but... a 2hr drive isn't bad and they are so worth it!

Have you seen them live yet?

I saw them last november here in DC and it was wonderful!! :drool: First time then and they just blew me away.. :faint:

No, I haven't seen The Frames nor Glen and Mar live yet. I thought he was so cute when he said in an interview that he was falling in love with her during the filming but was worried because she was just a kid. Hadn't realized their age difference! Guess he got over it! Well I better see them now before they have to stay home and change diapers! :wink:

One of my favorite singers, Michael Brunnock, opened for the Swell Season in Chicago in late November. Colm and Simon even joined him onstage for a couple of songs.

Check out Michael's music if you like The Swell Season. myspace.com/michaelbrunnock

Oh Amy you are SO good! Thanks for this. I really love Mar, she is such a natural beauty just like Ali, and she and Glen just seem so natural together. I love watching them and listening to them sing or talk. THANK YOU!!! :hug:

The SS are playing the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles (Griffith Park) on Oct 4th. I think the regular ticketmaster presale is tomorrow?

I really wanted to see them live, but they were playing in Seattle the night after I saw Duran Duran in Vancouver, so it wasn't possible to go to both. I found out about them coming to the area after I had my DD tix. That's the closest they'll be coming to me for now, I think. :sad: Hopefully they'll circle around this way again in the future. :up:

I was at Barnes and Noble the other day and had a gift card to use and much to my surprise I was walking past the music DVD section and saw a "Swell Season - Live From The Artist Den DVD.........needless to say, it became mine.
Will pop it in tonight or tomorrow :up:

Popmartijn said:
On this site you can purchase downloads of the concerts they're playing:
http://www.playedlastnight.com/artists/artist/6/The_Swell_Season

It takes a few days for shows to become available (and some may not become available at all), but hopefully many will.
$ 9.95 for MP3 and $ 12.95 for FLAC files.

:)

yeah I saw this blog post earlier too.

anyone who doesn't have a ticket maybe able to get a free one here:
Tuesday, May 06, 2008

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR CURRENT U.S. GIGS, we’ll reward you with a ticket

Give us a helping hand and come to a gig for free!!!!

Guys,

We would need 2 people for each of the cities below to do some street team volunteer work. The work would mainly involve handing out promotional materials before the gigs.

In exchange for your help we'll offer you plus a friend to see the show you'll be working at for free. Since most of them gigs are sold out it is a golden opportunity for those who missed out on getting tickets.

The cities we need the 2 volunteers each are:

St. Louis 06 May

Milwaukee 08 May

Louisville 12 May

Atlanta 13 May

Raleigh 15 May

Richmond 16 May

Baltimore 17 May

Please if you wish to volunteer send a mail to swellseasonvolunteers@gmail.com and put in the subject field the name of the city where you'd like to do the volunteering and in the email include your full name and your cell phone number.

PLEASE NOTE THAT CHOOSING THE VOLUNTEERS WILL HAPPEN STRICTLY ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS AND ONLY THE FIRST TWO MAILERS FOR EACH CITIES WILL BE CONTACTED SO IF YOU HAVEN'T RECEIVED A REPLY WITH CONFIRMATION AND WITH ALL THE INFO WITHIN 24 HRS THAT MEANS THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS NOT BEEN SUCCESFUL! Unsuccessful applications will not be responded! PLEASE ONLY THOSE APPLY WHO CAN MAKE SURE THAT THEY WILL BE ABLE TO SHOW UP ON THE EVENING OF THE CHOSEN GIG.

Also please only send mails to this email address re:volunteer work. Emails with other irrelevant contents will not be dealt with and will be left unreplied!

Those who applied successfully will receive a mail with all the details at least 24 hrs before the start of the shows they will be working at. (obviously the St. Louis show is an exception since it is on today so for that you'll be contacted straight away with all the details by return mail!!!!)

The final deadline for the applications is 13 May, TUESDAY 09:00 AM/GMT.

All personal details (name, cell) will be kept confidential.

Thanks for everyone who will decide to lend a helping hand and we are looking forward to have you on the team!

the latest from the Swell Season blog... (I just got this email today..grrr...apparently the top list of shows went on sale yesterday...sorry)

Tickets for some shows of the Fall Tour are ON SALE NOW!!!

Some shows have gone on sale for the Fall Tour of The Swell Season today on ticketmaster. See info below.

Fri, 09/19/08 | Agganis Arena, Boston, MA | Buy Tickets

Mon, 09/29/08 | The Palladium Ballroom, Dallas, TX | Buy Tickets

Fri, 10/03/08 | SDSO Open Air Theatre, San Diego, CA | Buy Tickets

Sat, 10/04/08 | Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, CA | Buy Tickets

TICKETS GOING ON SALE TOMORROW FOR THE FOLLOWING SHOWS:

Wed, 09/24/08  |  Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN | Tickets are on sale from 05/09 10AM CDT | Buy Tickets
Sat, 09/20/08 | Massey Hall, Toronto, ON | Tickets are on sale from 05/09 11AM CDT | Buy Tickets

Sun, 09/10/08 | The Pines Theatre, Northampton, MA | Tickets are on sale from 05/09/08 | Buy Tickets

link: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=70699583&blogID=391958131

Just wanted to say that the show in Louisville was amazing!!!

Glen talked about how amazing Obama was (they all went to the Obama rally!) He said he didn't mean to offend any republicans but Obama was inspiring. And he noted that they didn't have a say!

What a great night!

I am bummed because I don't think there will be a recording of the Louisville concert since the other shows without recordings were due to the fact that the theaters were union-houses as is Louisville's Brown Theater! :sad:

:hmm: so very far away but oh-so-doable!

Fri, 10/03/08 | SDSO Open Air Theatre, San Diego, CA | Buy Tickets

Sat, 10/04/08 | Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, CA | Buy Tickets

I have been listening to the Louisville show and it is amazing. Just like I remember! The songs are amazing... The interaction with the crowd....

This is what the playedlastnight website said about the show!!

"There is something special about this show, we just can't put our finger on it. The band has a very controled and calm performance. The crowd is great, but then you hardly expect anything less from Louisville. Recording is excellent, its just a good good show. Some real nice covers as well.
"

Back
Top Bottom