The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chalk up one for the TBS announcers, Mussina's first ever relief appearance was this season...um...no...game 7 2003 ALCS comes to mind.

Listening to Tony Gwynn makes me wonder what I did to offend some diety. He's atrocious, and his voice itself drives me berserk. Plus, Brenly is actually decent, so every time Gwynn says "If you throw a ball, that's not a strike" or "He got a hit there, that's why he's on base" it takes away from something Brenly might actually add to the telecast. What? Am I bitter right now? Huh??

:)

Hewson said:
Chalk up one for the TBS announcers, Mussina's first ever relief appearance was this season...um...no...game 7 2003 ALCS comes to mind.

TBS really brought out some great announcers for the playoffs. Jose Mota was just incredible to listen to. :wink:

Ripken is actually pretty good, but, there are 172 other analysts in the studio, including Frank Thomas, who is amazing, if amazing means "horrible".

Question: how many Octobers are there? I have heard that there may be as many as four but have not been able to verify this rumor.

Dear Yankees:

You know, I love a good Irish tenor as much as the next person. I'm all "yay Irish tenors" and all that.

But honestly - can you please give the mothereffin' Ronan Tynin a REST? Has he sung at, like, every home game since 9/11? Don't you think he's had enough? I know the rest of the baseball audience has.

Sincerely,

Me.

PS: you ain't advancin'.

PSS: I'm sorry, Joe Torre. Don't go. I've always liked you, despite my general dislike of the Yankees.

zoney! said:

I just put some money on the Bills.
Looking decent right now at +10.5 leading 24-13.

I just cheered for an "A-Bomb" for the first time ever.
Found an interesing prop bet.

More total bases, Arod or Victor Martinez.
Odds were Martinez -110, Rodriguez -120...seemed too easy.

zoney! said:

Actually, I think it is usually a recording. Just on "special" nights...like Torre's last game.

lol, yeah, I didn't see him at the games I was at.

Torre is clocking more yards walking back and forth tonight than his players are running.

Never thought I'd see the day when Mariano Rivera comes into a playoff game with a 3-run deficit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom