The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SeattleVertigo said:
Nine straight Mariners losses. So bad, it's almost comical!

Well, if they can't make the playoffs, maybe they can set the all-time consecutive loss record?!

well the Cardinals had two 8 game losing streaks and a 7 game losing streak last year and won the WS, so there's still hope for you

SeattleVertigo said:
Nine straight Mariners losses. So bad, it's almost comical!

Well, if they can't make the playoffs, maybe they can set the all-time consecutive loss record?!

Today would be a great time for them to start winning.

looks like this the make or break week for seattle; if they don't remember how to not give the game away late....

what happened to the bullpen?

zumanity42 said:
looks like this the make or break week for seattle; if they don't remember how to not give the game away late....

what happened to the bullpen?

Yeah, who the hell is this Rick White guy who keeps giving away games? Why why why did we add him to the team?

We were better off without him!

and pedro is off...

r598703190.jpg

Last edited:
SeattleVertigo said:

Yeah, who the hell is this Rick White guy who keeps giving away games? Why why why did we add him to the team?

We were better off without him!

If you're signing pitchers who were cut by the Phillies, that's not a good sign.

Not a good start for Petey :( I hate seeing him like this...the old Pedro was a joy to watch pitch.

CTU2fan said:
Not a good start for Petey :( I hate seeing him like this...the old Pedro was a joy to watch pitch.

:shrug: he gave up a couple of singles and a double that should have been caught by alou before retiring the inning... he wasn't throwing his fast ball at full speed to start the game and it got hit... he started getting it up 88-89 as the inning went along, mixing his pitches and he looked fine...

it's one inning after 11 months off... nothing to get panties in the bunch over

Curve will be tough to get a handle on after the layoff. But he's settled down...really if Beltran & Alou make the plays it could be 1 run, not 3. I only have XM, how does he/his stuff look?

:hyper:

he hit 90 on the gun in the 5th, he has a ton of movement on his pitches... the curve is the only thing that he wasn't hitting with consistancy. the changeup looks fantastic, he's throwing a very effective sinker and has been able to put his fastball up and in in the 88-90 range and get hitters out with it.

negative... a lot of fly balls, which pedro has more or less become a fly ball pitcher in his past few seasons since his velocity has dropped. problem is of course on the days that his command isn't on he could be knocked around with the long ball, which was exactly the case before the injury as well so that really hasn't changed much.

he's out with 76 pitches thrown and a 4-3 lead... at least two of those runs wouldn't have scored if the mets outfield defense didn't misplay two balls. plus he really came out cautious... his fastball was only hitting 81-82 against his first few batters... as he started getting more comfortable he raised the velocity up and there wasn't another hard hit ball the rest of the way, just a lot of lazy fly balls of various lengths.

and the best part of the outing of course is that he came off the field and did the funky chicken in the dugout

pedro's back.

Sounds good. You'd figure he might get another MPH or 2 on the fastball with a few more starts under his belt, if he can be sitting around 91-92 going into the playoffs that will be huge.

And yes, the M's are getting it done...altogether a good day, hopefully Dice-K can make it happen tonight.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
r1870815956.jpg

22 million dollars

Well, 47 mil counting the other guy...around 65 with the baserunner. I think it would be hard to get 3 guys making more money playing baseball in one pic without posing them, you'd have to replace Ichiro with Manny or somebody but it's already the highest paid player & pitcher.

Despisal is an exciting new word. :)

I hate the Red Sox much worse than the Mets, it should be noted, but I liked watching Pedro pitch with them as well.

The 1-hitter he pitched in NY when Chili got him for a HR and that was it, and he had 17? K's...that was just amazing pitching. Watching him from '98-'00 it was like he was on a whole other level than his competition.

He's even fun to watch when he's not pitching, the guy's a total cut-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom