The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet. So far in the last week I've ruined Scott Baker's perfect game and the Mariners' playoff chances.

Now all I need is for the Yankees to go up 2-0 and 3-0 in a playoff series.

My God, the Mariners' bullpen! <pulls hair out>

Giving up seven runs in the 7th inning yesterday wasn't good enough, so ya had to go out today and top it with an eight-run 7th! And two HRs in one inning to the evil one! Gah!

speedracer said:
Sweet. So far in the last week I've ruined Scott Baker's perfect game and the Mariners' playoff chances.

Now all I need is for the Yankees to go up 2-0 and 3-0 in a playoff series.

Good thing you weren't around when Buchholz pitched the no-hitter.

Perfect scenario:

Yankees make an incredible run and win the division.

Angels win division with League's best record.

Boston is the wild card.

ALDS:
Angels/Bosox
Yankees/Indians

ALCS:
Angels/Indians

World Series:
Angels/Mets

:wink:

SeattleVertigo said:
Giving up seven runs in the 7th inning yesterday wasn't good enough, so ya had to go out today and top it with an eight-run 7th!

Being out of town and relying on the internet and the score ticker on ESPN are a horrible way to keep an eye on your team while you're out of town.

This is really painful. I'm not even getting to have the fun of yelling at my TV! :grumpy:

corianderstem said:

Being out of town and relying on the internet and the score ticker on ESPN are a horrible way to keep an eye on your team while you're out of town.

This is really painful. I'm not even getting to have the fun of yelling at my TV! :grumpy:

Welcome to the life of an out-of-market Phillies fan. I'm so far away I can't even hear the game on the radio (but I can - if I were so inclined, which I'm not - get every single Mets night game...I'm in range of The Fan 660 but not WPHT :grumpy: ).

But I managed to score the MLB Gameday Audio crap for free since I agreed to get 4 free issues of Sports Illustrated. After the 4th issue, I'll cancel the subscription. At that point, it'll be playoff time and I'll finally be able to watch the Phils kick ass on TV.

Scamming free shit :up:

Last edited:
:up: scamming :)

Funny the Sox are so concerned about not overworking Papelbon but they'll trot poor Okajima out there until his left arm flies off.

And I see John Lackey is smoking the really good stuff now...did Jered's big brother hook you up? :)

DaveC said:

Welcome to the life of an out-of-market Phillies fan. I'm so far away I can't even hear the game on the radio (but I can - if I were so inclined, which I'm not - get every single Mets night game...I'm in range of The Fan 660 but not WPHT :grumpy: ).

But I managed to score the MLB Gameday Audio crap for free since I agreed to get 4 free issues of Sports Illustrated. After the 4th issue, I'll cancel the subscription. At that point, it'll be playoff time and I'll finally be able to watch the Phils kick ass on TV.

Scamming free shit :up:

I'll summarize the broadcast:

Harry the K: And there's another base hit for Atlanta, putting them ahead 7-3 here.
The Sarge: "Base hit" is a term referring to hitting singles, as well.
Wheels: I tell ya, Harry, there's no one in the bullpen, I think Atlanta might be sticking with the pitcher they have in the game next inning. Maybe that's why they double switched when he came in.
[Background sound of Harry hitting the gin and tonic and toasting it to Whitey.]

Oh, the gods are smiling on the Mariners today!

First, it's an off-day, so no loss. But second, and even better, we released Rick White -- he of the 8.40 ERA since he's been with us. Good riddance!

Why do we give a shit about what Ankiel did 3 years ago? HGH was still legal in MLB back then. Plus, he was probably using it to heal his injuries quicker. They should leave this poor guy alone.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i fucking hate the media.

they should write all their articles without the use of spell check and computers and see how their performance does without those enhancers.

who gives a shit

:yes:

Headache, you're right. The media can perform their jobs under the influence of anything and get away with it. Hell, if they were high on something when they wrote their stories, that would be a good reason/excuse for why they suck.

BTW: I know where you were going with the enhancers and the spellcheck thing, but I thought my slant was funny.

Go Yanks! WildCard City!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i fucking hate the media.

they should write all their articles without the use of spell check and computers and see how their performance does without those enhancers.

who gives a shit

If they did that, Peter Gammons would be the only sports reporter in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom