The Sundays - i just discovered their album & it reminds me of UF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone else got Reading, Writing And Arithmetic by The Sundays (early 90's indie band)?!?! Its a fantastic, beautiful record and it reminds me a lot of the more delicate moments on UNFORGETTABLE FIRE and WIDE AWAKE IN AMERICA.
If you love:

A Sort Of Homecoming
Promenade
Bad
Love Comes Tumbling
etc..
then you might really like this album.

What does anyone else think? All replies very welcome...

Cheers.

Wow!!! look at all of those new smileys!!! anyway back to the subject, I think that the Sundays are a very fine band...I just recently worked out how to play 'Summertime' on guitar and I can kind of see the UF era correlation, but I think that if you like the Sundays then try another band called 'The Cocteau Twins'- they are very good as well and have similar harmonies like the Sundays
smile.gif

Yeaay, i've heard of The Cocteau twins. I only know one song tho, Bluebeard, which has a kind of female viewpoint in its lyrics i think. A good song which was introduced to me by a friend, who i wish was thinking 'are u the right man for me?'. And now i've gone all soppy.
redface.gif
I thought about buying 'Four Calender Cafe' by them today. Funny, that.

hmmm.. never thought of the U2 connection. I'm afraid I still don't see it. Not much anyway.

but yes, I have it. I have to be in the right mood to hear it though. I do like Harriet Wheeler's voice, and the tone of the record I find interesting.. I can never quite put my finger on it. lilting? melancholy? yea, those words fit I think.

My absolute fave is 'your not the only one I know'. yes, I simply must go and listen right NOW!.........................

Back
Top Bottom