The Streets in the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
babyman said:
Ain't these the ones who sing with that London accent, ain't them?

He 'sings' in a Birmingham accent you'll find :wink:

more commonly known as a 'Brummie' accent.

He grew up not too far from where i live :ohmy:

So you speak like him? :wink:

They're very funny, a friend of mine at university who has been right to Birmingham a couple of years back thanx the Erasmus Project, has shown me a video of them. I think it was one of their first, I've forgotten the title, but it was a short song, around 2mins 30secs/3min. We laughed a lot, the singer is very likeable! And my friend said to me he sings with the tipical London accent, so it's Birmingham accent instead?

Nice one you have, Step! :wink:

babyman said:
So you speak like him? :wink:

They're very funny, a friend of mine at university who has been right to Birmingham a couple of years back thanx the Erasmus Project, has shown me a video of them. I think it was one of their first, I've forgotten the title, but it was a short song, around 2mins 30secs/3min. We laughed a lot, the singer is very likeable! And my friend said to me he sings with the tipical London accent, so it's Birmingham accent instead?

Nice one you have, Step! :wink:

Well he was born in London but grew up in an area called Northfield in Birmingham which is a few miles from where i live. It's by the university.

i think that's right anyway :scratch:

but yeah, i do speak a bit like him :wink:

Everlastinglove said:
what are the differences between the accents???? English is not my mother language!

Watch Eastenders and you'll find out what the Essex accent is!

The Birmingham accent isn't very nice :reject:

Everlastinglove said:

(@ babyman : So you like Ronnie and The Streets??? Perfect combination! :D)

:yes:

I have just listened over the radiowaves to the Streets new single.......................boy, this boy is great, he's so so funny, not only because of his accent, but mostly because of the things he says...................I like The Streets!!.......................And Ronnie!! :)

1stepcloser said:

Watch Eastenders and you'll find out what the Essex accent is!

The Birmingham accent isn't very nice :reject:

You know many of my friends have said to me that England is the last place to go where to learn english, right because of all the strange accents. They have suggested me places like Scotland and Ireland................................but, aren't they also places with heavy accents influences??

babyman said:

You know many of my friends have said to me that England is the last place to go where to learn english, right because of all the strange accents. They have suggested me places like Scotland and Ireland................................but, aren't they also places with heavy accents influences??

yep. If you speak to somebody from Ireland or Scotland and they speak at a relatively fast pace then you don't have a chance of understanding what they're saying i'm afraid!

Well, I don't know. I've been in Ireland once and had been in contact with "Dubliners". It was quite cool. I understood everything they've said and I got a huge compliment when they said, that my english was pretty good.

Never been to England but when I watch interviews (I don't know - on MTV and other stuff) I understand them. You have to listen closely but all in all it's understandable.

@babyman: i know that he's cool and funny. I opened the thread! :lmao:
And yeah, well, the Ronnie thread,too! :D

:)

I'm planning since a life to go to Ireland, but I never took the time to go there..................................but it's also a money question,I'm a poor student, what can I do...........................:(

:wink:

Well, I know what's your point. I have similar problems. But I was very lucky to go there in 2002. It was just great. I really enjoyed it. But hey, this is a Streets topic so let's get back to it....
I loved the irish accent.... different then the one of Mike! :D
(Great turn! :lmao:)

Everlastinglove said:
So there are no more The Street/Mike Skinner fans in here?
Come on guys, I can't be the only one who likes this kind of music!

BYE

I think we've already established that you aren't.

I haven't had a chance to pick up the new album yet. Looking forward to it still though.

Back
Top Bottom