The Star Wars Thread, Ep II: Blu or Blu Not, There is No Original Theatrical Release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be hilarious if all this just ends up being another Clone Wars type side flick.

Disney to buy "Star Wars" producer Lucasfilm for $4.05 bln

Oct 30 (Reuters) - Walt Disney Co said it agreed to buy film maker George Lucas's Lucasfilm Ltd for $4.05 billion.

Disney will pay about half in cash and issue about 40 million shares at closing for the acquisition of the film studio known for the iconic "Star Wars" movies.

Link

Marvel, Star Wars, Red Tails, Pixar

they also had a mouse mascot at one point

I'm cool with more live action Star Wars movies.

I also suggest that they follow the exploits of Han and Leia's really hot daughter, played by somebody that's really smokin hot.

"[New Lucasfilm president Kathleen] Kennedy will serve as executive producer on new Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas serving as creative consultant. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future."

from release

Jar Jar should be Thanos' crony in Avengers 2.

Princess Leia is now a Disney Princess!

Disney's grimy hands all over one of my favorite things in the world just doesn't sit well with me at all.

Ah, I can see some hardcore fans being upset. If the re-releases, prequels and Clone Wars even remotely represented quality work, I might be inclined to agree. Personally, I feel pretty confident that Disney will produce a much better result than George's latter day efforts.

My need for more Star Wars is more than quenched by the books. I don't need to see other actors playing characters I already know and love. Just fuck this.

My need for more Star Wars is more than quenched by the books. I don't need to see other actors playing characters I already know and love. Just fuck this.

I understand that sentiment. My favorite George Lucas creation is Indiana Jones. If they replaced Ford with anyone ever, I would initiate the riot.

no.jpg

I really hate the idea of Disney doing this. I just don't trust them to do it well.

I would assume that the episodes 7,8,9 would probably feature mostly new characters that we don't know about. I doubt they recast Luke and Han and Leia, etc.

New story. And make the main hero/protagonist a hot girl. Who kicks ass with a lightsaber. Yes.

The fan fiction wheels are turning in my mind, they are.

no.jpg

I really hate the idea of Disney doing this. I just don't trust them to do it well.

I really feel differently. Could they blow it? Certainly. But they have a longtime reputation for quality, and I think they'll know to approach this with care. Besides, the films could absolutely stink up the theater and still be infinitely better than Episodes 1 - 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom