The Star Wars Thread, Ep II: Blu or Blu Not, There is No Original Theatrical Release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they have washer/driers on Corellian light freighters?

They did that day

leia24.jpg

This...

that music-only scene showing Anakin & Padme in their respective apartments

...really kicked my ass when I caught it on TV a couple of weekends ago. I've seen the movie in its entirety probably 5 or 6 times, and the scene has always moved me, but for some reason this time that moment was especially powerful. Great shit.

Every time I see the end of Sith, I get pretty choked up. I loved Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan so much.

Yeah, he really brought the gravitas, as well as a lot of the really funny Solo-esque sarcasm that some people claim doesn't exist in the prequels.

I sometimes feel like he (McGregor) gets kind of lost in the shuffle of "oh the prequels sucked so much", which I find pretty unfortunate. And, to be honest, I'm pretty guilty of doing the same with McDiarmid, now that you bring it up. I tend to forget how awesome he was as The Emperor as well.

This...

...really kicked my ass when I caught it on TV a couple of weekends ago. I've seen the movie in its entirety probably 5 or 6 times, and the scene has always moved me, but for some reason this time that moment was especially powerful. Great shit.

I'm hard pressed to find something this poetic in the OT. Those are great entertainments for sure, but there's just some great pure cinema in the prequels that has a sophistication that doesn't really exist in the earlier films.

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith - Clip: Ruminations - YouTube

Re: Clones, my favorite sequence is probably the whole thing at the colosseum/arena whatever the fuck you want to call it. It's a hell of a lot of fun. All three of the heroes are pretty badass there. "She seems to be on top of things!" Indeed.

I also LOVE the shot of Anakin/Padme on that chariot being wheeled out of the tunnel into the arena after Padme confesses her love. And the swell of the music. Boom. Bucket.

And I love the close-up of the necklace given to Padme by Anakin in Episode 1.

Damn, I never noticed that. And the scene you posted a few minutes ago, I only vaguely remember as well. I think, with or without LeMel, I'm going to have to go watch this right now. Even if it's on my far inferior DVD copy (The ONLY Star Wars movie I have on DVD :()

Yeah, he really brought the gravitas, as well as a lot of the really funny Solo-esque sarcasm that some people claim doesn't exist in the prequels.

The best moment being where he jumps into Grevious' meeting and drops a smug "hello there." I love it.

Other good ones:

"The negotiations were short!"

"Good job!" (to a chained Anakin who was supposed to rescue him)

"Well I hope it doesn't take too long. I have things to do." (to Dooku while imprisoned)

and my personal favorite:

"That's...why I'm here!" (after being mistaken by Lama Su for an envoy of Sifo-Dyas)

I find Clones to be very entertaining, despite the romantic angle. My favorite parts are the Kamino scenes. The tour of the facility, the dialogue between Fett and Obi-Wan in his apartment, the fight, and I like the look created for the planet, with all the water and constant rain. Just very cool from a visual standpoint.

I love the tension in the Jango's apartment scene. You can feel these guys sizing each other up. Obi-wan knows Jango is lying, and Jango knows he knows.

You don't see a lot of shading like that in the OT.

I have the OT soundtracks on cd somewhere, but have no idea where they are. It would probably take me a good hour or two to sort through all my disorganized crap and find them. Fuck.

I love the tension in the Jango's apartment scene. You can feel these guys sizing each other up. Obi-wan knows Jango is lying, and Jango knows he knows.

You don't see a lot of shading like that in the OT.

The Han/Lando relationship fits that bill a little bit, I'd say.

No, but there is enough of a distrust established between the two for it to not be out of the question. The audience is unsure of what side Lando's playing for until he has Leia and Co. taken out of custody.

My example isn't the strongest, but I think there's some relation in terms of character shading and defying expectations. Luke, Han, Leia, Vader, Lando and Yoda go through that character shift at some point in the film, the latter two inverting prior conceptions of their personas to reveal their "true" selves.

I'm hard pressed to find something this poetic in the OT. Those are great entertainments for sure, but there's just some great pure cinema in the prequels that has a sophistication that doesn't really exist in the earlier films.

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith - Clip: Ruminations - YouTube

I think the sound really makes that scene. There are some pulp instincts in the PT that ape the style of the OT, but moments like this show what a willingness to separate a bit more could have led to.

I'm getting the whole set in mid-October. It's been long enough since I've seen the whole uncut films that I'm eager at the chance for a clean palette look at the PT again.

Watched first 90 minutes of ROTS last night, finally got some time to watch it on my dads gigantic projector with 6.1 surround, fucking lovely :drool:

I really love the whole Toschi Station deleted scene.

What's funny is that they start talking about politics, and it's the type of conversation people thought there was too much of in the prequels. The older George Lucas would have left it in.

It probably does slow down the film, but I think it definitely enriches the story.

The Anchorhead part? I had seen that somewhere else before. Can't remember where. I thought it was a cool scene apart from the guy and girl who can't keep their hands off each other. I also didn't like that it implied Luke was a bit of a loser (I think they call him wormy or something). It kinda changes his dynamic a little bit.

I got the set in the mail yesterday and stayed up way too late looking at all the turnabouts and watching the mini docs about them. Super cool. I thought they were going to be digital models that you could manually zoom in and out of, but still cool none the less. The Wampa cut scenes are hilarious in how bad the creature suit looks. Good cut, George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom