The Sopranos: The Final Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed this last episode; Jerry getting whacked, the doctor/inmate relationship with Johnny Sack...

I was looking "again" at the Sopranos cover story in last month's Vanity Fair and I noticed that all of the "decedents" had some form of bullet wound, head wound, or in Ralphie's case, missing his head...but Adrianna's body showed only leaves and dirt, no visible wound....

:hmm: methinks that Ade is still alive..we never saw her hit, we never saw her bleed, only Silvio cap off a few rounds and then get in the car,,,maybe he intentionally missed her....I'm thinking she's been under Agent Harris' control while he was "supposedly in Afghanistan"..the Feds have her hidden out of the country while they continue with the RICO-case against the family...JMO.

^ :yes: I have always thought that she wan't dead because they didn't show her being shot, just Sil shooting. Since when do they skimp on the violence.

I really think she's dead. The Sopranos has never been a big "fake-out" kind of show. If they do actually bring her back in a "surprise, she's alive!" way, I will be VERY disappointed.

I just watched some Sopranos special where the creator says that Adriana is definitely dead. So, I'm thinking she's not coming back. You never know though.

Mr. BAW said:

I was looking "again" at the Sopranos cover story in last month's Vanity Fair and I noticed that all of the "decedents" had some form of bullet wound, head wound, or in Ralphie's case, missing his head...but Adrianna's body showed only leaves and dirt, no visible wound....

When they were showing the tv with the news playing and a woman's hand going for a glass of wine I was holding my breath thinking it was Ade.

I think a number of us would scream for joy if she shows up this season. Not sure if they would spring that on us, though, but you never know.

Mr. BAW said:

she was shot in the back as she crawled away, in what i found to be the saddest death of the series (Vito's was #2) so that's probably why there wasn't a visible wound, since the photos were all taken from the front.

but i could be wrong.

if it were any other series, i'd bet dollars to donuts that she might be alive (though i don't see how -- Silvio slapped a hooker in season 3 and certainly has no issues with killing people, why should Adriana be any different).

i do love the theory you've spun.

but not this show. it's too horribly honest.

^ agree 100%

It never occurred to me she might still be alive. I thought it was pretty clear she was dead. :shrug:

Much as I loved her, I'd be disappointed if they brought her back. It would be too Hollywood. I expect better from The Sopranos.

it was one of the funniest episodes i can remember.

and i really thought Paulie was done for. very, very suspenseful.

I had trouble getting into it, possibly because I was tired from traveling all day. I'm going to watch it again tonight.

I can over-think a bit.

Well, I was wondering if Paulie had a wire or was with the feds?

When he went and got Tony
told him about
them finding the body,
then got him in the car on the trip talking about past murders.

Probably not the case

as i said

I tend to over-think these things.

deep said:
When he went and got Tony
told him about
them finding the body,
then got him in the car on the trip talking about past murders.

:hmm:

nah. i don't think Paulie i soulful enough to turn to save his own ass.

I was hoping Tony would whack Paulie. He's an idiot and annoying as shit. Even when Tony pressed him about Ralphie's joke about Jonny Sack's fat wife, Paulie wouldn't say that he was the one who told Jonny about it. I never thought for once that Paulie was wearing a wire. Remember, they killed Pussy because they found out he was wearing a wire. I also never thought that Adrianna was still alive. I think they filmed her murder that way because she was a woman and they didn't want to actually show her murdered, but she's dead.

Paulie's dream toward the end of the show, where he saw Big Pussy and said "when it's my time, will I stand up?" (or something to that effect...) was chilling, just the way he delivered that one line was awesome.

I just don't see why Tony would whack Paulie. I mean, yes, he's extremely annoying, but other than that? I think we were obviously supposed to think Tony was considering killing him, but I don't see why he'd do it. Paulie had some balls to get on that boat anyway when you could see he was wondering what Tony had planned.

I'm not really pleased with this episode, I thought the first one was really good and laid a lot of groundwork for the rest of the "season", but these last 2 episodes have been kind of underwhelming. I just keep thinking they better get the story moving along a little bit, not a lot of time left!!

I think the whole thing with Tony and Paulie was a test of loyalty. I think Tony is probably a little nervous now that anyone in line for New York boss is being killed off and he's probably wondering if it can happen to him. By process of elimination, he's trying to weed out the person most likely to turn on him. If Paulie will go behind his back and give info to Johnny Sack, it proves his loyalty to Tony isn't 100%.

And I read the same thing you did April :yes:

I watched it again last night. Or tried to anyway. I don't know, I was bored and kept getting up to do other things. That doesn't usually happen with me and the Sopranos. :shrug:

I did find it interesting that there was a mentally ill, violent Asian male character, and a mention of Virginia.

I hope tonights episode starts to pick things up a bit. The last two have been yawners. The first one wasnt a whole lot better either. Disappointing so far.

spoiler alert !!!!

this weeks episode was pretty darn good!!!!!

however, the belly aching and whining will continue.

I disagree deep. I can understand that they may be trying to set things up for something major (obviously). But they dont need to spend 4 episodes to do so. Especially when there are only 9.

So far the final 9 have been pathetic IMO. Still hoping for things to pick up next week.

Now Entourage, that show has been fantastic this season. There hasnt been a bad episode yet. I hate to say it, but I'm glad the Sopranos is going to be over. Its obviously run its course. I just hope they pick it up here in the next 5 and give it a great finale'. I'm not all the encouraged about it at the moment though.

I think everyone is thinking if Tony is going to wack them and Tony is thinking people might do the same to him.

The kid in the shower was just disgusting, they did not have to put that in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom