The Sopranos, Season 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We watched the east coast feed :reject:

Wow! We had 9 or 10 people crammed in our living room watching and at times, the room was dead silent! The scene Irvine referenced was disturbingly realistic and the ending...woah! :ohmy:

I think I might watch it again at 9:00 :hyper:

Bono's American Wife said:

Wow! We had 9 or 10 people crammed in our living room watching and at times, the room was dead silent! The scene Irvine referenced was disturbingly realistic and the ending...woah! :ohmy:

My mom noted that...

She also noted she has the same rug that Junior has in his house. And as I went to leave, I looked down and it's true... same exact rug! :lol:

Bono's American Wife said:

Unfortunatly, the room was only silent a few times, haha, you know what I mean. What a great start to the new season.

^ very funny

can't wait to watch it again on ... wednesday is it?

going to try and see every episode twice this season.

'cause i'm a gigantic nerd.

starsgoblue said:
I was so excited to watch this. :hyper:

Cooked an Italian meal and everything!

Was I the only one outraged that they had no upcoming scenes for the next show--I hate when they leave you screaming!

I was pissed. :madwife:

Maybe next week is going to be so good they can't reveal anything... :hmm:

And I think I'm in the minority when it comes to people who weren't enthralled with Season 5, Irvine... It seemed to me the previous seasons had a lot more "punch".

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
And I think I'm in the minority when it comes to people who weren't enthralled with Season 5, Irvine... It seemed to me the previous seasons had a lot more "punch".

yeah, i think they decided not to show anything from next week because that would give away the resolution of this week's 280lb (great scene on the scale, that!) plot twist.

what did you think of Season 4?

i'd say my two favorite seasons were 1 and 3, followed by 5.

in fact, i'd say that Season 1 of the Sopranos is the best television i've ever seen. period.

so the guy that hung himself in the garage

when he was driving back from the job
he wiped splatted blood off his face and on to a map in his car

no doubt, with his wife and the cops, this will be back as dna evidence

Irvine511 said:

yeah, i think they decided not to show anything from next week because that would give away the resolution of this week's 280lb (great scene on the scale, that!) plot twist.

what did you think of Season 4?

i'd say my two favorite seasons were 1 and 3, followed by 5.

in fact, i'd say that Season 1 of the Sopranos is the best television i've ever seen. period.

I liked Season 4 alright, but Season 1 and 3 were tops, I have to agree. :up:

Season 5 had its moments, but it wasn't was I came to expect from the show.

Carrie, I think the ending last night has opened up so much and wasn't done for shock at all. Maybe had it come at the end of the season, but not now.

starsgoblue said:
I was so excited to watch this. :hyper:

Cooked an Italian meal and everything!

Was I the only one outraged that they had no upcoming scenes for the next show--I hate when they leave you screaming!

I was waiting for previews, but nothing :madwife:
So does the Uncle have Alheimer's or something? That hasn't been diagnosed yet, right?

my theory, after having just watched it again: Tony will, obviously, survive. however, i noticed that the scene with Tony crawling to the phone is interrupted by the scene in the parking lot between Carmela and Big Pussy's widow where Carmela seems surprised that she was able to buy a Corvette on her own whereas Carmela can only get whatever Tony gives her. without Tony, Carmela is nothing. Tony's shooting will freak her out, and Carmela will go into survival road as this shooting will force her to face the possibility (inevitability?) of life-after-Tony -- she's going to start thinking about her own survival. and she's going to start plotting. not necessarily against Tony, but aside and apart from him.

and so will everyone else. the realilty of his demise, the exposing of his vulnerability is going to spread through the ranks, and we may have munities, of all sorts, on our hands very soon.

instead of a gang war, we're going to have civil war.

Irvine511 said:
my theory, after having just watched it again: Tony will, obviously, survive. however, i noticed that the scene with Tony crawling to the phone is interrupted by the scene in the parking lot between Carmela and Big Pussy's widow where Carmela seems surprised that she was able to buy a Corvette on her own whereas Carmela can only get whatever Tony gives her. without Tony, Carmela is nothing. Tony's shooting will freak her out, and Carmela will go into survival road as this shooting will force her to face the possibility (inevitability?) of life-after-Tony -- she's going to start thinking about her own survival. and she's going to start plotting. not necessarily against Tony, but aside and apart from him.

and so will everyone else. the realilty of his demise, the exposing of his vulnerability is going to spread through the ranks, and we may have munities, of all sorts, on our hands very soon.

instead of a gang war, we're going to have civil war.

Very interesting... :hmm:

I think Carmela's been wanting to "break free" for awhile now, but this will scare her enough to where she's finally forced to do it. About time.

I want to watch it with Irvine next week. :D

And yay Doozer! :applaud:

I want to watch it with Irvine next week. :D

that would be fun ... though you being in Detroit and i in DC does make things a little bit difficult. perhaps we could both resolve to enjoy a bottle of Chianti while watching on Sunday?

i'd say we could live blog the episode, but since each episode requries my utmost concentration, if not assiduous note-taking, and i turn off my cell phone and remind the boyfriend that he's not allowed to speak to me for the next 57 minutes, i don't think i could do that.

still, live blogging the Grammies with Headache was tremendously fun ...

:giggle:

Irvine511 said:

that would be fun ... though you being in Detroit and i in DC does make things a little bit difficult. perhaps we could both resolve to enjoy a bottle of Chianti while watching on Sunday?

i'd say we could live blog the episode, but since each episode requries my utmost concentration, if not assiduous note-taking, and i turn off my cell phone and remind the boyfriend that he's not allowed to speak to me for the next 57 minutes, i don't think i could do that.

still, live blogging the Grammies with Headache was tremendously fun ...

:giggle:

Can you just imagine if Headache was a Sopranos fan? Dear lord... :lmao:

Chianti it is, Irvine. :yes:

Irvine511 said:
^ very funny

can't wait to watch it again on ... wednesday is it?

going to try and see every episode twice this season.

'cause i'm a gigantic nerd.

I also watch every episode twice. :nerd:

Now I remember why I didn't cancel HBO after the last episode of Six Feet Under.

Great first episode.

:drool:

Can you just imagine if Headache was a Sopranos fan? Dear lord... :lmao:

it'd be fun.

but i'd bet he'd just hit on me again. like he did Grammies night.

when will the straight men learn? i am already spoken for. :tsk:

Doozer61 said:
i just ordered the first season from netflix. :D

:up:

the first season is genius.

the New York Times called it the greatest work of popular culture of the past quarter century.

i'm inclined to agree.

Irvine511 said:

:up:

the first season is genius.

the New York Times called it the greatest work of popular culture of the past quarter century.

i'm inclined to agree.

I have yet to see the first season my friend is on me to rent it! I must see it!

and tonight :hyper:

intense.

need time to digest.

Edie Falco continues to amaze.

AJ is going to be a problem, already they're creating the parallels between him and Jackie Jr.

Back
Top Bottom