"The Sopranos" Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
Bada Bing!...Gobb-a-gool...

I just had to start this for the most intellegently written and most brilliant ensemble acting in the history of television.

Probably my all time favorite show :yes:

Just wish I had HBO. Now I have to wait for Season 5 to come out on DVD :slant:

Being sicilian, at times at get pissed off at the stereotypes (as I'm sure that my cousin U2loopy will agree) but I have to admit it's a great show that's very well written.... Hi Uncle Charlie ;)

:up:

We only at the 3rd season here in the Netherlands, so I envy those who've seen more. There's no absolute favourite for me... or wait...
:hmm:
Silvio's Godfather imitations! Unfortunately he does too few of them (although his general behaviour is one big imitation of the Godfather in general).

:D

Marty

don't ruin anything!!
I'm renting it now, trying to catch up...I could watch a million episodes in a row

I'm nly in season two though...

I like pussy, but I think he's gonna get wacked :sad:

I just got rid of HBO to save money and it's killing me.
I freaking love that show! I will probably subscribe again tho when my all time favorite comes back on, Curb your enthusiam!

Curb Your Ethusiasm has proven that Larry David was an important aspect of "Seinfeld"'s success.

I have to agree with Angel: this season is lacking. And I thought last season was slow, but this year just feels stagnant.

My ruminations on the show:

1) Tony needs to lose a lot of weight. I know the producers made him gain weight to keep the role, but he looks worn-out and tired. I suppose that might be what they're going for, but everytime I see him I feel bloated. (shrugs)

2) Edie Falco is hot. Everyone I know thinks I'm crazy for finding an older woman as attractive as her, but I can't help it. She's so sexy and intellegent.

3) Michael Imperiolli is so likeable I feel guilty. He kills or injures someone in every episode, but I feel like he's my best friend.

Danospano said:
Curb Your Ethusiasm has proven that Larry David was an important aspect of "Seinfeld"'s success.

I have to agree with Angel: this season is lacking. And I thought last season was slow, but this year just feels stagnant.

1) Tony needs to lose a lot of weight. I know the producers made him gain weight to keep the role, but he looks worn-out and tired. I suppose that might be what they're going for, but everytime I see him I feel bloated. (shrugs)

2) Edie Falco is hot. Everyone I know thinks I'm crazy for finding an older woman as attractive as her, but I can't help it. She's so sexy and intellegent.

3) Michael Imperiolli is so likeable I feel guilty. He kills or injures someone in every episode, but I feel like he's my best friend.

Agree on all points (and I'm also in you agreeing with me on the Larry David thing - is it weird that I find him hot? :shifty: A balding man in his 50's.... wouldn't be the first time *cough Silvio cough*:wink: )

As a Sicilian who grew up in North Jersey, I can say I've honestly known my fair share of "characters".
Now my family was never involved with the mafia in any way.
But alot of the show is right on in terms of accuracy in its portrayal of characters, events, and locations.

Funny thing is: alot of Italians in this state now consider themselves as "one of the gang" since that show came out.
They're a bunch of morons.:tsk:

Best show on television, no question. Its the reason I have HBO.

However, the dream sequence last week was too long. Too many things happened (very important things) that we heard about after the fact. :angry:

The show is obviously trying harder and harder to turn Tony S. into an evil character but its not working for me. I'm still completely fascinated by him.

VIVA TONY!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Agree on all points (and I'm also in you agreeing with me on the Larry David thing - is it weird that I find him hot? :shifty: A balding man in his 50's.... wouldn't be the first time *cough Silvio cough*:wink: )

No, it's not weird... I think he's hot too...

:|

I'll probably look like Larry David in the future, so I'm happy to hear your thoughts on his hotness. Sense of humor goes a long way, doesn't it? ;)

I agree that the dream sequence was a bit too long. I don't even know if it was necessary to the plotline...almost like they didn't have any ideas that week and filled it with weird, seemingly disjointed tid-bits and recollections from the past seasons. I loved the Annette Bening role...(LOL).

Danospano said:

Gotta agree with counts 1 and 2...

I've been on vacation and hadn't seen this thread...no shit, last night, while in Oregon, I dreamt that Christopher and I pulled the biggest hotel robbery; I was the getaway driver and I was able to get us out of the parking structure undetected' Chris looks at me and gives me a "good job Rick!" I then drove him to a family dinner but I had to stay in the car! ????? what's that mean?????

:heart: the Sopranos...

Holy shit.

Last night's episode more than made up for the entire season. :|

Sil... :sad:
April....I know!!! :eek:
I wont spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it....but holy fookin crap!
I know I should have seen it coming....but it was still shocking nonetheless. Dammit....nothing is safe in mafialand. :der:
I won't say anymore about it....but I'm still in shock. WTF!
Things are really heating up between all the mob families. Something tells me one of the Sopranos are going to get it next.

mmmBono said:

April....I know!!! :eek:
I wont spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it....but holy fookin crap!
I know I should have seen it coming....but it was still shocking nonetheless. Dammit....nothing is safe in mafialand. :der:
I won't say anymore about it....but I'm still in shock. WTF!
Things are really heating up between all the mob families. Something tells me one of the Sopranos are going to get it next.

Silvio broke my little heart last night. I guess they need to every once in a while to show these guys aren't cuddly little mobsters.

PS - I have a stong feeling you're right. :ohmy:

That's it! I'm not going to read this thread any further. Here in the Netherlands were still at season 3 (I guess, the one where Tony's mother plays such a prominent part in the beginning). In fact, it's on TV in about 80 minutes! :hyper: but I don't want to read anymore about it.

:sigh:

Silvio broke my little heart last night. I guess they need to every once in a while to show these guys aren't cuddly little mobsters.

OMG :shocked:

That was really, really shocking...I just wanted to yell at the TV, "noooooooooo, don't get in the car!"

It made me really sad and uncomfortable :(

Bono's American Wife said:

OMG :shocked:

That was really, really shocking...I just wanted to yell at the TV, "noooooooooo, don't get in the car!"

It made me really sad and uncomfortable :(

Seriously. I was screaming at the tv when it was happening.

If Paulie had done it, that would have been a little better, but not much. :slant:

PS - Did anyone catch them all on Letterman last night? :lol:

U2SavesTheWorld said:
That was one of the best episodes EVER.

It really was. The acting was brilliant. I have been a lukewarm fan since the beginning but Sunday night's episode was so incredible that I assumed it was the season finale. I was shocked when they then showed the previews for the actual season finale! It was just mindblowing friggin' fantastic acting.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just saw the encore presentation of Sunday's show. (crying)

I figured it would happen sooner or later, but not like that. I was actually fooled until the final turn into the woods. I thought they were actually going to the hospital.

My skin is still crawling at how wonderful she was as a human being, yet I'm satisfied that the writers aren't sugercoating what the mafia stands for. Never go against the family. They could have found a different scenerio, but that would have been a Hollywood ending, not indicative of the series and its history.

I guess I should have seen it coming when I read that De Mattaeo had signed on from that "Joey" sictom with Matt Le Blanc.

Back
Top Bottom