The "Somewhat Premature" 2010 AFL Thread that is likely to remain awesome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only just seen the fixtures now since they're up on the official site. Happy/sad about only one game at AAMI, I guess now I'll definitely have to make a trip out west next year, and if possible another Melbourne trip.

Our draw ain't too bad, except we only get 5-6 games on FTA TV.

And we have to face the Eagles at Subi.

You could of just replaced Fremantle with Port Adelaide and it still would've made just as much sense. :lol:

i think melbourne is a fantastic club to go to. you write them off, but this isn't the EPL remember. they've got an absolute wealth of youngsters now.

freo, yeah not so much. the soon they move to tassie the better.

i think melbourne is a fantastic club to go to. you write them off, but this isn't the EPL remember. they've got an absolute wealth of youngsters now.

freo, yeah not so much. the soon they move to tassie the better.

They do have some great youngsters right now, yes. But youngsters don't make a team, some won't reach their potential, and they still need the right guidance. An average player can play better than a naturally talented one with good leadership. I'm not saying Melbourne don't have that, I mean they have some brilliant kids, but it'll still take a while for them to get where they want to be. I don't think you're denying that, but I still think the hill is a bit steeper for them than a lot of people are saying.

oh yeah, i agree with you totally. i can't see them finishing any higher than say 13th (wishful thinking) or 14th next year. but axver, in all his football ignorance, :)wink:) appears to be writing them off. in a few years time they'll be back.

Port - 1 premiership; crazy successful SANFL history; could just as well end 1st as they could 16th.

Freo - 0 premierships; purple; unlikely to have major success for a few more years yet.

I know which one I'd take.

Plus those guernseys designed by Lucy are heaps good.

oh yeah, i agree with you totally. i can't see them finishing any higher than say 13th (wishful thinking) or 14th next year. but axver, in all his football ignorance, :)wink:) appears to be writing them off. in a few years time they'll be back.

Ever since I first stepped foot in Australia, people have been saying that. And yeah, they've had some decent years in the last decade or so, but they've also had some absolutely shit years and seem to make a habit of being a laughingstock. I'll keep writing them off!

Port - 1 premiership; crazy successful SANFL history; could just as well end 1st as they could 16th.

Freo - 0 premierships; purple; unlikely to have major success for a few more years yet.

I know which one I'd take.

Plus those guernseys designed by Lucy are heaps good.

Yeah, this. Fremantlulz.

Ever since I first stepped foot in Australia, people have been saying that. And yeah, they've had some decent years in the last decade or so, but they've also had some absolutely shit years and seem to make a habit of being a laughingstock. I'll keep writing them off!

well you're well within your rights to until they actually have some success!

we got a few steals in the draft.

stephen wells (our recruiting manager) deserved knighthood.

As much as I hang shit on Melbourne, it's not because I dislike them as a team. I'd quite enjoy seeing them win a premiership.

Freo, on the other hand? Even 16th is too good for them.

I'd love to see Freo win a premiership. It'd be like a particularly fucked up dream, or purgatory.

Richmond too, how good would it be to see them with the cup? But Melbourne can get fucked. I've never met a Melbourne fan that didn't come off as a jerk to other supporters, and the side themselves just come off as a rabble, even though I like a lot of their young kids and wish all my heart to Stynes, etc.

Back
Top Bottom