The "Somewhat Premature" 2010 AFL Thread that is likely to remain awesome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can imagine him spending time with the locals up there at the local pub. :up:

But he should be stoked with his achievement, it will inspre him to greater things in following years.

TODAY'S TRADE HAPPENINGS aka I don't want to write that 1000 word essay

• Josh Gibson and pick 69 to the Hawks for picks 25 and 41
  • Amon Buchanan & Brent Staker to Brisbane, Bradd Dalziell to West Coast, Mark Seaby to Sydney
  • Andrew Raines to Brisbane for pick 44 NOT CONFIRMED
  • Interest in Joel MacDonald (Lions) and Shane Mumford
  • Geelong looking at Marcus Drum (Freo)
  • Essendon and Hawthorn both looking at Shaun Burgoyne, with Essendon sussing out a deal involving Lovett, while talks are at a stalemate with the Hawks as they refuse to offer a better player
  • Port looking for a ruckman
  • Freo looking to offload Brett Peake
  • Brock McLean to Melbourne for pick 11
  • Dogs/Hall is close, with Dogs having offered third round pick, but no reply from Swans as yet
  • Carlton say they are entertaining offers about Fevola, I still think he'll stay

Brock McLean went to Carlton, Danny.

Brisbane have had plenty of inclusions thus far, Buchanan, Staker and possibly Raines. A bit of a win for them. Port have interest in Shane Mumford, it seems. Josh Gibson to the Hawks is an interesting one, easily one of North's top players.

I'm not fussed about the Crows being rather inactive this trade week. We don't really need anyone else.

Tis okay.

Serves Gibson right for deserting his club! :rockon:

Andrew Swallow won it anyway, I would've thought North deserved something more than two crummy picks. Hawthorn seem to be greedy, they're not offering Port anyone for Shaun Burgoyne, Port seem to want Jordan Lewis ... yeah right, he ain't going anywhere.

Barry Hall a confirmed Bulldog, but I just can't see why the Western Bulldogs are now considered to be one of the front runners for 2010 because of Barry Hall. I mean, he won't kick 5 goals a game. :shrug:

i hope he does, and he could.

if it wins them a flag - and it very well could, remember they were what, seven points short of a birth this year - we're going to be comparing it to hawthorn trading for dew.

I guess so. Unfortunately, as much as I feel like it's deserved, I really can't seem to rate the Bulldogs.

Another confirmed trade. S. Burgoyne (Port) goes to Hawthorn, Mark Williams (Hawks) goes to Essendon and Jay Nash and a draft pick (Essendon) go to Port.

I laughed at the fact one player manager said no one wants to play for Port, it's so true. :lol:

1. Fevola apparently sexually assaulted a female HUN reporter on Brownlow night.
2. Victorian clubs already knew about this, which is why they held no interest in bagging him.
3. He's officially going to Brisbane.

Yep, if I was a Lions supporter I would be filthy, giving up two quality players in Bradshaw and Rischitelli just to get a drunken bozo in Fevola. I hear some supporters ripped up their memberships, can't blame them.

Brisbanes other conquests: Amon Buchanan, Brent Staker, Xavier Clarke and someone else I can't remember.

I'm happy that we didn't take much part in trade week, Tippett signing on further was better than anything. :yes:

He's more than a drunken bozo. If he swears off the drink at Brisbane, which I think will happen, you watch how good a season he'll have.

Carlton got fucking gutted in that deal.

Meanwhile Shane Mumford must be pinching himself. He's a rookie, played 18 games in the absence of Ottens, then got dropped when it mattered, and now he's got a four year deal and $1.2 mil. Swans must be rolling in it.

Would you think that he'll make Brisbane a top four side next season?

So did Rischitelli and Bradshaw eventually join Carlton? Despite their desires to stay home?

The AFL really seemed to have wanted him to get out of Melbourne by any means. Could have also been something he did involving Demetriou that night.

Anything that makes Carlton an even crappier team can't be all bad. Brisbane are looking pretty formidable now, I genuinely think they're a chance at the four at least. Trade has just seemed to have made strong sides stronger.

I love the fact that Port recruited Jay Schulz, Choco probably thinks he's the next Tredrea.

:lmao:

The more I think about this, the more I feel sorry for Carlton supporters.

Maybe in the long run, and that's a big maybe, considering Henderson hasn't proven anything yet and pick 12 could be a dud, the Blues will be better off for it. But wow.

I've been a bit taken aback at the stinging criticisms thrown Port's way by journo's this week. Out of line.

My boss made a very good point - what's the lesson out of all this? Don't touch Chris Judd's girlfriend. :lol:

What's interesting is, who's gonna kick Carlton's goals? Jarrad Waite maybe?

No. Brisbane offloaded Lachie Henderson and pick 12 for Fevola and pick 42.

i'd be bleeding if i was a carlton supporter.

I would be too, especially ok lets put it in my eyes as a collingwood supporter, if they Trade Didak for Henderson and pick 12. You might say Didak isn't worth that much. I'd be bleeding, but thinking, okay...this guy might only have 3-4 years left (and maybe 2 more in his prime)....where as Henderson might develop into a star, and who knows with pick 12.

That said, Dids isn't a 100 goal a season player, so the above statement can be classed as pure bullshit!

still can't work out why davis was put up as trade bait :scratch: he fell apart when they needed him most, yes, but his past two years have been his best.

delistings today included kane tenace from us (finally!) and nick gill from the crows, which surprised me.

Nick Gill has been having injury problems for sometime now, and was probably never going to make it into the team anyway with that forward line building that's been going on.

still can't work out why davis was put up as trade bait :scratch: he fell apart when they needed him most, yes, but his past two years have been his best.

He cannot play finals, and I think thats why. He's golden for 22 weeks of the year, then it all turns to shit in the finals. I think he just trys to hard to get up for the big games in september.

Not much news lately, but I didn't really want to see this sink to the next page, even though it's off season. The AFL is still continuing its pillaging, though. Guess we can keep this floating around 'til the draft.

Back
Top Bottom