The "Somewhat Premature" 2010 AFL Thread that is likely to remain awesome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're in a Grand Final. :lol:

Epic things like that are supposed to happen! Good to see Roo skydiving into the stadium with the cup!

What a match this is turning out to be. One point the margin early into the last quarter!

WHAT AN AMAZING MATCH! A definite classic this was, up there with '05 and '06 in this decade. Well done to Geelong and bad luck to the Saints, I have utmost sympathy for them, they look distraught and extremely upset, and will be back hungrier than ever in 2010.

I'm not looking forward to when Danny enters the thread. :uhoh:

OUCH.
poor st Kilda, as i said innacurate kicking hurt them.

Well done to the cats, im too scared to head outside, the car horns and stuff have been going a while.
shudder.

well done to the cats i suppose, just makes teh town a bit hellish for a week or so .

well done to Danny wherever he is , off his face and bawling his eyes out with pride no doubt !

Fantastic game all round
:applaud:

Chapman wins the Norm Smith. I wonder how mentally affected St. Kilda may actually be, they could do a Port Adelaide and become a lump of crap for some years failing to make the finals or they could come back hungrier like Geelong this year. It's up to them.

Anyway congrats, Danny, Tomahawk's poster-goal or not, that was a bloody great win and your boys totally deserved it. :) I'm already hearing shit about St. Kilda being robbed by whoever was supporting them on the day, truth is the Saints just didn't make enough of their opportunities and Geelong was better when it really mattered. Great GF though, best for a few years. You could tell they were absolutely buggered by the final quarter. That's what I love to see, a real struggle in the game.

Like I might've said earlier, the match is up there with '05 and '06, Bonnie wouldn't you agree? :up:

I wish I was as cruel as you, Inte. I actually feel really sorry for the Saints right now!

Mmm, even I don't understand my own cruelty, but I have NO sympathy whatsoever when it comes to StKilda...

The Umpiring was atrocious yesterday, particularly in that second quarter, the bias towards St Kilda was nothing short of shameful. I felt like giving up watching the game. What was the point when it was so clear the St.Kilda fairy tale was given every chance possible by the AFL? Quite appalling, and to add to it, Lane and Quartermain were also pro-Sainters.

Thank heavens for Geelong Cats! :up: RELIEF!

All this time and I still don't know who inte supports, only the teams he hates. :wink:

Anyway congrats, Danny, Tomahawk's poster-goal or not, that was a bloody great win and your boys totally deserved it. :) I'm already hearing shit about St. Kilda being robbed by whoever was supporting them on the day, truth is the Saints just didn't make enough of their opportunities and Geelong was better when it really mattered. Great GF though, best for a few years. You could tell they were absolutely buggered by the final quarter. That's what I love to see, a real struggle in the game.
:) Thank you. I've calmed down now, that was an incredible day yesterday. Watched it at a mate's place, and me and a good mate of mine, both Cats fans, went inside to watch it alone because we couldn't handle the others. The last quarter we didn't say a word to each other, but ended up screaming and crying and jumping on each other.

Whoever adjudged Hawkins' kick a goal deserves to be sacked, but I'm already annoyed by the Saints fans complaining about being robbed, or downplaying our win. We were never dominated, we are a great side, we kept in touch, and dug deep when we needed it most.

That was truly a game for the ages, I'll be buying the DVD the second it comes out.

It also reinforced why the Grand Final time should never be changed. It's an institution.
Mmm, even I don't understand my own cruelty, but I have NO sympathy whatsoever when it comes to StKilda...

The Umpiring was atrocious yesterday, particularly in that second quarter, the bias towards St Kilda was nothing short of shameful. I felt like giving up watching the game. What was the point when it was so clear the St.Kilda fairy tale was given every chance possible by the AFL? Quite appalling, and to add to it, Lane and Quartermain were also pro-Sainters.

Thank heavens for Geelong Cats! :up: RELIEF!
I'm still filthy that they gifted the Saints that goal. Milburn may not have touched it if replays were correct, but that decision was deplorable.
All this time and I still don't know who inte supports, only the teams he hates. :wink:

He is a South Melbourne supporter

Like I might've said earlier, the match is up there with '05 and '06, Bonnie wouldn't you agree? :up:

Yeah, obviously it doesn't mean as much to me as those two games, but it was very exhilarating to watch. Even the '05 GF is one of my favourite games of all time, it was heartbreaking, absolutely - but it was a great, tight battle (reminiscent of the Saints/Dogs game last weekend), low scoring but who really cares. And there was redemption, of course.

Thank you. I've calmed down now, that was an incredible day yesterday. Watched it at a mate's place, and me and a good mate of mine, both Cats fans, went inside to watch it alone because we couldn't handle the others. The last quarter we didn't say a word to each other, but ended up screaming and crying and jumping on each other.

Whoever adjudged Hawkins' kick a goal deserves to be sacked, but I'm already annoyed by the Saints fans complaining about being robbed, or downplaying our win. We were never dominated, we are a great side, we kept in touch, and dug deep when we needed it most.

That was truly a game for the ages, I'll be buying the DVD the second it comes out.

It also reinforced why the Grand Final time should never be changed. It's an institution.

That's awesome, mate. :up: Saints fans I know have been gracious in defeat, I think they're used to it. I've had more trouble with neutrals who supported the Saints on the day, but I guess it's different over in Vic.

Hey, I think the DVD is already out! Think it was on the Herald Sun site. Also, may as well bring it up - did the bloke who normally illustrates the premiership posters for the Hun die recently? Can't think of his name right now, but I'm sure you've noticed the new artist:

afl-football-geelong-2007-premiers-weg-poster.jpg
phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg

Pictured: Difference.

And I agree with the afternoon slot, only problem is that I slept in until about 2 so I missed the pre-game banter and ritual.

edit: Well, there you go.

Shit, having read up on this (though I saw it on the Footy Show the other night), I'm gonna be honest here - I dig Mark Knight's St. Riewoldt '09 poster a lot.

weg.jpg

He should save it for next year.

Yeah, obviously it doesn't mean as much to me as those two games, but it was very exhilarating to watch. Even the '05 GF is one of my favourite games of all time, it was heartbreaking, absolutely - but it was a great, tight battle (reminiscent of the Saints/Dogs game last weekend), low scoring but who really cares. And there was redemption, of course.

afl-football-geelong-2007-premiers-weg-poster.jpg
phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg

Pictured: Difference.

Even though my team wasn't involved in the '05 and '06 GF's I did enjoy them a lot, much more so than this years. And I like the look of that new style '09 Cats premiers poster. Something different for a change.

Oh when the saints,
lose the grand final again
oh when the saints lose the granny again
oh how i want to rub into saint kilda!
when the saints lose the granny again!

:happy:

Thank you max rooke, I won $90 with that goal after the siren, to win works finals footy tipping!

Danny the DVD is out already, and I want to buy it, that game was pure awesome!

Yeah the bloke who did the posters for the past however many years died last year (or earlier this year) I think, Weg he was best known by. The new one is strange to look at but I like Mark Knight and he's done a good job.

Bonnie I had the most trouble with neutrals supporting St Kilda as well, because they had no emotional attachment to the result they just went nuts.

I'll get the DVD soon it is fantastic.

Does anyone believe the ole' bastard Fevola will be kicked out of Carlton? :hmm:

If so, would your club consider him? Mine wouldn't, our forward line is developing just as we would like, so a definite no?

I heard rumours of Sydney having an interest in him.

:lmao: Oh that is one of the funniest things I've read on here. I don't often audibly laugh, but I did just then.

"This is my book, I call it 'A Man and His Moofies'. Ivan Reitman help me write it, he is a genyous."

I actually came here to post about my Grand Final day, which involved:

Woke up after staying at mate's place, walked past mate and a girl still spooning after I made a judgement and left them alone.
A bacon & egg mcmuffin.
Red Bull.
Putting five $5 bets on at the TAB (the only one that paid in the end was the Cats by 0-12 pts, still waiting on the Cats-Storm double)
Buying meat.
Work from 10-12pm.
Me stressing as I tried to organise the arvo at a mate's place.
Driving home.
Taking beers and meat to mate's place.
Racing back out to get ice and an esky in the pouring rain with mate's ex on crutches.
Call from mate, "can you pick four of us up" (I am on my red P's, but still obliged)
Raced out to get them.
Arrived with about 30 mins to the bounce.
Watched the game, downed some Carlton Dry Fusion Lemons, Teds and Draughts.
Talked shit, laughed
Last quarter, me and another mate (cats fan) relocated inside.
Very very tense.
Siren goes and we had a quasi-homosexual moment.
Mayhem.
Back outside to garage where about 10 blokes wrestled for a good 10-15 minutes.
Kicked footy out in the street, drank.
Watched mates get down to their jocks and run around.
Watched a drunk mate oblige to have his chest hair lit on fire five times with an aerosol can and a stove lighter.
Drank and sang.
Wound up, had dinner.
Went to mynt, local night spot, but left at 1.30, starting to regret that, and should have gone to Geelong.

No one cares but I am very happy and I will be at the parade tomorrow!

Re Fev it would be irresponsible of Carlton to sack him. He is their second best player. Contract has to have a booze clause and he is on his last legs however

I don't believe Carlton would sack him. He's essential in their team, and with some work and lecturing, the Brownlow incident can be forgivable. And maybe take away his dildos.

Dannycat, good stuff. Exemplary honesty when admitting all those quasi-homosexual occurrences.

Didn't realise Mynt was at Wezza? Thought it was Geelong, but I guess that makes more sense.

I swear Fevola has the mind of an immature 12-year old, he'll be like Sam Newman or Warwick Capper when he's passed 40.

Back
Top Bottom