The Social Experiment: Is Love Blind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiki

New Yorker
mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it
I'm not sure how much publicity this is getting on 20/20 commercials right now, but next week they'll be running a special. Those in Chicago have probably heard about this already as it's been going on for over 3 weeks.

Eric and Kathy from one of the popular morning shows in Chicago have started a "social experiment" called "Two Strangers and a Wedding: Is Love Blind".
It's been pretty interesting to follow and next Thursday is the date of the wedding.

Like I said, 20/20 will be airing the footage they've been capturing every day from the Brides side and the Groom's side.
Check it out if you want at http://isloveblind.wtmx.com/index.php

Happy Easter.

the first week they had 5 different "brides" one each day of the week. Then at the end of the week the listeners got to vote via text and stuff, and they voted for Laura, Monday's Bride. Then the second week they did it all over again with the "Grooms" and Laura had to decide which groom---NEVER meeting them, only talking to them via radio or on radio.
So then last week she asked for the weekend so she could make her decision. Monday she decided it had to be Thursday. Turns out the listeners voted for him too, but in the end it was her decision.
So then this week we finally found out his name is Ted and Eric and Kathy have had his mom, her mom, his friends, etc. on the radio to talk to each other. Each night Laura and Ted get to talk for 45 minutes on the phone, but it is recorded and monitored so they can't describe themselves, switch email address's, etc. so they can switch pictures. The idea is that they get to know each other and next Thursay if they decide they want to, they'll get married.

They've met with the wedding planner, one of Chicagos famous jewelers met with Ted the other day---the rings, hair designs, flowers, and tuxs are up for voting on the web page too.

Ted sort of sensed that Laura was having a bad day on Tuesday so he gave one of the radio station workers, money and asked her to pick up flowers and a card and write a note he'd given her, in the card. When Laura got to the wedding planners office Tuesday night, the flowers were there waiting for her.

It's funny...but it seems like this is really going to work.

I remember my guy talking about this. He listens to the Eric and Kathy show every morning. Seems like these two are off to a good start given the circumstances. The groom seems like a really nice guy.

Back
Top Bottom