The Smashing Pumpkins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtunganton

The Fly
fucking rock! anyone else agree? i just bought Zeitgeist and Downloaded Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, and both are great and mellon collie is almost perfect...
*a*

UberBeaver said:
Siamese Dream is the best album of the early 90s, I think it might be second to OK Computer for the entire decade, in my opinion. Plus, it rocks harder than almost any album in history.

It's one of my faves of the '90s, too. :up:

I'm glad Zeitgeist was a return to that style, too.

UberBeaver said:
:uhoh: I've never actually heard it. That's the one with Mysterious Ways, right?

HOLY SHIT!!! Do you not listen to U2 at all?! :ohmy: Or is this the sound of NSW's joke going over my head? :eyebrow:

Anyway Siamese Dream is freakin' awesome! Easily one of the best albums of the 90s, if not THE BEST! Believe it or not, I still haven't listened to Mellon Collie. (besides the hits of course!) It takes me forever to get double albums cos they're more expensive! :( As for Zeitgeist, I'm seeing mixed reviews and so not sure if I wanna get it or not.

Zootlesque said:

HOLY SHIT!!! Do you not listen to U2 at all?! :ohmy: Or is this the sound of NSW's joke going over my head? :eyebrow:

Anyway Siamese Dream is freakin' awesome! Easily one of the best albums of the 90s, if not THE BEST! Believe it or not, I still haven't listened to Mellon Collie. (besides the hits of course!) It takes me forever to get double albums cos they're more expensive! :( As for Zeitgeist, I'm seeing mixed reviews and so not sure if I wanna get it or not.

I have the Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum. :happy: And Numb1075 used to make me listen to other songs, like Acrobat. And considering how much airplay they got in the 90s, I've probably heard a good % of their stuff. So "at all" is going a bit far.

Mellon Collie, I've had that for years, and only within the past two months sat and listened to it. It's really really good, aside from the hits which always turned me off (Zero, Bullet with Butterfly Wings and 1979 - I can't stand any of those songs). I need to listen to it a bit more, but it's definitely better than I expected it to be.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I think when they play 1979 at my concert that'll be time for a beer run.

pic1090.jpg

I .... don't ... understand ...

Zootlesque said:

Zeitgeist is Siamese Dream without the radio friendly hooks. Mediocre.

My friend said she finally figured it out and told me her theory about how Smashing Pumpkins were really good up until Billy shaved his head, and then it was all downhill from there.

I replied, "But what about Mellon Collie? That's a really great album."

"Didn't he still have hair then?" she queried.

"No," I replied. "Hello! "Zero"! And the videos for "1979" and "Tonight, Tonight"! His head was completely shaved."

And she thought for a moment before venturing, "Well, yes, but . . . were the songs written before or after he shaved his head?"

"Before," I answered.

"See!"

:laugh:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I think when they play 1979 at my concert that'll be time for a beer run.

:tsk:

I can't believe I know you right now.

And I'm not even talking about the biblical sense. :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom