the single 'go ireland' thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ccolhandlaura said:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

FUCK-ING HELL!

he is so..... wow....

yeah i think Robbie is VERY goodlookin. VERY!:drool:

theres loads of gorgeous irish lads..

Shay...Jason...Gary (kelly)...THE DUFFMAN...Niall....Kenny....a whole lot more too!!

ya prob dont agree ive been told i have weird taste in men!!

Andy Townsend and Packie Bonner...i also have a big thing for them!!

weird taste in men.....your a year younger than me and like u2.............FANTASTIC TASTE GIRLE!!!! and if larrys ur fave well not even words can describe *how* cool that is!!!!

AAAAAW love Jason Mc Ateeer :drool: :drool: :drool:

you know youre the VERY FIRST one ive found who loves Jason?? thats weird!! but i just cant see how noone thinks hes lovely!!

so what you think of the rest of the ones i named?? go on, be honest, i can take it, im still on a high anyway!!:p

sorry folks. the 'go ireland' threads were becoming unwieldy.

but now theres one place for all your green luvvin;)

Go IRELAND!!

because you girls were saying such nice things about Shay Given, I got my trusty littel Ultimate World Cup Guide to look uo his statistics:D
:):):) 1.87cms 38 caps Born:20th April 1976.

**cass executes a series of perfect cartwheels, dances round her shirt like a Senegalese soccer player and hugs the girls for pointing out young Shay to her**

Up until last night, Adolf Hitler was the only other famous person I knew I shared my birthday with.ugh!

Me and Shay...YAY!!!

Go Ireland

PS: I hope those 4 blokes in the green convertible helped you clean up the party before they left Laura :D

What a day! I'm gettin a bit freaked out sobering up at 6pm and having a hangover before the "next day", but long may it continue!!!:yes:

Can't wait for sunday!!!!!

*shellshocked+hungover............frizzled!*

OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

That Carlsberg ad could well come true!:ohmy:

Hopefully South Africa will shake things up tomorrow, would much prefer them to Spain!! But we can take the Spaniards and their golden oldie centre backs! Hierro and Nadal, 35 and 36 I think! Duffer and Keano will make minced meat outta them!!! Then I'd fancy us against South Korea/Mexico or whoever it turns out to be, then maybe meet England in the Semi?!?!

Oh baby............:drool: :drool:

Thanks for makin us a green luvin thread koby ;)

Us Irish people are little tarts.....can't jsut celebrate a lil bit :D

LAZYBOOOOOOOOOOOOOY HEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!!! I do that "oh baby :drool: :drool: thing too" lol!!!!!!!!

Oh and Cass Shay Given........what a man

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Last edited:
Thanks Koby, much better this way, never know, could set up a whole new record for the number of pages in a thread!!

Watching spain at the minute, its 3-2 to Spain....but you know what?? i really wouldnt mind playin Spain that much,,,,there defense is really pretty shit, The Duffer and Keano (the one and only!!) would rip 'em to shreads!! *Put 'Em Under Pressure, One might say!!!*

ESPECIALLY if we can take care of Raul!! Much as he is gorgeous, i hope someone kicks his ass so he cant play!

I STILL on a bloody high from yesterday.....bloody great!! I might have been only eight....but it wasnt like this in 94 was it?? i think maybe cuz of the He Who Shall Not Be Named incident, everyone appreciates it even better!!

Speaking of HWSNBN the fuckin B****** didnt even bother to watch the match!! Bloody Disgrace to our country. But no more talk of that!! I hereby BAN it!!

lazyboy said:
What a day! I'm gettin a bit freaked out sobering up at 6pm and having a hangover before the "next day", but long may it continue!!!:yes:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Its pretty weird!! but im getting used to it!! Cameroon....Germany...in the words of stan.....BRING 'EM ON!!!

cass said:
Go IRELAND!!

**cass executes a series of perfect cartwheels, dances round her shirt like a Senegalese soccer player and hugs the girls for pointing out young Shay to her**

Go Ireland

PS: I hope those 4 blokes in the green convertible helped you clean up the party before they left Laura :D

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!! same birthday as Shay!!so jealous!!

well, i havent cleaned up yet, theyre still here cass, havin the craic y'know!!

yertle-the-turtle said:
Great showing by the Irish! Is it time to say goodbye to the Spaniards?

Apparently Spain are nervous boot playin ireland

Keaaaaanoooooo Keaaaaanoooooo

LOL Laura....i tink we'll be celebratin for ageeeees! lol

Oh btw on a tangent.....i bought the Kylie-Fever allbum.....totally different for me......and i like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon38.gif
Actually its G-R-E-A-T :D

Oh oh laura look who is in my sig now ;) You should get shay into yours :p

I own Fever. Today I bought the Love At First Sight single. All pretty enjoyable really, very nice, fun music. Let's hope Ireland-Spain doesn't come down to penalties. I hate shootouts.

Re: Ireland classified

Fabiana Hewson said:
Hi!!! This is my first post here... and i want to say that i am very happy because Ireland was classified in the world cup!!!!!!

Hey guys, she's my friend :D and a great, great U2 fan.

I second that, congrats you bloddy green :)

Ireland is my 2nd fave team, for obvious reasons. Maybe we'll meet in the near future...
:sexywink:

bono-vox said:

LAZYBOOOOOOOOOOOOOY HEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!!! I do that "oh baby :drool: :drool: thing too" lol!!!!!!!!

Hey Bono vox!!!:yes:
haha, yeah, I noticed you getting a bit carried away throughout this thread!:lol: But your drule isn't drink induced, more to do with those sweaty men:tongue:

But as straight as I am, I will publically declare my undying love for Keano, Duff and Co, heck, even Cascarino if he was still there:sexywink: , if we send those Spaniards packing!!! :drool: :drool:

er well seems like I've missed a lot...
Firstly, go on the boys on Sunday, personally I will no have no nails/hair etc left by the end of the game.
As a guy I dont mind saying that Shay Given is damn gorgeous...
Have to say though that Jason McAteer is the meer pig :) (please dont ask me to explain...)
think its time to dig out the old put 'em under pressure song :D still remember that from '90, hehe

We'll put 'em under pressue (ooh ah ooh ah)
ole ole ole
We're all part of Micky'S army....
etc etc

Hold me now, hold me now, Till this hour has gone around...

because it all is getting just too exciting!!!

Great day for the Irish.... and the Australians (4.30 pm kickoff here, very respectable hour)

Even though Spain appear to be wearing our Bears strip:D, I'd like to see a win for Ireland( sorry keane if you read this, keane being a chat friend from Spain. )
Come on the boys in green!!
Whatever happens,soccer shall be the big winner of the 2002 World Cup.
hmmmmmm 2002 , might be an omen in that.
GO IRELAND!!!!

well would you believe 9.30 pm.?..even more respectable:)
that is not the red and green.lol woops wrong time
Go Sweden Go Senegal.

Last edited:
Yayayayayayaya!!! I'm so happy!!!

I was in Paris on the day of Ireland vs Saudi Arabia. There was a large TV screen next to a cafe and there were a large crowd of Irish fans sitting there(Yep, I don't know why... And they were all dressed up in green or taking a flag with them. I almost thought I was in Ireland). Well, so I standed next to them and watched the match (my parents were like, 'you come to Paris and all you do is watching the world cup?!?!' Hehe... :D)

Anyway, I really wish Ireland can win this match. I haven't watched Spain playing, but I think Ireland will win... Don't you think so? :D

:wink: :wink:
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
:cool: :cool:

Last edited:
Helluva game. The Irish have nothing to be ashamed of; they played wonderfully. When you're up against a goalie on a roll (like the Spanish keeper), there's little you can do.

PopFly said:
Helluva game. The Irish have nothing to be ashamed of; they played wonderfully. When you're up against a goalie on a roll (like the Spanish keeper), there's little you can do.

Well said, PopFly...

Iker Casilas is a good goalie and he was playing great. He's one of my favourite players(but certainly I was supporting Ireland today) but I think Shay did well too. This game was just so exciting... one of the most exciting games in this world cup I think.

The Irish gave the most amazing match in this World Cup so far,
and this penalty shoot-out's really a bit of a lottery.It was so
exiting to watch them,such a good team,such a good coach,such
attitude.
Ireland is out.VIVAT IRELAND!

Well we're out, but the boys can go home with pride. They did their best against Spain and deserved to win.
120 minutes is a lot for any player to play, and I think its maybe what hurt us the most at the shoot-out, we had outplayed them for 2 hours, they played for the penalties, we tried to win, so they had some energy advantage at the end.
Well done lads, you've done Ireland proud.
The player I feel most sorry for now is Shay, he did so well through the whole tournament, he deserved to be the hero at the end.
Another thing, I dont envy Damien Duff tomorrow, I doubt if he'll be able to walk the amount of times the Spaniards kicked him.
Well we'll try again in Euro 2004 Portugal lads!
In the meantime Forza Azzurri, and can someone please put England out (that means you Brazil) or is there no end to their jamminess?

*head held high and Ireland shirt on*

Last edited:
cloudimani said:
Well we're out, but the boys can go home with pride. They did their best against Spain and deserved to win.
120 minutes is a lot for any player to play, and I think its maybe what hurt us the most at the shoot-out, we had outplayed them for 2 hours, they played for the penalties, we tried to win, so they had some energy advantage at the end.
Well done lads, you've done Ireland proud.
The player I feel most sorry for now is Shay, he did so well through the whole tournament, he deserved to be the hero at the end.
Another thing, I dont envy Damien Duff tomorrow, I doubt if he'll be able to walk the amount of times the Spaniards kicked him.
Well we'll try again in Euro 2004 Portugal lads!
In the meantime Forza Azzurri, and can someone please put England out (that means you Brazil) or is there no end to their jamminess?

*head held high and Ireland shirt on*

you said it Cloudi i 'specially liked this bit: In the meantime Forza Azzurri, and can someone please put England out (that means you Brazil) or is there no end to their jamminess? :yes:

I still LOVE LOVE LOVE our boys :drool:

Back
Top Bottom